How do I apply for a job?

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 04:32 pm
I've given up relying on the internet, newspapers and other "lazy" way of looking for work.

I'll be walking the streets looking for work soon.
Can I just go to any company and ask if I can apply for a job and give my resume?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 989 • Replies: 13
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 04:36 pm
@Primotivo,
sure
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 04:39 pm
@Primotivo,
Could you possibly contact the manager from this one for a letter of reference?

Primotivo wrote:

Alright, so I work at my local taco bell as a shift manager, and I'm just having fun screwing around, fingering tacos filled with warm sour cream in the freezer, spitting in peoples food, so this out of towner bastard comes through drive-thru and he's a total azzhole, he was kinda old, probably a father to a 13 year old wanna be gangster, but anyways this man is a total bitch, worse than any old ladies I've gotten in a long time, so he orders some junk and I figure I'll play a little prank on this dildosucker.

So, I didn't put any meat or sauce in his taco, then I mixed some of my ass hair with stale cheese, and thats not even the best part, for his fries supreme all I put in it was some rotten tomatoes and maybe like I dunno 8 or 9 fries, I then proceeded to piss on them to make them wet, but I was disappointed because my piss was pretty clear and didn't smell like it usually does, probably because I've been drinking allot of water recently.

On a side note I later received a calle from some young girl telling me I was a bitch or some krap like that, at lest I think it was a girl, might have been a boy but his voice hasn't changed yet, anyways all of a sudden he starts playing that song from Rick Astley then he/she snickered and laughed and hung up, I'm guessing he/she was stoned or just effiing stupid, it is a nice song though.

Anyone else have a crazy work story you'd like to share?
ossobuco

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 04:45 pm
@roger,
good catch, Roger, buyer beware.

On the other hand, all this time, Primotivo has been a fairly solid provocateur.
Maybe you are a sincere guy under all that, Primotivo, or maybe you could benefit from some job counseling..
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 06:57 am
@Primotivo,
Yes - you walk in ask for an application - they give you one and you fill it out.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 02:20 pm
@roger,
Primotivo could use some waterboarding time.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 03:05 pm
@Primotivo,
Primotivo wrote:

I'll be walking the streets looking for work soon.

prostitutes dont need applications honey.

just lift your skirt and shut up
0 Replies

Primotivo

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 10:40 pm
Is it important to know what the company's business supposed to be? Or can I just walk in and fill out an application?
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 11:17 pm
@Primotivo,
Just walk in. It's probably better that you don't know what type of business your prospective employer might do. And does it really matter? Surely you can disseminate your ass hair regardless of the type of work you're doing.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 11:38 pm
Ya know, I like ol' Primotivo. Some things are just too good to pass up.
0 Replies

Primotivo

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 06:18 pm
Listen,

I've outgrown my stupid, careless ways after I got fired from Taco Bell. I believe I've grown physically, spirtually and mentally (well maybe not mentally..LOL) just kidding.

I just need some good guidance right now on how to land a good job and working hard for the new boss...

0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 06:23 pm
@Primotivo,
Quote:
Is it important to know what the company's business supposed to be?

If you even have to ask this question you're in trouble.
You might want to see about getting career/job counseling at a local community college or your state's employment services. Some have classes for the clueless on what to do at an interview and how to write a resume.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 06:27 pm
@Primotivo,
That's a good start. First impressions are very important when you go into any interview. Don't be a smartass, and answer questions directly, and keep it short. If they have a question, and you have some experience in that specific area, tell them what you did to solve the problem(s). If you don't have the answer to any question, tell the interviewer you don't know the answer, but will find out and get back to them. It's okay to take notes.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 11:31 am
@Primotivo,
I would think so - how do you know you want a job and what sort of job unless you know the business?
0 Replies