so what's for breakfast today?

JLNobody

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 05:40 pm
@hamburger,
The way you guys eat breakfast I think you'll be around for a long time.
Today in a restaurant I had a side dish of sauteed spinacy and a toasted english muffin with light cream cheese*--and, of course, black coffee. I drink my green tea at night.

* Oh, and I stole a bite of delishously salted fried egg white from my friend.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 07:51 pm
Most of the time these days, I have Ezekial cold cereal, with varying nuts and raw honey on top. Sometimes berries. Always fresh ground flax seeds. Organic 2% milk. Plus enough supplements to fill a second bowl, it seems.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 08:49 pm
I had a shredded been and bean burrito, 3 donuts, 2 cups Assam tea and a Reeses peanut butter cup.
JLNobody

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 09:42 pm
@dyslexia,
Hi, Dys. I love bean burros for breakfast , covered in a red sauce I buy at a mexican carniceria. But I never eat donuts.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2009 08:02 am
@JLNobody,
I'm starting my Easter breakfast with an enormous beer stein full of English Breakfast tea.

On the stove, I've started a frittata of sorts. A bit of bacon to get things going, about a quarter pound of cremini mushrooms, some nice chunky salsa, a few stalks of asparagus, a handful of leftover roast taters, about a tablespoon of shredded provolone. Once that's all cooked down, I'll add well-beaten eggs and let all cook under a lid.
0 Replies

Miklos7

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2009 08:15 am
Happy Easter! Outside our sliding glass doors, the birds are celebrating the sun with Meaties and suet. On our side, fried prosciutto, eggs over light, local whole-grain bread with raw honey, figs. We are all beak-deep! Lunch today at the North Blue Hill Grange; the ham will be great, but the homemade pies will be the stuff of dreams!
ehBeth

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2009 08:36 am
@Miklos7,
Happy Easter Miklos! that sounds like a marvellous breakfast. I'm not sure I could have lunch after such a wonderful meal.

0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2009 10:47 am
@Miklos7,
Hi, Miklos. Good to hear from you. I've meant to ask you about the picture you showed of the birds flying about a feeder on a very snowy day--outside your sliding glass doors, I presume. Why have they not flown south for the winter?
Oh, and bon apetit.

ehBeth

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 08:15 am
@JLNobody,
French toast and Lady Grey tea

nice after a quick run to the Shoppers to pick up some specials
ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 09:57 am
@ehBeth,
A quesadilla - cheddar cheese, a couple of chopped olives, a little bit of mild ital sausage, a sprinkle of carmelized onion. I'm trying to work down my store of mediocre tortillas. (I like the sonora type thin tortillas that I am used to from california, not these fat chewy texan things. Only one store has the sonoran type once in a while. Pah!)
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 10:27 am
I took a chance. I mixed some grape-seed oil mayonaise with basil pesto (alla genovese) and applied that to some canned sardines (which were in water). It was delicious, but I'm beginning to feel a slight tug in the gut. I hope the jar of pesto was not too old. Let you know later.
But it WAS worth it.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 11:24 am
@JLNobody,
Mad pesto fan here. I suppose it can go bad, but it's never happened to me.. yet.
Mostly I make my own though, with lots of variations - although that would seem to be more iffy that storebought... and I either freeze it or, once used, keep it in the fridge.
JLNobody

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 03:13 pm
@ossobuco,
Yes, I love it too. I'm alright now--after a few bouts. Just ate some pizza, salad and a glass of wine. So I must be alright.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 03:18 pm
supper, or more specifically breakfast for supper

mushroom and red onion omelet
homefries with yellow and sweet potatoes, mushrooms, red onion
maple sausages

ehBeth

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 05:10 pm
@djjd62,
ooh that sounds good
love those maple sausages
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 05:12 pm
@djjd62,
ooooh, ahhhh. sounds good.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 05:24 pm
it was, my uncle brought fresh eggs from his chickens the other day, they are so much better than any store bought egg
JLNobody

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 08:51 pm
@djjd62,
Oh yes, to live for.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 04:55 am
Coffee.

Then, yoghurt, bran and walnuts.

No fruit in the house. Must shop.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 06:05 am
pretty common for me, I had a beef and bean burrito smothered with salsa verde, 2 cinnamon doughnuts and a cuppa assam tea. Prolly have bacon and eggies for lunch.