Who'll be Remembered?

mikey

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 11:25 am
Hepburn, Davis, Streep, Gibson, Eastwood, Bogart
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 11:57 am
Mikey,
...Hepburn,Davis, and Bogart? You're really going out on on a limb there aren't you? Rolling Eyes ........And I thought I was cheating when I said Halle Berry.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 11:58 am
i'm always out on a limb...
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 12:03 pm
i think i misread the question, duh..can i have another chance?
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 12:07 pm
Go for it Mikey....What youngsters do you think are future legends?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 02:41 pm
This is suppose to be stars of today who will become legends. Doesn't anyone read the first topic entry?

Mad Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 04:15 pm
Awww GW, you had to go and rap the poor guy's knuckles. Shocked He was already contrite....This is an aberration Mikey, he's usually a sweetheart. Very Happy
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 06:45 pm
Sheepishly trying to crawl back out from the tip of the limb as usual...

Gibson
Streep
DeNiro
Eastwood
Roberts

Am I getting closer?
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 10:11 pm
I for one see a lot of potential in these kids.
0 Replies

larry richette

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 07:18 pm
Jack Nicholson

Al Pacino

Clint Eastwood

Jessica Lange

Michelle Pfeiffer

Susan Sarandon

Denzel Washington....because all of them are larger than life. Cruise and hanks are SMALLER than life.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 07:39 pm
Sean Penn Mad
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 08:48 pm
Good call,Larry, he's got to be a future legend.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 08:53 pm
Yo larrybs!
,,,You just made enthusiast.... Break out the champgne! Drunk
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2003 08:57 pm
I already did occifer, but it duzzint infect mee at al...,,,/
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 06:27 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 07:19 pm
Although Lorna hasn't checked into this thread lately, I don't think selecting actors that have already established careers and will be remembered as legendary is quite what she meant. Jack Nicholson is a given as well as Al Pacino and several others. I'd like to enter a vote for Reese Witherspoon and one for John C. Reilly (the William Bendex of our era).
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 07:48 pm
As I said elsewhere on a2k, somewhere, Reilly and Phillip Seymour Hoffman are the best - I think I prefer Hoffman slightly - he's done such diverse and risky roles. I admire that. I also like the guy in Memento (IMDb pause) Guy Pearce. He was great in that, and more than held his own with Macho Boy Russell in L.A. Confidential - who could be a legend one day himself. By the way, if you've seen Crowe in Gladiator, Beautiful Mind, etc. but haven't seen The Insider, rush out and get it - that was his performance of the decade, not the others.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 08:02 pm
Russell Crowe showed his potential early in the Aussie film "The Two of Us" where he played a gay man with more sensitivity than any actor I can think of. Guy Pearce has potential, Hoffman may be getting over exposed -- he, of course, will need some leading parts which I don't see him getting many. His concerned and humanistic male nurse in "Magnolia" was intense and that was a film with several great performances as it was an actor's movie (the story and concept was not as outstanding as the dialogue).
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 08:09 pm
Was the other of the two in "Two of Us" the character's father? I think I saw that years ago.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 08:26 pm
PSH is supposed to be good in his first leading role in this recent movie with Kathy Bates. He was perfect in the queazy Happiness and impressive in Flawless, Talented Mr. Ripley, Boogie Nights, Almost Famous, and State and Main. Haven't seen 25th Hour or Punch Drunk Love yet. Pretty good resume.
0 Replies