• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,637 • Replies: 3
No top replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 11:10 am
@Solve et Coagula,
Someone posted a while ago that inflation would make paying back the mortgage a whole lot easier.

Hyper inflation might not be so bad...my 30 year loan might be able to paid off in 5 years.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 11:27 am
If that all translates to: The US is in deep ****....and if the emphasis was on the word "deep"...like in "very, very, very deep"...then he is right! Because we are in some very, very, very deep ****.

I doubt we will ever become a Banana Republic...and I hope we do not become a third world nation...but I guess the people who lived in Rome at one time thought Rome would never be third world!

I try to see silver linings. Two items come up for me in this isse...one harder to fess up to than the other.

First the hard one: The US needs a good, healthy swift kick in the ass. We have been conducting ourselves like a self-righteous giant bullying the rest of the world. I think we are in the process right now...of getting that ass kicking. I just hope it is one that makes our nose bleed...so that we get the lesson.

The second one: I see the makings of a world-wide government possibly resulting from what is going on...with all the nations of the world losing lots of individual identification...a kind of global EU. I think that would be a good thing for the world.
JTT

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 01:02 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Jesus Frank, stop with the honesty already!

Banana republic, in some ways you're already there. Allowing leaders to so clearly break the law without them being held accountable is clearly, banana republic.
0 Replies