Senator's husband cashes in on crisis

Woiyo9

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 05:55 am
CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN!!!

On the day the new Congress convened this year, Sen. Dianne Feinstein introduced legislation to route $25 billion in taxpayer money to a government agency that had just awarded her husband's real estate firm a lucrative contract to sell foreclosed properties at compensation rates higher than the industry norms.

Mrs. Feinstein's intervention on behalf of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. was unusual: the California Democrat isn't a member of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs with jurisdiction over FDIC; and the agency is supposed to operate from money it raises from bank-paid insurance payments - not direct federal dollars.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/21/senate-husbands-firm-cashes-in-on-crisis/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 890 • Replies: 3
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 01:22 pm
It's ok Woiyo. Nothing unusual here. I mean, I thought you knew that only republicans are corrupt, money-grabbing thieves, not democrats. This is a total coincidence. That's all. Really.
Woiyo9

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 06:16 am
@CoastalRat,
I feel better now.

Amazing how this old bag of a Senator can say with a straight face, "Nothing going on here!"

0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2009 08:42 am
@CoastalRat,
I never said that or thought it, I have felt for a long time Reid has some pretty shady dealings and you noticed no one stood up for Dasheil (however you spell his name) when his unpaid taxes was discovered. If she is guilty of corruption, then like anyone on the republican side, it is a bad thing.
0 Replies