I'm starting to like Bristol Palin

eoe

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 08:14 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Either way, I bet he doesn't have even a remote shot at getting custody.

Is he trying to get custody??? I highly doubt that.
ebrown p

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 08:15 am
@eoe,
I ask you again... as a thought exercise, to reverse the genders in this story.

If Bristol were McCain's son who had conceived a child with some "bad-ass" girl and then (allegedly) dumped her, I suspect this thread would have a very different tone.

I certainly don't think any of you would have started to "like him" (he being Bristol).
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 08:16 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

I'm starting to like Bristol Palin

What's not to like?
She is her mothers daughter Smile
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 08:17 am
@eoe,
Quote:

Is he trying to get custody??? I highly doubt that.

My point exactly.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 08:18 am
@ebrown p,
I think people tend to sympathize with whoever takes care of the baby in these situations. In your scenario, if McCain's son was caring for the baby because the "bad-ass" girlfriend didn't want anything to do with it, I absolutely do think people would "start to like" him.
ebrown p

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 08:19 am
@FreeDuck,
Quote:
I think people tend to sympathize with whoever takes care of the baby in these situations. In your scenario, if McCain's son was caring for the baby because the "bad-ass" girlfriend didn't want anything to do with it, I absolutely do think people would "start to like" him.

Do you have an example of this?
eoe

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 08:21 am
If Bristol were a guy, he'd be a hero and people would LOVE him. Rolling Eyes
FreeDuck

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 08:23 am
@ebrown p,
A famous example? I don't know, how about Britney Spears? I certainly know of friends and family where the mom was a deadbeat and the dad picked up the slack. Folks weren't liking her. In fact, I think there is even more harsh treatment in those cases because women are supposed to be the natural nurturers, making it even more appalling when they don't take care of their children.
ebrown p

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 08:25 am
@eoe,
Quote:
If Bristol were a guy, he'd be a hero and people would LOVE him.

Go ahead, I dare you. Give me one example of a man who was praised for (allegedly) leaving the mother of his two month old child.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 08:29 am
@ebrown p,
Has she been widely praised, or do you just have a beef with Green Witch that you've extended to all "feminists"?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 08:31 am
@ebrown p,
Oh excuse me. I misunderstood your challenge. No one is praised for leaving their child. period. What I'm saying is, if Bristol were a guy, with custody of a little baby, he would be propped on a pedestal and people would love him. Get it?
ebrown p

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 08:38 am
@FreeDuck,
That doesn't count, FreeDuck. This guy is nothing like Britney.

By all accounts I have seen, he acting responsibly. He is visiting the kid and promising to help raise him.
ebrown p

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 08:39 am
@eoe,
Quote:
Oh excuse me. I misunderstood your challenge. No one is praised for leaving their child. period. What I'm saying is, if Bristol were a guy, with custody of a little baby, he would be propped on a pedestal and people would love him. Get it?

Fine... give me an example of that then.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 08:41 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

That doesn't count, FreeDuck. This guy is nothing like Britney.

That doesn't count? You asked me for an example of what I was talking about. I gave you one.
Advocate

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 08:48 am
@dlowan,
Hey, don't hold back. You need to tell Brownie the truth.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 08:48 am
@FreeDuck,
I don't think it is a fair comparison... but fine. Let's run with it.

Where is the thread where anyone sympathizes with (or praises) with the father. I searched, in vain, for threads entitled "I am starting to like Kevin Federline".

Maybe you can point me to one.
Advocate

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 08:52 am
For what it is worth (very little), I find Bristol quite attractive. I wager she will soon find a nice replacement for the trailer trash who dumped her. In the meantime, I think her Mom is a genuine POS.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 08:54 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

I don't think it is a fair comparison... but fine. Let's run with it.

It's not a comparison, it's an example of what I was talking about here. That's what you asked for.

Quote:
Where is the thread where anyone sympathizes with (or praises) with the father. I searched, in vain, for threads entitled "I am starting to like Kevin Federline".

Right, because if there's no thread about it on A2K, it doesn't exist.
ebrown p

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 09:02 am
@FreeDuck,
Fine... FreeDuck. I am bending over backwards and giving you everything you ask for-- just so I can get one example...

Please give me a reference anywhere on the internet where this kind of sympathy or praise is offered to Kevin Federline. Can you come up with a single example anywhere?
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 09:02 am
@dlowan,
I had no idea.... I'm outraged....
0 Replies