A2Kers, where are you? Where is everyone?

msolga

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 12:06 am
@roger,
You're a true gentleman, roger! Wink
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 08:29 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Well, ya know, roger ... there might even be some folk who actually want to address the thread topic, who have something new to say, at this stage, even! Makes it rather difficult ....

Really? Looks like the thread has otherwise been cold for about three months.
panzade

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 08:48 am
All true respect oz-kitten, this thread, like a condemned building is only occupied by poetry rats.
It was useful as A2Kers were grappling with the complexities of the "new" layout but everyone is settled in now, and comparing it to your far superior "Missing And Misplaced" thread, it's redundant.

Will the last poetry lover please turn out the lights?
msolga

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 05:47 pm
@Gargamel,
Quote:
Really? Looks like the thread has otherwise been cold for about three months.

But don't you want other interested (perhaps new) folk to join in on your conversation, Garg? There's no way they'd even know this discussion is happening, going by the thread title.

Me, I keep getting updates, which I respond to .. & keeping thinking huh? Confused each time. It's no big deal. Perhaps I'm just a stickler for things being in their rightful place! Wink
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 05:49 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
Will the last poetry lover please turn out the lights?

Ha!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 11:42 pm
@Gargamel,
Bugger. Now I'm feeling rather guilty. My intention wasn't for your poetry discussion to cease altogether! But that's what appears to have happened.

OK then. Feel free to continue your discussion without further interference .... & I will wrestle with my stickler's desire for everything to be in it's right place. I will avert my eyes.

How's that?
Gargamel

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 03:27 pm
@msolga,
No worries. My intention, rather obviously, was to point out to whatshisname that the "intellectual" persona he's adopted, in order to throw some weight around in political threads, needs more work. See, I'm here to help.

Sadly, though, I have to be pissed off enough before I can muster the effort to engage in a substantive (mildly) literary digression.

My work here is done. Back to dick jokes and bad one-liners!
msolga

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 03:00 am
@Gargamel,
Yeah, I know ... I understood your intention, Garg.

Quote:
My work here is done. Back to dick jokes and bad one-liners!

But, ya know, I hope this is not the last we'll see of your contributions to literary discussions on this site. I know this sounds terribly earnest, or something .... but I mean it.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 02:34 pm
So where the bloody heck is everyone? Surprised Damn slow even for a Saturday!

I'm leaving to walk to the cinema at Carnegie Hall in an hour and a half so that's where I'll be for a couple of hours (will walk back as well).
Ticomaya

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 03:13 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
So where the bloody heck is everyone? Surprised Damn slow even for a Saturday!

I'm getting ready for the A2K Fantasy Baseball draft ...
LionTamerX

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 03:16 pm
@Ticomaya,
I thought you would be watching hoops.
Ticomaya

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 04:21 pm
@LionTamerX,
Fantasy Baseball time ... anyway, Kansas doesn't play again until tomorrow!
sozobe

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 04:23 pm
@Ticomaya,
I'll root for Kansas I guess.

Reluctantly.

>schniff<
Swimpy

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 05:51 pm
@sozobe,
Hugs to you Soz. Sorry bout OSU.
JPB

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 05:53 pm
Today disappeared. I have no idea where it went but it's nearly 7:00 and it feels like it should be midday.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 06:38 pm
@Swimpy,
Aw thanks Swimp. The men first then the women, and they each really had a chance!

Samantha Prahalis rocks.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 08:08 pm
A2K sucks right now. There are 4 or 5 really irritating posters that make me want to scream "SHUT THE **** UP".
They've basically trashed the few threads I was following so I went ahead and collapsed them
(the sound of taps is heard)
About the only garden I tend is my Caption The Cartoon thread where the humour is silly and lighthearted and nobody gets pushed around.
msolga

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 08:26 pm
@panzade,

Whereas I find myself more & more embedded in the cooking threads these days, panzade. Wink
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 08:31 pm
@panzade,
and then the cartoon wouldn't upload for you

it's a conspiracy

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 09:04 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

OK, I know it's Sunday night (Oz time) the slowest time of the week, but there are a mere 102 people online. And by far the most of them aren't posting anything!

I may be imagining it, but there seem to be far fewer folk participating than a few months ago. I'm wondering why this is.

Are you:

Less interested in posting now that the US election is over?

Spending a lot more time YouTubing & FaceBooking than before?

Less interested in the internet in general, with more serious things (like making ends meet & holding onto your job in this recession) taking up your time & energy?

Going through one of those "low A2K interest phases" that besets all of us, from time to time?

Or ....?

I'm interested. If indeed you are A2King less, tell us why.
And what you're doing instead.

A handful of posters trash many of the threads I could follow. Nobody takes the advice: Ignore the trolls. I only come here to tend a few of my threads, to participate in letty's radio thread, and to see if my favorite posters are up to anything.