A2Kers, where are you? Where is everyone?

Below viewing threshold (view)
djjd62

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 12:52 pm
@genoves,
you seem like the kind of guy who should get punched in the head at least once in his life (once a week if there's any justice)

if it hasn't happened yet, let's hope it happens soon
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 12:52 pm
I come back mainly to see who Massagato is going to be next.
genoves

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 01:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
You are supposed to be a writer , correct? I don't know if you will read this since most people want to wish that I wasn't writing on these threads. But SOME do and I will write for them.

Since I presume you have read American Literature, I will answer your query using the words of the great poet -_Walt Whitman--

"I AM LARGE--I CONTAIN MULTITUDES"--Leaves of Grass.
dlowan

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:29 pm
@djjd62,
Ya know, that thing would have no impact here at ALL, if people who can't ignore it without mechanical assistance just used the Ignore button!

Yeah, I wish the damn site hall monitors still took out the troll trash, but they don't and they won't.

The only way it ruins threads is if people respond.

I don't even see what it writes unless some bastid uses the quote function.
djjd62

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:34 pm
@dlowan,
i like going after genoves, gets the heart rate up

i hate the ignore button
dlowan

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:37 pm
@djjd62,
Sigh.

Well, bear in mind that it buggers threads for anyone not similarly minded...since one ends up with pages of vitriol aimed at an invisible subject.

I cannot speak for Msolga, nor order you around, but I wish you'd get your jollies on threads designed for vitriolic combat, and leave this one alone.
Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:38 pm
@djjd62,
I don't use the ignore feature. I also have no problem ignoring a jackass like Mortkat, the Dead Kitty, also known as the Possum.
djjd62

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:40 pm
@dlowan,
i generally do, and on a non confrontational thread i i try to post no more than one confrontational comment
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 03:36 pm
genoves

You seem to think discussing you is interesting. It isn't, actually, for most of us.

It'd be good if you could stick to the topic.
Dutchy

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 03:42 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

genoves

You seem to think discussing you is interesting. It isn't, actually, for most of us.

It'd be good if you could stick to the topic.

I'll second that!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 03:47 pm
@jespah,
Quote:
...for the # you see at the top of the screen, usually it's inflated by bots. It isn't some 200+ people who aren't talking (probably); it's more likely to be Google bots.

Ah! I always wondered about all those people online, but not posting.
I now realize that I've wished Google bots sweet dreams a few times on the "goodnight" thread! Laughing
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 03:48 pm
@msolga,
I've seen 500 or a 1000 online at the same time before, which I thought was cool. I wonder how many were bots?

Cycloptichorn
djjd62

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 03:48 pm
@msolga,
do google bots dream of electric sheep
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 04:00 pm
@Setanta,
Yeah, I agree, Setanta. Those "newbies" (now well & truly established "regulars") were a great shot in the arm for the site. It would be really boring if the same old "old timers" kept talking to each other endlessly, about their same old areas of interest. We are not that fascinating!Laughing But (& someone correct me if my perception is wrong here) lately I've notice most of the newbies (& there seem to be quite a few of them) tend to be "one-off- topic -posters", who don't really stick around & actually become involved in A2K. Generally with thread topics about a particular personal issue, like a failing marriage, or an unfaithful husband ....
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 04:05 pm
@dlowan,
Glad I'm not the only one that thought that dlowan.

There's been hardly any philosophy posts recently, and no screaming newbies on 'relationships and marriage' for my entertainment.
Posts seem to be more along the line of things like wallpaper and shizz like that.
And there's hardly any loonies posting. The fountofwisdom episode was very exciting.