Blowing my zen

chai2

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 10:27 am
This is a pure rant post, if I don't get it off my chest, it's gonna stay with me all day.

My boss is one of the most rude, know-it-all, closed-minded, provencial, loud mouthed, sanctimoneous people I had ever had the displeasure of meeting.

Run on sentence alert........You know those people who march through an office/airport/down the hallway, totally oblivious to everyone else, talking on their blue tooth while at the same time checking their emails on their blackberry or iphone, directing comments/commands to someone they pass by as they continue to talk on the phone/check emails, while the other person on the phone is trying to get a word in edge wise, and when the person on the line asks what are they talking about when in the middle of their sentence the person says, "Did you make a decision on that yet?", only to get the response "I was talking to someone else"?

The person who, in the middle of a conversation with you, while you are talking, answers their phone and starts talking away like you're not in the room? The person who only absorbs about 10% of what anyone says to them, because they are so busy thinking about something else, doing literally 5 other things.....all while driving 80 mph on the highway?

The person who, regardless of what is going on in a room they enter, be it a conversation with someone, a meeting, a conference call, and just starts talking?

The person, who talks on their cell and their land line to two different people, at the same time, and because they can't fathom what the hold button is for, instead bellows your name loud enough to wake the dead, so you can walk in there and hear 90% of the time "never mind"?

Thank God she's not in the office more that half the time, and God dammit that she was in here this morning.

For the first few hours, before the arrival of her highness, there's been a meeting with about 5 people going on in the conference room, 4 or 5 of us not in the meeting have been working/communicating with each other. How could any of us know we were all doing it wrong?

In comes this freaking tornado, dragging the 15 pieces of electronic equipment she always has with her, responding to people "good morning" with "ok".....then realizing she's talking to her phone, and shuts herself in her office.

She emerges from her lair, walks into my office, where I'm discussing a candidate with a recruiter that shares our office space, to get something off the printer. With no prologue, she looks at me, puts her finger up to her lips and says "shhhhh! your voice carries and they can hear you in the conference room (behind a closed door). I'm sitting there open mouthed, in the middle of a word, having just been talked to like a 5 year old, and not the 50 year old I am. She then walks out of my office, closing my door saying "you have to be considerate of our guests."

For a moment, the recruiter and I just stared at each other....there was no way to pick our conversation back up, and we both knew it. She made a move to leave, and I said "would you please leave that door open?"

A minute later, someone walks out of the conference room and walks in my office. I ask "Can you hear me talking in there?"

She looks puzzed and says "No...not at all"

I had to walk in the bosses office a few minutes later, and say to her "you know, I asked XYZ if they could hear me, and she said no...."

Boss "you missed a point here in this email. they aready sent in the paperwork"

Me "no I didn't miss that point, that's not what my response to the group was about.....and they couldn't hear me talking, and even if they did, it wouldn't have been disturbing"

Boss "see here, they're saying right here the credentialing is in process"

Me "I need you to listen to me....what you did before humiliated me in front of someone, and wasn't even valid. I wasn't disturbing anyone, and I felt very insulted"

Boss "ok I won't ever do it again" (while picking up the phone)

Me "No...wait a minute....I need to say this....I'm a 50 year old woman and don't need to be told to keep my voice down....you walked into my office and just interrupted the conversation, which is something you do all the time. It doesn't matter what's going on, you walk in a room and what others are doing or saying just has to come to a dead stop."

Now I'm pissed. Something I do when I'm pissed is cry. She knows I only cry when I'm pissed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 591 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 10:39 am
@chai2,
Bravo - for telling her what she needs to be told!

What a B----!
mismi

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 10:57 am
@Linkat,
You need to get a little sand box with a rake Chai...then you can find your zen again.

So sorry you had a hard morning.
chai2

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 12:20 pm
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

You need to get a little sand box with a rake Chai...then you can find your zen again.

heh, at my house if you have a sand box and a rake, all you find is cat ****. Surprised

thanks mismi, actually, I just started taking yoga classes last night, and had a cool zen buzz going on.

linkat...bitch?

I don't think she's a bitch so much as just plain ignorant. Honestly? If I really had to think about it, I feel sorry for her life. There's no softness, slowness, just letting something "be" in her lifestyle.

Oh I know I come across as crabby here, and I do have a, I wouldn't so much call it loud as bold voice (I don't shout)...along with a heavy footfall Smile ... but honestly, I really a pretty happy go lucky person. Day to day things like traffic, waiting in line, finding they ran out of what you want at a restaurant, gas prices....just don't bother me, mostly they don't even register.

She goes on jags of different **** in cycles....lately it's been "come in here and read this email"....I'll read it, the whole thread, and say "ok...what?"

"I can't believe they responded like that !"

"like what? they answered the question"

"no....look here, look what they said"

"well, I wouldn't let that bother me....(not even knowing what was bothersome"

Ok, I wasting my positive energy now....I feel better, thanks for listening linkat and mismi...
JTT

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 10:10 pm
@chai2,
Just break into Olivia Neutron Bomb,

Have you never been mellow?
Have you never tried to find a comfort from inside you?
Have you never been happy just to hear your song?
Have you never let someone else be strong?

0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 10:18 pm
@chai2,
Ah, life in the fast lane, as my former MIL would say. I wish I had your email - wait! we have pm's again. I'm going to pm you.
0 Replies