Who'll be Remembered?

Booman

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 12:36 am
I'm surprised Witherspoon, hasn't been mentioned before..... I have a feeling Hoffman is destined to be one of those legendary supporting actors, but deservedly highly respected.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 04:30 am
Yes, I didn't mean necessarily a leading man, but he's very good in his roles.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 10:04 am
Yes, "Two of Us" was the story of a gay man living with his understanding father. It's a very good film and very pro-gay which would lead one to believe Crowe's crusty reputation may be due to his sensitivity which shows up in his acting. I agree that "The Insider" revealed an actor who knows how to get into the depth of his character. PSH's starring role in "Love Lisa" has received good reviews, so you might be right about his eventual stardom. He stole the show in "Flawless" as the drag queen giving Robert DeNiro singing lessons.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 02:46 pm
Stealing the show opposite De Niro, is no mean feat.
0 Replies

Lorna

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 12:49 pm
All the one' I was going to mention just now, have already gotten mentions...PSH, Sean Penn, etc...and for the same roles...I really must keep up... Smile Was also thinking Renee Zellwegger...haven't noticed if he's already been mentioned but, even though he's exellent now, it will be interesting to see Haley Joel Osment as an older actor if he's still in the business in a few years.

Lorna
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 02:29 pm
Lorna,
...I remember a few years back, wheb McCauley Caulkin was the hot child star of the moment. I was intrigued by a little known kid by the name of Elijah Wood. And when I saw them together in "The Good Son" , that confirmed it for me. I said "forget Caulkin, this kid Wood is the real deal. So if my two cents worth means anything, I see more potential in Osmont, than I saw in Wood, are perhaps any child star, I've ever gave a lot of thought to.<(loophole Rolling Eyes )
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 02:57 pm
Catherine Zeta-Jones - our Audrey Hepburn - classy dame!

George Clooney - already akin to Cary Grant

Sean Hayes (perfect as Jerry Lewis) - I hope his career takes off with him going into movies

Sandra Bullock - definitely in my book one of the best visually comedic actresses around today - not in the league of Lucille Ball but that's her niche
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 03:01 pm
Plus, I am sure Nicole Kidman and Julia Roberts will run that race neck and neck.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 03:07 pm
Heeven,
...You reminded me. I think Jenna Elfman is the greatest combination of beauty and laugh out loud funny since Lucy.
...Hugh Grant, reminds me more of Cary, George is charming, but he is not as funny as either Grant.
...BTW, Jerry thinks highly of Sean's performance, and somehow I don't believe he'd bite his tongue, if he didn't.
0 Replies

Hazlitt

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 10:26 pm
I'd like to suggest Julianne Moore.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 11:25 pm
Eathan Hawke
0 Replies

Lorna

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 03:11 pm
Booman wrote:

I see more potential in Osmont, than I saw in Wood, are perhaps any child star

Booman, I agree!

Never understood the big deal about Zeta-Jones, really. I know she was plucked from the telly to the big screen but other than that...

And Joanne, have you read Hawke's book?

Lorna
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 08:56 pm
The big deal on Ms. Jones? she's just...so...DAMN...beautiful!!!...And then I find out she can sing and dance...ahhh, I'm in love.... No, no, Very Happy I was only serious. Embarrassed
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 12:33 am
Tom Hanks has already been mentioned, but his persona in films reminds me of James Stewart.

Also, I believe that Leonardo DiCaprio, Hanks' co-star in Catch Me if You Can, will have a long and memorable career for moviegoers of his generation.

I am sure DiCaprio's best work probably will come after I have departed the planet.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 02:18 pm
Well WH,...You sorta', kinda', gave leonardo a rousing endorsment. Razz However, I believe I see your point. Right now he is a charming guy who hasn't really shown the chops, of say a Jude Law, or a Giancarlo Ribisi, among others, but he has potential, charisma, and a damn good agent.
0 Replies

Lorna

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 02:48 pm
Haven't seen Catch me if you can--yet. Have yet to see LD in anything where his performace is rometely believable...cept maybe Marvin's Room...and I knew Giovanni Ribisi was going places from his spots on Friends...

Lorna
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 03:47 pm
Lorna,
...check out "Boiler Room". Not only does GR, show his stuff, but Vin Diesal show's he doesn't need to do action fliks, to have a presence.
...Sometimes , I forget Ben Afleck was in the movie!
0 Replies

Lorna

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 03:58 pm
*puts Boiler Room on her 'Movies to be watched' list*

Lorna Smile
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 04:32 pm
I like to go out on a limb in this thread. Watch out for...Bobby Cannavale!
...He keeps poping up in supporting roles, inTV programs like Ally McBeal, Kingpin, and One Centre Street. On the last two episodes of Oz, he played against his usual type, very well. He is suave, charismatic, and if scene-stealing were a crime, he'd be doin' time. And oh yea...he's got chops. Remember, you heard it here first. Cool
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 06:25 pm
"Boiler Room" was an interesting movie for both GR, VD and Nia Long who played the office receptionist.
Has anyone mentioned Jim Carrey? I've watched "The Majestic" and was astounded at how perfectly he delivered that particular type of character, as he has in every movie he's done more or less, covering so many different genres. The boy is amazingly versatile, there's no doubt about it.
0 Replies