Yet another paint (but not color) question.

boomerang

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 06:47 am
Thanks JJT, I'll show that to Mr. B!

I think wainscotting would be pretty in there too.

I don't have an emotional investment in the current chair rail and if we end up replacing it, so be it. We do try to reuse/recycle all the elements of the house, especially some of the beautiful millwork, but in some cases it just isn't remotely practical or financially feasable.

I would love to know carpentry. What an amazing combination of art and skill. There is a shop near my house called The Joinery where they make furniture. They have an overlook into the shop where you can watch the carpenters at work. So cool. I fall over with skill envy every time I go there.

0 Replies

shanmarsh999

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 04:54 am
@JTT,
I tend to agree with Paul it would pretty close to Indian red oxide , well I just looked at mine but its hard to tell looking from an image on the net ... colors arent always as you percive them
0 Replies

stet

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 03:32 pm
@ossobuco,
By any chance are there any manufacturer labels still on your murphy bed? I had this exact style murphy bed in my 1920's apartment, and I would love to find one to put in my bungalow. These were different than the in-a-dor murphy beds, but I haven't been able to find any information on these. I loved the mechanism and would love to find one. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 04:17 pm
@stet,
Hello, Stet. I don't live there anymore (very much alas) but if there had been I'd probably (but not 100% sure) have noticed them).

I do figure there were more of these..

I did some searching a few years ago and saw nothing like it, but it makes sense there would be more out there.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2013 10:56 am
Just in case anyone needs some advanced painting tips, here's one:
http://www.channelate.com/comics/2013-11-07-tnt.png
http://www.channelate.com/2013/11/07/dynamite/
0 Replies

mathewanderson

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 03:04 am
As shown in pictures We can see theat your house and rooms looking awesome. I dont think so that the rooms needed any paint or anything else. If you still wanna to get paint then oke. Golden one is good
0 Replies

MichelleLI

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2017 02:54 am
@boomerang,
Maybe you can paint B and C in a bright color, cuz if the room all in white color looks monotonous and simple. Color is very important to change the whole temperament of your home.
0 Replies