Who'll be Remembered?

Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 04:30 pm
Phoenix. Wow. That's a great picture. I can't post pictures on this computer. Crying or Very sad Setanta probably means the bathing suit picture from Suddenly Last Summer. Elizabeth Taylor was a great beauty. So she gained some weight in later years. Who doesn't?

Jespah: How could you not have liked Errol Flynn in Captain Blood, Sea Hawk and Adventures of Robin Hood? sigh

Merle Streep, Dustin Hoffman and Jack Nicholson are my choices for this thread, although I'm not sure they are in the right time frame. No comments about the time frame I'm in, please. Razz
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 04:32 pm
Setanta- Someone sent me that picture with a caption "The new Addams Family" Laughing

Raggedyaggie- Why can't you post pictures?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 04:50 pm
Thanks, RA, i'd forgotten the name of that one

http://www.filmsite.org/posters/suddl.gif
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 04:51 pm
Phoenix: Well, first of all, this computer is about 7 years old and is very slow and I'm scared to death if I try anything new, it's going to crash.

And, secondly, I don't know how. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 04:54 pm
Setanta, that's the one, but who the heck is that guy standing in front of her. I never saw him before in any of the pictures. Laughing
0 Replies

Lorna

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 05:04 pm
lol..interesting responses... Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 05:08 pm
[ominous music]
". . . Suddenly last summer, Cathy knew she was being used . . . for something evil . . . [/ominous music]
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 05:16 pm
Setanta mentioned this thread to me - my immediate thought was that no one over the age of about 25 should be allowed to answer. Most of the people mentioned this thread are already unknown by younger people. Most of the younger people I know - say, about 30 and under, don't know that Elizabeth Taylor was ever an actress.

If the general population doesn't know these actors and actresses (another one that seems to already have fallen by the wayside is Meryl Streep) today, how can we suggest they will be remembered in the future.

They may be remembered by a small group of film freaks'n'geeks (like us), but I don't really think that counts.

(I also think Elizabeth Taylor was beautiful, and would love to be as curvy as she was in that white slip photo).
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 05:29 pm
The guy in the foreground in the poster never appears in the film. It's Sebastian and you can barely make out the fishing line he's got attached to Liz.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 05:47 pm
Katie Hepburn was also wonderful in "Suddenly Last Summer".
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 07:02 pm
Robert DeNiro and Bette Davis
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 07:26 pm
I have to add , Marlene Dietrich to the list.

http://www.marlene.com/
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 07:50 pm
DeNiro, Pacino, Willis, Gibson, Neeson, Streep, Bullock, Ryan
off the top o my head
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 08:11 pm
I thought you were looking for speculation on young stars who will become legends. With this in mind I will boldly go forth remember you heard it here first.......Edward Norton......Halle Berry.......Giovonni Ribisi......Glyneth Paltrow......Vin Diesel
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 08:33 pm
Nicolas Cage
0 Replies

Lorna

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 02:06 pm
Booman wrote:
I thought you were looking for speculation on young stars who will become legends.

I am... Smile

Lorna

(Someone under 30 who knows Elizabeth Taylor was/is an actress Smile )
0 Replies

Lorna

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 10:45 am
Booman wrote:
I thought you were looking for speculation on young stars who will become legends. With this in mind I will boldly go forth remember you heard it here first.......Edward Norton......Halle Berry.......Giovonni Ribisi......Glyneth Paltrow......Vin Diesel

Agree with all, cept maybe Vin Diesel...saw xxx last week and fail to see what all the fuss is about him, lol

Another one:

Robin Williams, for eveything post-Mork?
Smile
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 11:11 am
Lorna,
...I first had this feeeling in the movie, "Boiler Room". It was not an action flik. he has a way of standing out in any kind of scene. I believe he will be a double threat. I haven't really seen his range yet but I've gott a strong hunch, he may have chops.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 11:15 am
Oh yeah...I think Robin is a given, as is Bruce Willis sinceI mentioned double threats.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 11:25 am
It's also fun to be a legend in ones own mind.

Quote:
0 Replies