Is a "Power of Attorney to Transfer Motor Vehicle" a normal thing when buying a car?

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2009 03:05 pm
I'm in Texas. The dealer is in Alabama.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 13,833 • Replies: 3

View best answer, chosen by DrewDad
  Selected Answer
Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2009 04:34 pm
Looks like something the state of Texas requires.

www.dot.state.tx.us link to the form

According to this site:


This is the purpose of it:

TX Power of Attorney Form (motor vehicle)
The Texas standard power of attorney for motor vehicle is a legal document in which you give another person legal authority to act on your behalf to sell, transfer, and assign or purchase and apply for the title of a motor vehicle.

Looks like the state of Alabama has a similar form:

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2009 04:47 pm
Yeah, I called the Dept. of Transportation.

My bank needs it so that they can sign the title papers.
0 Replies
Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 08:15 pm
If you purchase a vehicle without a title, The Modified Notary C.O.D. Method (NCOD) is an administrative technique based on the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) that is very effective in affecting an involuntary motor vehicle title transfer.

The NCOD method provides an administrative, nonjudicial method that uses a notary public to create certified, court-admissible
evidence of your claim to title.

Individuals using Our ADMINISTRATIVE Services have had a 100% SUCCESS RATE using the NOTARY CERTIFICATE of DEFAULT
Method to affect a Default Judgment and their Right to Title.

The Notary Certificate of Default Method has a way of almost forcing a business or a private individual to either honor or dishonor you in
their interactions with you. This is done through a sequence of notarized correspondences between you and your opponent, which is akin to
receiving an administrative judgment against someone.

The person granting the administrative judgment is the notary who is supervising and monitoring and enforcing your interactions
with the third party that you are corresponding with. They provide legal proof that you sent the conditional acceptance to the third party
and proof that there was a response or no response.

Since we are notaries and notaries are officers of the court, then an officer of the court certifies with a notarized affidavit provided
to you that you sent the appropriate documentation to the claimant and that there was either a response, no response or a dishonor of your
offer or request.

The notary is identified in your correspondence as the proper person for the claimant to respond to. The notary then awaits the
response of the adversary and when they respond or refuse to respond, then a notarized affidavit from the notary is provided to
you indicating any default and grants an administrative law judgment that you take into a court of law to receive a summary
or default judgment to title / against them.
Edit (Moderator): URL removed
0 Replies

Related Topics

  1. Forums
  2. » Is a "Power of Attorney to Transfer Motor Vehicle" a normal thing when buying a car?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/20/2024 at 01:44:33