Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 04:50 pm
That's the risk we take living this life of speed. Sometimes you get the champagne " other times it's the stool softener.
http://ducati848.org/wp-content/gallery/ducati848pictures/590px-2008_Ducati_848_Showroom.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,781 • Replies: 8
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 05:05 pm
@dyslexia,
Hmmm, those lift bars on the back give me an idea for a support mechanism for my rear tine tiller.

Sorry about your hard stools there dys. What does the bike have to do with it?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 05:10 pm
Remember those side streets in Viterbo I mentioned..

Not that I could identify a Ducati, just saying.
farmerman

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 05:23 pm
@ossobuco,
A Ducati is of the genera "Crotch Rocket"
farmerman

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 05:28 pm
@farmerman,
In Pa, weve done away with helmet laws. So we have a number of bike accidents that turn pretty much fatal. These bikes make one lead with ones head. Some of te Speeds achieved by bikes like Ninjas , are outrageous and , like evolution, we seem to winnow out the "bold drivers". who speed up the curb sides of roads passing cars on the right until some shopper in a Winstar pulls out into the same lane and greases some kid and his bike.
Most kids that rive these CR's , dont worry about defensive driving. Either they believe that they are immortal or that they wont live to see 30.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 05:42 pm
@farmerman,
When I was a tyke, that is, about twenty four or five, someone was decapitated at the low end of Gayley in Westwood on a (l'ambretta? probably spelled wrong). I worked with a bunch of smartie mds, including an orthopod who used to be a halfback, or something like that, who railed against those damned things. I'm mixed, in that I have a natural liking for speed and speed maneuvers, and a good respect for the consequenses of accidents. And I've a natural liking for easy vehicles which, erm, putt putt around. I figure they should not encounter each other.
0 Replies

AnthonyMartello

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 09:00 pm
@dyslexia,
Hello Community,

The Ducati 848 is a sport bike, with a 849 cc V-twin engine, manufactured by Ducati. It was announced on November 6, 2007 for the 2008 model year and replaces the 749, although the 848 model name was already listed on the compatible parts table for the 1098 fuel tank, giving away the secret a few months early. Ducati announced the 848 Evo, as the evolution of the model. The bike featured small revisions such as a black swingarm, Mono-block Brembo brake calipers, steering damper mount as well as some very minor engine revisions.

Best Regards,
Anthony Martello
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 09:03 pm
@dyslexia,
wow...

I never saw this thread.

a friend of mine purchased 3 ducatis just this year. I'm to be doing some gas tank welding after christmas on one of them...

damn, I miss that old bird.
0 Replies

Umang Kumar

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2013 11:08 pm
@dyslexia,
Hello Friends,

The Ducati 848 is a sport bike, with a 849 cc (51.8 cu in) V-twin engine, manufactured by Ducati. It was announced on November 6, 2007 for the 2008 model year and replaces the 749, although the 848 model name was already listed on the compatible parts table for the 1098 fuel tank, giving away the secret a few months early. The 848 makes a tested 115.6 hp (86 kW) at 10,000 rpm and 62 lb·ft (84.1 N·m) at 8,250 rpm. With a manufacturer claimed dry weight of 168 kg (370 lb), the 848 undercuts its larger displacement sibling, the 1198, by 5 kg (11 lb).

Thanks and Regards,
Umang Kumar
0 Replies