I'm starting to like Bristol Palin

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 05:50 pm
The shot gun wedding is off. New Mommy, Bristol Palin, has dumped her dud Baby Daddy. I consider this the second smart thing she has done. The first was admitting that it is not realistic to expect hormone saturated teens to keep their hands off of each other. Coming from a family that is obviously birth control challenged, I think this is a great statement. I only hope she becomes the poster child for responsible, safe teen sex. I wish I had her address so I could invite her to a local chapter of N.O.W.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29642846/

Go ahead if anyone wants to discuss this. I've had my say.

(Any truth to the rumor she was named after the company Bristol-Myer's Squibb?)

spendius

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 06:17 pm
@Green Witch,
She's just another set of loins.
kickycan

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 09:13 pm
She's definitely got a nice rack, I'll give you that much.
dyslexia

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 09:25 pm
@kickycan,
kickycan wrote:

She's definitely got a nice rack, I'll give you that much.
and stretch marks as well.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 09:37 pm
Please stop this feminist man-hating crap.

There are no reports that she left him... just as likely he dumped her. The only difference, of course, is that when a man leaves a new mom, it isn't celebrated. After all, the "shotgun" being wielded in this "shotgun wedding" didn't come from the father's side.

I felt bad for this guy in the first place. She had her night of fun... and now he has to pay for it.

eoe

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 10:11 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

There are no reports that she left him... just as likely he dumped her.

Ain't that the truth...
ebrown p

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 10:25 pm
@eoe,
Either way, I bet he doesn't have even a remote shot at getting custody.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 10:25 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

She's just another set of loins.

How many loins are there in a set ?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 10:50 pm
@ebrown p,
Quote:

Either way, I bet he doesn't have even a remote shot at getting custody.

Is there anything in this kids background that makes you think that he would want custody? He is a loser who never finishes anything well.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 11:04 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:
She had her night of fun... and now he has to pay for it.

I'd say there's plenty of responsibility to go around. She had her night of fun, and so did he. She's a single mom, and he has to pay for the night of fun?

Get real, ebrown, you're starting to sound like Hawkeye.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 01:18 am
@ebrown p,
He, of course, was not there, you crapulous piece of retarded ****.

He was kidnapped by rabid feminists, forced to **** the woman, despite his moral abhorrence, and made to pay by the United Nations.

Another martyr for the **** 'em and forget' em..they're just rags... lobby.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 01:43 am
@dlowan,
there are more than a few girls/women who want a baby to get back at mommy or to make them happy, and who go looking for a baby daddy. The guy is disposable, it is the baby with the monthly check to help support it that is desired.

We don't know enough about Bristol to know what she was after, but we can't reject out of hand the possibility that her mom's surprising political life last summer temporarily messed up her plan, and that it is now back on track.
dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 02:03 am
@hawkeye10,
Prove it.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 04:40 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
He, of course, was not there, you crapulous piece of retarded ****.

My beef is the hypocritical double standard between how men and women are judged-- particularly when it comes to issues of parenting. This "feminist" thinking is not about equality. It is another example of the "man bad/ woman good" bullshit.

If all the details of this story were the same... except that Bristol were a male who conceived a child, this thread would be quite different.

So, my dear Rabbit, who "fucked" whom... and who is "forgetting"?

And DrewDad... it is about judging men and women equally (particularly when you have the detailed accurate information that you get from salacious news snippets about the children of famous people). Also, maybe Hawkeye is beginning to sound like me.

<<on a side note... shouldn't people just leave these poor kids, famous through no fault of their own, alone to deal with a very personal situation in private?>>
DrewDad

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 07:36 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:
It is another example of the "man bad/ woman good" bullshit.

I think that's your issue, here. What a towering strawman you have constructed.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 07:49 am
let's face it, after the election, it was a pretty good chance he was gone, and given his family background the palin camp would want him out of the picture for the next run, better the portrayal of a strong independent single mom, then a son in law with a dubious family

the real question is, what's the pay off, does he gets to skate free with no obligations if he keeps his mouth shut during the next campaign, that's my guess
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 07:56 am
Quote:
She's a single mom, and he has to pay for the night of fun

Look DrewDad, there are two people involved here. Two people made the decisions that led to this pregnancy. Presumably two people had fun (assuming you accept the idea that women enjoy it). Why shouldn't we give them equal responsibility?

Why is the fact that "She is a single mom" mean anything? After all, he is a single dad. They are both single parents (assuming they don't agree to get married after all).

I am not even sure that getting married wouldn't be a good thing... after all, if they could make it work it could be the best thing for the kid. Of course, this is none of my business... so I will neither celebrate or gnash my teeth either way.

I don't have an opinion on what these poor kids... who are forced to endure public discussions about there private very personal decisions... should do.

I am just commenting on the sexist attitudes-- where "single mom" means more than "single dad"-- that are propagated in discussions such as this.
FreeDuck

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 07:58 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

This "feminist" thinking is not about equality. It is another example of the "man bad/ woman good" bullshit.

What does any of this have to do with feminism?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 08:08 am
Remember, this kid had a facebook page (or was it myspace?) for the whole world to see and he clearly stated on his page that he was a super-duper bad-ass and did NOT want to have any children. Things change, people change, that's for sure, but you knew from the getgo that his trot-out during Ms. Palin's VP run last year was involuntary.

Although he and his family probably got a real chuckle behind the fact that his mom was running a meth lab out of her home.

It's clear to me that Bristol-as-spokesperson is a part of Moms' 2012 campaign. She pimped her kids last year and she will obviously continue to do so.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 08:12 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:
I am just commenting on the sexist attitudes-- where "single mom" means more than "single dad"-- that are propagated in discussions such as this.

Kinda depends on who has custody. A single dad with custody is in the same boat as a single mom with custody. But an absentee or weekend parent just doesn't have the same difficulties.