I am under immense pressure to perform. Any suggestions?

gissele

Mon 9 Feb, 2009 11:22 pm
I am in sales management. I have tried many prospecting tools. But the results are very bad. I am under immense pressure to perform. Any suggestions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 837 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

sullyfish6

Tue 10 Feb, 2009 07:14 am
With this economy, things are going to be tough for sales people.

Service is what you have to sell.

Keep plugging along. Keep notes on each client. Keep sending materials or visting on a regular basis. Plan to "work" a specific client each day.

I sell gourmet foods - those $10 jars of fig preserves. Talk about sales being in the tube. Still, I have to be ready when things break - and they will.

Keep the faith!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Tue 10 Feb, 2009 02:18 pm
@gissele,
Use the down economy to work on improving your product line and service to customers. Do surveys. Find out what they like and don't like about each product. Use the results to trim the product line of those products that don't do well. Find out what they'd like to buy from you if it were available.

Find out what added value the customers would like from your company. Would a newsletter about the products and how they are being used by other customers be of use to them? Take a look at your competitors. What are they doing differently than you and does that make them more successful? Where are their vulnerabilities? Try to insulate your company from those. Join forces with other companies for a compatible sales campaign.
0 Replies