An epiphany, and an apology

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 06:32 pm
Frankly, I always have considered MM very gentlemanly, though I have not read the threads for which he has apologised. I rarely have agreed with him about anything he has ever written here, but I think he is an okay person. He reminds me very much of a cousin of mine.
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 06:43 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Kuvy with his self-absorbed A2K mind-set??

Kuvasz wrote"

Give $20 to the ACLU.

Judge Bork wrote:

"The pure form of intellectual class leftishnes, TO THE POINT OF BEING A PARODY OF MODERN LIBERALISM, exists in institutionalized form in the ACLU."

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 06:47 pm
I have not often agreed with MM, and i have not contributed to this thread so far, because i recall nothing he has ever written here that took any skin off my nose, and if he has ever personally insulted me, i remain ignorant of it.

However, i have been reading along, and i went to the thread MM indicated, and read the disgusting and scurrilous remarks made by the member Henry Green. They made me sick. I served in the United States Army during another and earlier unpopular war. There were those on the right who railed against us for "losing" that war. There were those on the left who railed at us for being "baby killers." By and large, though, i was decently treated by my fellow citizens, who mostly seemed embarrassed by and unwilling to discuss that war.

Henry Green in the posts i read for the thread MM indicated is an example of the worst of the "baby killer" crowd. One of the reasons that i have not responded to this thread previously is because it has been my experience that people who condemn this war do not condemn the GIs who have gone to Iraq, just the creeps who sent them there. But MM's comments are fully justified in regard to the posts made by that scumbag Henry Green.

Having returned from my own personal "dirty little war," i was called a coward and a loser by rightwingnuts, and a baby killer by leftwingnuts. So i know how he feels. I am sorry he had to read that. This is not in the sense of an apology, because i'm not responsible for that vitriol. But i am sorry that he had to see tripe like that.

As for his demeanor, on a slow day i can heap piles of coals on the devoted pates of those whom i despise which exceed by orders of magnitude anything i've ever seen MM post. As far as i, personally, am concerned, he has nothing to apologize for.
genoves

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 07:05 pm
Setanta wrote:

They made me sick. I served in the United States Army during another and earlier unpopular war.
end of quote

YOu didn't serve in MY ARMY while spewing your leftist ****. We would have banged you up real good. You seem the type who would have fled to C anada rather than serve. What happened?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 07:14 pm
@Setanta,
Johnboy nods quietly to Setanta. Been there, done that.
genoves

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 12:20 am
@realjohnboy,
So have I -Johnboy. and in far more difficult circumstances than the fake Setanta. Why do I know that he is a fake? Because if he was a real soldier, he would not bum rap his country and would not be a leftist who wishes to subvert our country.

Most of the guys I served with would tear off his head if he said anything against the USA. That's who we fought for. I am sure that Setanta never fired a bullet against an enemy of the USA in his life.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 08:48 am
@genoves,
Genoves, I have a suggestion for you. Shut your trap until you know what you are talking about and not just spouting hate mongering about your fellow citizen patriots.

BBB

0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 12:18 pm
@genoves,
genoves wrote:

So have I -Johnboy. and in far more difficult circumstances than the fake Setanta.[.........] I am sure that Setanta never fired a bullet against an enemy of the USA in his life.

Genovese - I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you, or learning of your "difficult circumstances" while serving the US. Perhaps you'd care to give us some details on those?

However: I do know Setanta, and have a general idea of his military record, and can assure you that you're flat-out wrong in your current views on him, clearly based on ignorance on your part. You might retract, or even apologize.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 12:24 pm
MM in a few years we'll all be dead and none of this will matter.
High Seas

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 03:08 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
According to that logic, we might all jump out of windows on high floors right this second, saving our descendants from paying for our old-age medical bills.

After you, Bi-Polar Bear Smile
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 03:16 pm
@High Seas,
When and if I live long enough to be not in a condition to care for myself... I have a very similar plan already in place.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 03:56 pm
@High Seas,
Quote:
According to that logic, we might all jump out of windows on high floors right this second, saving our descendants from paying for our old-age medical bills.

Screw 'em . . . i'm gonna jack the costs up as high as possible, and then leave all my worldly wealth to an animal shelter . . .
High Seas

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 04:04 pm
@Setanta,
How did we all get into this macabre cul-de-sac digression???!! You're a hero, Setanta, as is everyone else here who put on a uniform and went out there to get shot at in assorted foreign hellholes. No matter what Genovese says. Whatever you do, don't die, I'm gonna sue the Canadian government for damages - and yo, btw, Stephen Harper is a fellow conservative, so he may actually pay up Smile
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 04:38 pm
@genoves,
Why do you bother posting, when you have no intention of being taken seriously.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 06:24 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

I have been doing a lot of reading of my old posts lately, and have had an epiphany.

When I first returned from Iraq, I wasnot ready to be thrown into the world yet.
Icame on A2k, and the first thing I saw was an attack on me and on the guys I served with.
I got angry.
And I stayed angry for a couple of years.
I made some rather insulting comments about many people on here that I disagreed with, I made insulting comments about liberals as a whole, and at times I was a complete idiot to people.

While I will not apologize for being a conservative, and while I will never apologize for serving in Iraq (I still think it was the right thing to do), I will apologize to those on the left that I insulted or was otherwise nasty to.

I was angry and all of you got blamed for the actions of a few.
I cant name all of you that I insulted, but I hope that all of you will forgive me for what I said back then.
If you think you were insulted by me, then you are probably correct.

Thank u for your service to our country.
Thank u for insulting the left; thay deserve it.

David
JPB

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 07:35 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
That made me laugh, david.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 07:42 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

That made me laugh, david.
Multiple be the chuckles.

David
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 07:48 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

mysteryman wrote:

I have been doing a lot of reading of my old posts lately, and have had an epiphany.

When I first returned from Iraq, I wasnot ready to be thrown into the world yet.
Icame on A2k, and the first thing I saw was an attack on me and on the guys I served with.
I got angry.
And I stayed angry for a couple of years.
I made some rather insulting comments about many people on here that I disagreed with, I made insulting comments about liberals as a whole, and at times I was a complete idiot to people.

While I will not apologize for being a conservative, and while I will never apologize for serving in Iraq (I still think it was the right thing to do), I will apologize to those on the left that I insulted or was otherwise nasty to.

I was angry and all of you got blamed for the actions of a few.
I cant name all of you that I insulted, but I hope that all of you will forgive me for what I said back then.
If you think you were insulted by me, then you are probably correct.

Thank u for your service to our country.
Thank u for insulting the left; thay deserve it.

David

**** you, David.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 07:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
ed. that's not very civilized...

its sposed to be like this.

**** you very much, dave...

and the horse you rode in on.

(or as gram says, pick two fingers...)
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 08:09 pm
@Rockhead,
The guy thinks he should insult with impunity. That no one should take offence at his oafishness.