Why Do They Put More Than 1 Serving in Anything?

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 10:32 am
My new eating habits are going well. I've already dropped 2 lbs effortlessly. But I have to ask...why do they put 2 or more servings in anything?

My soup, for instance. It advertises 60 cals! But that's for half the can. Why not make the can smaller or call it what it is?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,639 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 10:51 am
@Bella Dea,
It's probably a marketing ploy. Maybe it's meant to feed two people?

Take, for example, Campbell's Chunky soups. It's available in a quite large size. I haven't seen them available in smaller sizes.

Or, the other thing, is that it's being marketed to people who want a bigger meal?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 01:56 pm
It's so that that 60 calorie claim can be made in the first place. It's a far nicer marketing ploy than saying 120 or however many calories are really in there. There are single serving and smaller serving sizes of things, and those tend to be way more expensive per serving. And, people will pay it. E. g. 100-calorie packs. They are a very clever way for a company to provide less yet charge more.
0 Replies