Am I Weird?

dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 11:39 pm
It's a LITTLE weird not to know you have a conjoined foetus attached to your head, though.....
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 09:53 am
I think I will go with ''unique", that sounds the best. But I love Spicy McHaggis!
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 10:09 am
Someone once asked me to describe myself and I said "I am a self made humanot, that is a mixture of Joseph Stalin, Ghengis Khan, and Zakk Wylde, with a pinch of Brad Pitt(appearance wise Very Happy ).
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 10:30 am
Yeah, You're weird. Anyone who hangs out with NNY is definitely weird.
Your avatar sorta looks like Raymond Burr or is it Laird Cregar.?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 10:52 am
I don't think you've reached weird yet, but if that's your goal, keep trying ;-)
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 11:08 am
Being weird isn't my goal. I was just curious to find out if I am weird or not.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 11:28 am
Got ya ;-)
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 11:31 am
what is weird...?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 11:33 am
Mikey, hey! Well, Shakespeare claims that the three weird sisters were weird. Cool Does that help?
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 12:29 pm
Hope this helps

Main Entry: weird
Function: adjective
Date: 15th century
1 : of, relating to, or caused by witchcraft or the supernatural : MAGICAL
2 : of strange or extraordinary character : ODD, FANTASTIC
- weird·ly adverb
- weird·ness noun
synonyms WEIRD, EERIE, UNCANNY mean mysteriously strange or fantastic. WEIRD may imply an unearthly or supernatural strangeness or it may stress queerness or oddness <weird creatures from another world>. EERIE suggests an uneasy or fearful consciousness that mysterious and malign powers are at work <an eerie calm preceded the bombing raid>. UNCANNY implies disquieting strangeness or mysteriousness <an uncanny resemblance between total strangers>.

You could also be magical or fantastic
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 12:34 pm
Hmmmm, magical maybe but fantastic definitely Very Happy !
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2003 09:07 am
Weird is a 'relative' term (just ask Albert)

while one might appear 'weird' by comparison in an extremely conservative milieu, the same 'package' of characteristics might render one totally 'mainstream' in a more esoteric group (here, for example! Laughing )
Shocked Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2003 09:12 am
I'm wondering if Child might actually be the weirder of the two between him and NNY, as NNY always seems to be trying too hard to be weird, which may indicate a repressed normality. Any insight Child of the Light?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2003 09:14 am
I think you're trying hard, and that counts for something.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2003 09:16 am
I masturbate to the Teletubbies.

Am I weird?
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2003 09:27 am
Weird is a man who wipes a slice of bread around a public toilet urinal and eats it (picked up by police surveilllance camera while looking for drug-dealers). True story or urban myth? Weird either way.

When does weird become disturbed? Or perverted? Or eccentric? Or insane? It's a whole big jumble of semantics...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2003 09:36 am
Now I'm not saying you are actually planning anything, but hypothetically, let's say NNY and Child of the Light were the classic spree or serial killer sort of people. My guess would be that NNY would be the more enthusiastic in the planning stages, the dominant partner even, but would ultimately wuss out in the actual execution, or mess it up, leaving the more grounded Child of the Light to clean it up in a logical, detached manner. Dunno what's weirder there....just kidding of course, but food for thought. Laughing
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2003 10:01 am
The transparent desire to be weird in America is weird.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2003 10:40 am
Cav; have to disagree with your 'scenario'; NNY is probably more similar to myself (who i can assure you would not contemplate wanton debauchery) being of an artistic personality, which renders him more sensitive than most to his 'emotional' essence.
This can phenomenize in seemingly bizzarre and asocial ways, as you occassionally see in my comments.
I consider this type of personnality highly constructive, within society, as they hold the full spectral image of the society up for examination; (but then i'm predudiced).
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2003 12:33 pm
I read your poem on another thread...when you wrote that you weren't being "weird".
0 Replies