((( ATTITUDE PROBLEM )))

NNY

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 11:43 pm
reality is when the wall you have set up for your perceptions has become unbreakable and what lies in between.
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 11:47 pm
NNY wrote:
reality is when the wall you have set up for your perceptions hase become unbreakable what lies in between.

What lies in between ?? Shocked
0 Replies

NNY

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 11:48 pm
your perceptions of life
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 11:51 pm
Which wall ?
0 Replies

NNY

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 11:52 pm
IT's like a gravy bowl. Your perceptions are gravy, they would flow out and be crazy open and everywhere but there is a wall around it, a gravy bowl.
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 06:10 am
You perception of life is pretty scary... indeed
0 Replies

RicardoTizon

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 08:42 pm
This sounds like an optimist vs pesimist preception with a realist caught in between.
Half Full
Half Empty
What a waste of glass space using only 50%
Has rooms for expansion
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 08:48 pm
Ricardo_Tizon wrote:
This sounds like an optimist vs pesimist preception with a realist caught in between.
Half Full
Half Empty
What a waste of glass space using only 50%
Has rooms for expansion

Come to the Party, Sir !! Very Happy There is enough space for everyone...
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 09:08 pm
IDEAL Singh wrote:
nemesis wrote:
I don't think that the two of us could reach any conclusion.

Arguementz result in only one thing that is NOTHING !!! But who initiated it... :wink:

nemesis wrote:
I'd like others' opinions on it though. But not to day. Right now I'm fighting just to stay awake.

But I remember you said the same thing to Sofia in GREED Thread about four hourz back... Rolling Eyes Ok ! Ok !! Peace... I was just kidding...

A Very Good Night... but be in touch.. I have a lot to learn from you...

Regardz

....and I remember, as well. I think nemesis just used her 'sleepy' dodge successfully for the last time. :wink:
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 10:48 pm
OK. What you make of the following:

Samuel Becket, Nobel laureate, wasa famously pessimistic/realistic writer.

He was a cricket fan and until his eyesight failed he came to London every year to go and watch the Test Match at Lords, which has been called the Mecca of cricket. (This understates the importance of Lords to cricket-followers.)
One day Samuel got off the Underground train at St John's Wood and began to walk to Lords with his friends to watch Australia play England.
"Isn't it a lovely day?" says a friend.
"Yes." says Samuel.
"And look at the happy smiling faces around us."
"Yes." says Samuel.
"And we're all going to this wonderful cricket ground to see a match between these two great teams."
"Yes." says Samuel.
"Oh, doesn't it make you glad to be alive?"
"Sure, I wouldn't go as far as that." says Samuel.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 09:06 am
I think singh, you have a cataract in your lens, and are relishing in the 'obscurity'.
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 08:21 pm
BoGoWo wrote:
I think singh, you have a cataract in your lens, and are relishing in the 'obscurity'.

So thats what you make out it.. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 09:13 pm
Now Take This :

The story goes that some time ago, a man punished his 3-year-old daughter for wasting a roll of gold wrapping paper. Money was tight and he became infuriated when the child tried to decorate a box to put under the Christmas tree. Nevertheless, the little girl brought the gift to her father the next morning and said, "This is for you, Daddy."

The man was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, but his anger flared again when he found out the box was empty. He yelled at her, stating, "Don't you know, when you give someone a present, there is supposed to be something inside? The little girl looked up at him with tears in her eyes and cried, "Oh, Daddy, it's not empty at all. I blew kisses into the box. They're all for you, Daddy."

The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little girl, and he begged for her forgiveness.

Only a short time later, an accident took the life of the child. It is also told that her father kept that gold box by his bed for many years and, whenever he was discouraged, he would take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.

In a very real sense, each one of us, as humans beings, have been given a gold container filled with unconditional love and kisses... from our children, family members, friends, and God. There is simply no other possession, anyone could hold, more precious than this.
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 03:22 am
Time is your treasure...
Time:

One of the secrets of happiness is to take time to accomplish what you have to do, then to make time to achieve what you want to do. Remember that life is short. Its golden moments needs hopes and memories and dreams. When it seems like those things are lost in the shuffle, you owe it to yourself to find them again. The days are too precious to let them slip away. If you're working too hard, make sure it's because it's a sacrifice for a time when you're going to pay yourself back with something more important than money could ever be. If you're losing the battle, do what it takes to win the war over who is in control of your destiny. Find time, make time, take time..... to love, to smile, to do something rewarding and deeply personal and completely worthwhile. Time is your fortune, and you can spend it to bring more joy to yourself and to others your whole life through.

