so screwed...like a total loser

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 02:30 pm
let's see, jobless, school-less except for online courses, hopeless bc changing is very hard since i've admitted my problems too late. doomed to live w/ the 'rents for life. where is god in all this? it's like i'm at the mercy of everyone who pisses me off. they have so much power over me bc every time I have a screaming match with them, I end up suffering the consequences, not them. i wish i could be medical transcriptionist or other work at home jobs so i wouldn't have to be a total loser, even though I ain't never see anyone again. that's what i get for being a failure over and over. VR didn't even have any idea what work at home jobs i could try that only requires a high school diploma. woe is me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,652 • Replies: 5
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 02:35 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
It probably only seems hopeless right no. Keep working on that sudden temper. I don't know how you'll learn to deal with it, but I'm sure you will. Meanwhile, any job (almost) is better than no job. Use the next one to improve your reputation. You've got a long life ahead of you, and you haven't ruined it yet.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 03:46 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
Didn't you say you are only 20 years old? You have a long time to go and it's too early to give up and declare defeat. If you want to see a long early life of failure check out Abraham Lincoln's life.

All jobs require interaction with other people. Even stay at home jobs require that you sell your product to someone or work for a company that gives you work. You will always need people to give you money no matter what you do.

I suggest you look around for people that you would like to be like and try to imagine how they got where they are and how you can model yourself after them. Plenty of managers have bad tempers, but they probably have more education than you do and worked hard to get where they are. They didn't give up at 20. I suggest you check our books and recordings by motivational speaker Tony (Anthony) Robbins to get you started. You can Google the name and check around for used copies of his work on Ebay, Half.com and Amazon. Some libraries will also have it on hand, especially in their job search section.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 03:47 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
Here is a quick start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpc-t-Uwv1I
NickFun

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 07:11 pm
@Green Witch,
Dirty, follow their advice and you will write back here five years from now that you are a multi millionaire and accomplishing your dreams. Don't forget to thank everyone.
Green Witch

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 09:28 pm
@NickFun,
Nick, Robbins has done some very good things for underprivileged teens and troubled young adults in this country. About 15 years ago I got to see his youth organization in action first hand, and I was very impressed with the way he motivated young people to take control over their lives, get off of drugs, get back into school and take responsibility for their decisions. You don't have to buy a thing that he peddles. His talks and books are available in libraries or cheaply used- and now free on the internet. His message has come long way from the days of just getting sales people to sell more. I think it's just what DD needs.
0 Replies