VP Biden

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 09:35 pm
Is anybody tracking him? I don't see his name that much anymore.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,488 • Replies: 15
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 10:46 pm
@edgarblythe,
I regret to say that I think of him as used for the election. I'm sort of sorry about this, though I see him as with both virtues and faults.
roger

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 10:53 pm
@ossobuco,
Agree, and I see Biden as one of the most decent, though unpredictable, people in politics.

We disagree (Biden and I) on lots of things, but I do like him.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 11:06 pm
@roger,
Me too. I suppose our line up of virtues and faults of his differ, Roger, but I'm glad enough to agree on the basic take of him.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 11:41 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

We disagree (Biden and I) on lots of things, but I do like him.

Ossobuco and I disagree on lots of things, but I like her, too.
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 11:42 pm
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/04/07/biden.interview/

Quote:
Biden rebukes Cheney, guarantees we're 'safer today'

Story Highlights
VP Biden speaks Tuesday with CNN's Wolf Blitzer and Gloria Borger

Biden says recent criticism from former vice president Cheney is "dead wrong"

He says Bush administration left the country in weakest shape since WW II

Biden calls for tougher response from Moscow and Beijing on N. Korea rocket launch

You can watch the full 24 minute interview here:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/04/07/biden.interview/#cnnSTCVideo

ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 11:51 pm
@roger,
smiles.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 11:52 pm
When the shootings happened in NY, VP Biden contacted the area leadership to offer support.

T
K
O
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 11:54 pm
@Butrflynet,
Tnx, butryflynet, I'll read that.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 12:03 am
Press releases on some of Biden's activities in the month of April. Details and press releases from other months can be found here:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing_room/PressReleases/

4/7/2009
Vice President Biden hosts conference calls with governors and local officials to discuss recovery act implementation 04-07-09
Earlier today, the Vice President hosted two conference calls with Governors and Mayors/County Executives from across the country to discuss Recovery Act implementation.

4/6/2009
Vice President Biden to Travel to Fort Bragg to Welcome Home the XVIII Airborne Corps from Iraq
Vice President Joe Biden and Dr. Jill Biden will travel to Fort Bragg, North Carolina on Wednesday, April 8th to welcome home the XVIII Airborne Corps back from Iraq. This is the XVIII Airborne Corps’ second deployment to Iraq since 2006. Vice President Biden will deliver remarks at the Welcome Home Ceremony.

4/5/2009
Vice President Biden to throw out first pitch at Camden Yards
On Monday April 6th, Vice President Biden will throw out the ceremonial first pitch at Orioles Opening Day at Camden Yards. The Vice President will be accompanied to the mound by eight boys and girls from the Baltimore Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities (RBI) League, a program founded by Major League Baseball that is funded locally by the Baltimore Orioles Charitable Foundation.

4/2/2009
Vice President Biden Hosts Conference Calls with Governors and Local Officials to Discuss Recovery Act Implementation
Earlier today, the Vice President hosted two conference calls with Governors and Mayors/County Executives from across the country to discuss Recovery Act implementation.

4/1/2009
Vice President Joe Biden and Agriculture Secretary Vilsack Announce Recovery Act Funding for Single Family Housing
Vice President Joe Biden and Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack today announced that the U.S. Department of Agriculture has begun disbursing the first wave of the $10 billion in guaranteed housing loans provided in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (Recovery Act) to help spur economic and home ownership opportunities in rural America.

4/1/2009
Vice President Biden and Secretary Vilsack Highlight Recovery Act's Help to Rural Health Clinics
Today, Vice President Biden and Department of Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack visited Faison, North Carolina to tour the Goshen Medical Center, which is a community health center receiving Recovery Act funds and serves Duplin, Eastern Sampson and Southern Wayne Counties.

ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 12:09 am
@Butrflynet,
I'll check your links in the morning, bfn..
I do see Biden as useful.
I cannot help but feeling him semi hemi demi dismissed - and will be delighted to be proven wrong.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 05:25 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Is anybody tracking him? I don't see his name that much anymore.

PrezBO put him in an iron-clad lock box where the people and press can't get to him.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 05:38 am
during the elections,radio god ronnie b, had the best line ever about biden

he looks like every guy, in every bar, who ever punched you in the face, because you look like the guy who punched his cousin
sozobe

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 06:47 am
@ossobuco,
Yeah, I thought when I saw this thread that it was going to be about that big interview yesterday -- heavily promoted on CNN.

Also a big article in the NYT recently about the influence he has in the Obama administration:

"Speaking Freely, Biden Finds Influential Role"

I liked this:

Quote:
“There’s, I think, an institutional barrier sometimes to truth-telling in front of the president,” Mr. Obama said. “Joe is very good about sometimes articulating what’s on other people’s minds, or things that they’ve said in private conversations that people have been less willing to say in public. Joe, in that sense, can help stir the pot.”
roger

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 12:04 pm
@sozobe,
I read the quote and the article. The phrase that comes to mind is "damning with faint praise".
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 12:43 pm
@djjd62,

Biden looks like the guy you see in every bar.. the one you want to punch out just because you can.
0 Replies