Time is your treasure...
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 02:22 am
One day, there was a blind man sitting on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet and a sign that read:"I am blind, please help".
A creative publicist was walking by him and stopped to observe - he only had a few coins in his hat, he dropped a few more coins in his hat and without asking for his permission took the sign, turned it around, and wrote another announcement.
He placed the sign by his feet and left. That afternoon the creative publicist returned by the blind man and noticed that his hat was full of bills and coins. The blind man recognized his footsteps and asked if it was him who had re-written his sign and he wanted to know what did he write on it?
The publicist responded: "Nothing that was not true, I just rewrote your sign differently". He smiled and went on his way.
The blind man never knew but his new sign read : "TODAY IS SPRING AND I CANNOT SEE IT".

Thought
Change your strategy when something does not go your way and you'll see it will probably be for the best. Have faith that every change is best for our lives. Put your heart, mind, intellect and soul even to your smallest acts.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 06:23 am
Alternative thought:

Reality is in the eye (ear, nose) of the beholder.
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 05:44 am
fresco wrote:
(ear, nose)

I hope you did not miss much... Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 10:44 pm
Express Yourself
There are times when we are timid and shy about expressing the love we feel. For fear of embarrassing the other person, or ourselves, we hesitate to say the actual words "I love you."

So we try to communicate the idea in other words.

We say 'take care' or 'don't drive too fast' or 'be good.' But really,these are just other ways of saying 'I love you, 'you are important to me,' 'I care what happens to you,' 'I don't want you to get hurt.' We are sometimes very strange people. The only thing we want to say,and the one thing that we should say, is the one thing we don't say.

And yet, because the feeling is so real, and the need to say it is so strong, we are driven to use other words and signs to say what we really mean. And many times the meaning never gets communicated at all and the other person is left feeling unloved and unwanted.

Therefore, we have to LISTEN FOR LOVE in the words that people are saying to us. Sometimes the explicit words are necessary, but more often, the manner of saying things is even more important.
A joyous insult carries more affection and love within the timents which are expressed insincerely. An impulsive hug says I LOVE U even though the words might be saying very different.

Any expression of a person's concern for another says I love you. Sometimes the expression is clumsy, sometimes even cruel.Sometimes we must look and listen very intently for the love that contains.But it is often there, beneath the surface.

A mother may nag her son constantly about his grades or cleaning his room. The son may hear only the nagging, but if he listens carefully,he will hear the love underneath the nagging. His mother wants him to do well, to be successful. Her concern and love for her son unfortunately emerge in her nagging. But it is love all the same.

A daughter comes home late, way past her curfew, and her father confronts her with angry words. The daughter may hear only the anger,but if she listens carefully, she will hear the love under the anger. "I was worried about you," the father is saying. 'Because I care about you and I love you.

You are important to me. We say I love you in many ways-with birthday gifts, and little notes, with smiles and sometimes with tears. Sometimes we show our love by just keeping quiet and not saying a word, at other times by speaking out, even brusquely. We show our love sometimes by impulsiveness.

Many times we have to show our love by forgiving someone who has not listened to the love we have tried to express. The problem is listening for love is that we don't always understand the language oflove which the other person is using. A girl may use tears or emotions to say what she wants to say,and her boyfriend may not understand her because he expects her to be talking his language. Thus, we have to force ourselves to really listen for love.

The problem with our world is that people rarely listen to each other.They hear the words, but they don't listen to the actions that accompany the words or the expression on the face. Or people listen only for rejection or misunderstanding. They do not see the love that is there just beneath the surface, even if the words are angry. We have to listen for love in those around us. If we listen intently we will discover that we are a lot more loved than we realize. Listen for love and we will find that the world is a very loving place after all.

LOVE is a happy thing. It makes us laugh. It makes us sing. It makes us sad. It makes us cry. It makes us seek the reason why.
It makes us take. It makes us give.
Above all else it makes us LIVE.

It is not the presence or absence of people that makes the difference because a person need not be lonely even if he is alone.Sometimes it is good to be alone. But that does not make us lonely. It is not a matter of being present WITH someone. It is a matter of being present TO someone. So remember...

If you love someone, tell them. Remember always to say what you mean.Never be afraid to express yourself. Take this opportunity to tell someone what they mean to you. Seize the day and have no regrets. Most importantly, stay close to your friends and family,for they have helped make you the person that you are today and are what it's all about anyway. Pass this along to your friends. Let it make a difference in your day and theirs. The difference between expressing love and having regrets is that the regrets may stay around.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 10:52 pm
I'm sorta on the same page as edgar. I don't glorify poverty in any way, because we came from that background. We worked to get what we have in a country that provides the opportunity. I recognize that some people will never max out on their potential for many different reasons, but I will not apologize for enjoying the fall of my life.
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 10:58 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
I'm sorta on the same page ad edgar. I don't glorify poverty in any way, because we came from that background. We worked to get what we have in a country that provides the opportunity. I recognize that some people will never max out on their potential for many different reasons, but I will not apologize for enjoying the fall of my life.

Could you please express this in plain English for my benefit... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies