A2Kers, where are you? Where is everyone?

Reyn

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 09:57 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
I think that is a fault of the perceptive vacuum of online conversation. You can't see us, and we can't see you, so if you make a remark which everyone reading accepts, you may not know that it has been noticed and "approved of" because you don't get the eye contact signal, the slight nod, which would signal you in face-t0-face conversation.

Hmm, that's quite intuitive. I never thought of it that way before, but it makes a lot of sense. Thanks for that.

Setanta wrote:
Since late in 2002, i don't recall the exact date.

"Member since October 22, 2002"

That info is on your profile page, by the way.

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 02:01 am
@Reyn,
i am in the epitome of sinning, with city in the vicinity...

anti holy trinity, satan please forgive me..
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 03:52 am
@Reyn,
I knew the information was somewhere nearby, i just couldn't be arsed to go find it.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Vietnamnurse

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 07:57 am
Olga, my interest is seasonal as I am an avid gardener. I also have a houseful now since my daughter moved back in with the grandchildren since a divorce. I wish I was more "techy" like many of you. I need to learn how to post pictures and do the quote "thingys"....! My problem is taking the time to sit down and run through the procedures. I do like the community...I learn so much from it and laugh and grumble along with you. As for the new system, as a nurse, I am used to getting to use new things but when I haven't mastered the previous, I am in a world of trouble!!!
Gargamel

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 09:43 am
@genoves,
genoves wrote:
and know far more about Whitman than you will ever learn!

The thought shall haunt me for the rest of my nights.

Early American can smoke my bone, except for Poe, who, let's face it, wrote like an Englishman.

Why do people who pose about literature always bust out with Leaves of Grass? Particularly "Song of Myself"?

Booooooooooooooring.
hamburger

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 12:38 pm
@Vietnamnurse,
hi , nurse !
have mastered the art of simple picture posting - kept practicing ... and practicing ... and practicing ...
as far as the real techie stuff goes ... probably better for me to leave that to people who are really teck savvy .
essentially i'm here to to read what other people find of interest and contribute here and there .
there are so many other things to do (as you yourself stated) , that i'm not putting in much time to learn any "tricky stuff " .
nice to "talk" to you !
hbg
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2009 02:07 am
@Vietnamnurse,
Quote:
Olga, my interest is seasonal as I am an avid gardener. I also have a houseful now since my daughter moved back in with the grandchildren since a divorce. I wish I was more "techy" like many of you. I need to learn how to post pictures and do the quote "thingys"....! My problem is taking the time to sit down and run through the procedures. I do like the community...I learn so much from it and laugh and grumble along with you. As for the new system, as a nurse, I am used to getting to use new things but when I haven't mastered the previous, I am in a world of trouble!!!

Always delighted to see you here again, VN! I wish it was more often. I love reading your thoughts about politics, your animals, family .....

And fear not about not being "techy"! Hey, I started a thread called My next Luddite Question, for excellent reasons! Laughing Never let your lack of "techiness" be a cause for not posting, if there's something you'd like to say! (And if you want to say it, I & others here definitely want to hear it!) Just use the basics - post your thoughts - just words are fine.
Vietnamnurse

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2009 02:12 pm
@msolga,
Thanks for the kind words, Olga! I will do my best to keep up with all of you. And a big Hello to Hamburger! Good to see you too!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2009 10:02 pm
As for me, I like the folks I meet here and have learned much.

But the site seems less inviting since the change.

I don't know if its that or the fact that I am so much more busy with eBay now than when I started here.

I'll keep coming back, though. I hope that's OK.
msolga

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 01:38 am
@neologist,
Quote:
I'll keep coming back, though. I hope that's OK.

Well, of course it is!! Very Happy
dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 01:39 am
@msolga,
I'm not bored here at present!
msolga

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 01:56 am
@dlowan,
Well hey, neither am I, Deb!! Very Happy
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 03:32 am
I feel 50% better with the PMs back.

Let's wait for the search function and then it will be great!
0 Replies

bathsheba

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 12:42 am
@Gargamel,
Don't mean to poke my nose in the middle of a disagreement.

But.

What about Mark Twain? Now, that guy could write.
db
Bathy
msolga

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 02:12 am
@bathsheba,
Quote:
Don't mean to poke my nose in the middle of a disagreement.

But.

Oh yes you do, bathsheba!

I know a trouble maker when I see one! Razz Wink
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 08:21 am
@bathsheba,
He sure could write! He is one of my literary heroes.

But if I may step completely out of character and be a douchebag for a moment, Twain is more closely aligned with the turn-of-the-century American realists than the Early American gang.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 06:57 pm
Jeez, here we are encouraging folk to participate & half the place has hived itself off into cosy little chess groups! What's going on here? Wink

Dutchy

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 07:01 pm
@msolga,
Hi msolga, I'm sitting at the edge of the marina at my favourite fishing spot, not a soul around so peaceful and serene unbelievable. What's even better, bagged 1/2 dozen whiting already this morning. Smile
msolga

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 07:11 pm
@Dutchy,
So that's where you are, Dutchy! You lucky, lucky man! If the weather in SA is anything like it is in Melbourne today (gorgeous, perfect!) , you must be in heaven!