Carlotta Edwards Ballet art. Famous or Not????

judecalverttoulmin

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 08:44 am
@Lorenzo Uy,
Jude CT - Hi Lorenzo Uy, did you buy this painting at auction in December 09? I saw it listed on an auction site and I absolutely love it. If you ever want to sell it please offer it to me first, I'm not a collector, I'm actually a writer, but I just love this painting. judecalverttoulmin (the at sign) gmail.com
0 Replies

Harlequinn

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 12:17 am
@Green Witch,
I've recently received a copy of this print and was wondering if it has a name and date. I realize it's not worth much because, as you have already stated, Carlotta Edwards was a commercial artist but I rather quite like the composition.
Harlequinn
Green Witch

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 06:29 am
@Harlequinn,
It's a scene from Swan Lake with Margot Fonteyn as the prima ballerina. I assume the painting is named something like 'Swan Lake". You can probably find the date just by Googling when Ms. Fonteyn was at the height of her career (1940's, 50's?) or search Carlotta Edwards and Swan Lake.
0 Replies

Levellomb

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2012 02:01 pm
@Green Witch,
We have an oil painting on board which is signed. On the back it is written Vienna waltse . I have not seen any images on the web of this painting. Any idea on the age or other details would be appreciated. Thank you.
0 Replies

iainhasaface

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2012 01:13 pm
Hi all.

Does anyone know of who owns the Carlotta Edwards estate? Am looking to gain some permission to use one of her paintings in a project I'm working on.

Cheers!
0 Replies

jimmy b

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 08:55 am
does anyone know if her original paintings are worth anything?
0 Replies

Kimtafolla

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 07:48 pm
I have a Carlotta Edwards Picture, it is on a piece of wood. I never seen anything like this, I can't tell if it's painted or if it's a print. How can I tell the difference? Can anyone help?
Lovepainting

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2015 04:51 am
@Kimtafolla,
I think it's a print. I guess I have seen that also in my uncle's house.
0 Replies

Warner192

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 11:13 am
My mother has a Carlotta Edwards print - Swan Lake
It label on the back states - Swan Lake after the original Oil painting by CARLOTTA EDWARDS. Framed by HAIGH & SONS ltd Southall. Middy
There is also another label Trade mark Made in England Normill serial no 1722

Is this a come print? Please
0 Replies

swhitledge44

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2015 09:11 am
@Green Witch,
I have 2 oil paintings of Edwards Ballerinas, signed and dated 1959 are these of value and if so what would an estimate of worth.
Thanks
S Whitledge
0 Replies