does he really love me ?

hodyal

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 09:06 am
im 18 years of age and i had been going out with my boyfried for a year.
he split up with me over christmas but after all my crying and sayin how much i missed him he got back with me.
3 weeks ago he dumped me again sayin that he just wasnt able 2 commite anymore but he still loved me, he said he would only make me feel down in myself if he contuined to see me, and he didnt want to lie or hurt me anymore, but he still wanted to be really good friends. Everytime i go out to him has a friend he acts like nothin bothers him and everythings cool. but it really hurts me inside cause i still love him. Im telling him all the time about how i feel and i confessed that i was finding it really hard to b friends with him and yesterday he said he didnt want 2 see or hear from me for 2 weeks untill he decides what he wants, that he may want to get back with me.
i really want him 2 get back with me but i dont want 2 feel hurt again and im afaird of what friends and family will think.. hes constanly on my mind..
has any one any honest suggestions on what i should do in this matter ??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,195 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 09:44 am
@hodyal,
You're 18. Move on.

hodyal

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 09:56 am
@Bella Dea,
its easier said then done and age has nothing to with it.
i dont care if im 15 or 50 i love him,
and im seeking help in this matter.
BillRM

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 10:31 am
@hodyal,
Acting like a doormat is not the way to win him back!!!!!!

Start dating others and not being available to him at his whim and if he care for you at all he will come back.

If your moving on does not concern him at all then all you could be to him is a doormat in any case.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 10:53 am
I'm going to save you a lot of time reading any responses after this.

No one is going to tell you to keep trying to get back together with this guy.

Everyone is going to tell you to move on.

You want a honest suggestion? The above are the honest suggestions you are going to get, regardless of if it's what you want to hear.

If you keep with your current plan, you'll have heartache, interspersed with brief episodes of limerance.

Cut your losses.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 10:55 am
@hodyal,
That's not what I meant.
What I meant is you'll have plenty of chances to meet the person you're meant to be with.

Didn't say you had to not love him. But he doesn't love you. That is obvious.

Move on.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 10:58 am
@hodyal,
You love him.

He does not love you.

You cannot make him love you.

Life will go on.

Look up "unrequited love".
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 11:04 am
If someone breaks up with you (then gets back with you because of your crying and whatnot), they don't really want to be with you.

Sad, but true.

He has broken up with you twice. What part don't you get? Not to be harsh, but no, he doesn't really love you.

Why would you want to be with someone who doesn't love you?

Don't beg. He doesn't want you. Sorry!
0 Replies

doralw

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 08:22 pm
@hodyal,
Hello I am new on this site, I fully understand you!!! that exactly happened to me.. so so many years ago.. now I can see he did not love me, something I didnĀ“t want to realize when I was so in love with him. but Hodyal, nobody NOBODY deserves one single or your tears, as long as he is not willing to loose one tear for you!!! your love is just too much for him... and you deserve someone to be crazy about you and your way of loving, if he just can not or does not want to valuate you, then do not loose your time. Do not look for somebody else.... just live for your, do anything you have always wanted to do for you!!! love yourself, (please excuse my english as this is not my native language) do not suffer for somebody who is not willing to do the same for you!!! you worth too much... just be happy and make yourself happy
0 Replies