((( ATTITUDE PROBLEM )))

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 10:29 am
Hi Everybody,

The following little stories are my favorite collection of short stories collected over the Internet... All have a little message stored in it about... Negativity in our Attitude... thatz what the storiez are all about...

I hope you enjoy these as I do...

Regards
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,038 • Replies: 67
No top replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 10:30 am
ATTITUDE IN LIFE
ATTITUDE IN LIFE
I wish we could have the attitude of that child...

"One day a father and his rich family took his young son on a trip to the country with the firm purpose to show him how poor people can be. They spent a day and a night in the farm of a very poor family. When they got back from their trip the father asked his son, "How was the trip?"

Very good, Dad!"

"Did you see how poor people can be?" the father asked.

"Yeah!" "And what did you learn?"

The son answered, "I saw that we have a dog at home, and they have four. We have a pool that reaches to the middle of the garden, they have a creek that has no end. We have imported lamps in the garden, they have the stars. Our patio reaches to the front yard, they have a whole horizon.

When the little boy was finishing, his father was speechless.

His son added, "Thanks, Dad, for showing me how poor we are!" Isn't it true that it all depends on the way you look at things? If you have luv, friends, family, health, good humor and a positive attitude toward life, you've got everything!

You can't buy any of these things. You can have all the material possessions you can imagine, provisions for the future, etc., but if you are poor of spirit, you have nothing..."
_____________________________________-

What do you think about it. Plz Share...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 10:34 am
Hmmmmmmmm...

I really really agree with the last part, that things don't necessarily make you happy, especially past a certain point. But I cringe a little at the context -- a mansion doesn't necessarily make you happier than a good solid 1-bedroom house, but a good solid 1-bedroom house can make you MUCH happier than a leaky, rat-infested aluminum shack that is prone to being washed away in monsoons. I'm always wary of romanticizing true proverty.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 10:36 am
But it's so much easier to justify the disparity between them and you that way. I'll romanticize away, thank you very much, until they come up my gated drive with the torches and the rope. (Flippin' flippant, yep.)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 10:37 am
Whereas i agree with Aman's attitude, i, too, cannot endorse a rosy view of poverty . . .
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 10:47 am
(did i mention the pitchforks?)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 11:20 am
I grew up, one of the poorest of the poor. I don't look fondly back at those times. Of course, a poverty stricken mind can make the rich truly poor, but it can also keep a poor man poor.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 06:10 pm
well said, edgarblythe
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 09:49 pm
Ok here is another short story with message... what are your viewz...

A group of frogs

A group of frogs was traveling through the woods, and two of them fell into a deep pit.

All the other frogs gathered around the pit.

When they saw how deep the pit was, they told the two frogs that they were as good as dead.

The two frogs ignored the comments and tried to jump out of the pit with all of their might.

The other frogs kept telling them to stop, that they were as good as dead.

Finally, one of the frogs took heed to what the other frogs were saying, gave up, fell down and died.

The other frog continued to jump as hard as he could.

Once again, the crowd of frogs yelled at him to stop the pain and just die.

He jumped even harder and finally made it out.

When he got out, the other frogs said, "Did you not hear us?"

The frog said, "No, I'm deaf. I thought you were encouraging me the entire time."
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 10:17 am
Hello everybody !! Did you not get the story at all?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 10:24 am
Patience! Smile

I got it, so to speak, but rather than saying "hmmmmmmmmmmm" again, I'm thinking about it a bit more.
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 10:25 am
Okz Got it Sir, Sorry !!!
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 10:43 pm
Do fingers grow back?

A man came out of his home to admire his new truck. To his puzzlement, his 3 year-old son was happily hammering dents into the shiny paint. The man ran to his son, knocked him away, hammered the little boy's hands into a pulp as punishment. When the father calmed down, he rushed his son to the hospital.

Although the doctor tried desperately to save the crushed bones, he finally had to amputate the fingers from both the boy's hands. When the boy woke up from the surgery and saw his bandaged stubs, he innocently said, "Daddy, I'm sorry about your truck." Then he asked, "but when are my fingers going to grow back?" The father went home and committed suicide.

Think about the story the next time you see someone spill milk at dinner table or hear a baby cry. Think first before you lose your patience and become angry with someone you love.

Trucks can be repaired. Broken bones and hurt feelings often cannot. Too often we fail to recognize the difference between the person and the performance. People make mistakes. We are allowed to make mistakes. But the actions we take while in a rage will haunt us forever. Pause and ponder. Think before you act. Be patient.

Always remember: YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE ANGRY, BUT YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE CRUEL... UNDERSTAND AND LOVE. "IN YOUR ANGER, DO NOT SIN."

"Live the present moment to the fullest,So the future will be a worthy past."
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 10:16 am
singh; i think most people here will find your stories somewhat patronizing, as they have a perhaps fuller awareness of the realities of life than average, and do not need to be 'educated'.

while it is always important to maintain a well balanced view of the quality of one's aspirations, it is not neccessary to evangelize, especially to a group with whom you are unfamiliar.

don't take this as a criticism, only simple advice.
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 10:26 am
Well, there will alwayz be people who would alwayz reconclie with these parablez... Dont you agree with them... ? please clarify your point of concern...
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 10:45 am
they are somewhat axiomatic; i simply feel they imply that the reader needs to be enlightened, which is presumptive for a newcomer (but nothing more).

Perhaps i have an "atitude problem"! Laughing :wink:
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 08:15 pm
So, You assume that being a late comer in this forum... I should not share with you all the best part of what I like about my self...
0 Replies

nemesis

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 12:27 am
yeah tou should quit bragging about your awsome personality and wisdom because you look quite simple and annoying when you do that Twisted Evil
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 12:51 am
I didnt know that such stories would invoke such a patronizing response... Ok what do you find so annoying in all this... ?
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 01:07 am
Well ! Well !! Well !!! Here is another one...

Embrace all equally with JOY

There once was a sad little boy who was in search of happiness and so wanted to meet God. He knew it was a long trip to where God lived, so he packed his suitcase with cupcakes, several cans of coke and started on his journey.

When he had gone about three blocks, he saw an elderly woman sitting on a park bench watching the pigeons. The boy sat down next to her and opened his suitcase. He was about to take a drink, his coke when he noticed the lady looked hungry, so he offered her a cupcake. She gratefully accepted and smiled at him. Her smile was so chanting that he wanted to see it again, so he offered a coke cane as well. Once again she smiled at him. The boy was delighted!

They sat there all afternoon, eating and smiling without saying a word. As it began to grow dark, the boy got up to leave but before he had gone no more that a few steps, he turned around and ran back to the old woman, giving her a big, big hug. She gave her the biggest smile ever.

When the boy arrived home his mother was surprised by the look of joy on his face. She asked: "what has made you so HAPPY today?" He replied: "I had lunch with God." Before his mother could respond, he added: "You know what? She's got the most beautiful smile in the whole world!"

And when the woman went home, she told her son that she had lunch with God and he was much younger than believed.

Truly, people come into our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. Take no one for granted and embrace all equally with JOY... Very Happy we never know when we may meet God!
0 Replies