Own part of a corporation and ask for action against Israel

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 07:34 am
Own part of a corporation and ask for action against Israel

If any of you own shares* in a company doing business with Israeli companies and want to actively take actions, you could do something like this:

(*You can buy shares if you dont own them - going cheap at the moment)

Letter to Vodafone PLC

Dear Sir/Madam,

With regards to Vodafone Corporate responsibility. As a shareholder, I understand that my company purchases products and services from Israeli companies, for example Amdocs. With regards to the recent actions of Israel in Gaza, our competitor company BT has done the following:

Several days into Israel's Gaza assault, Richard Ramsey, the managing director of a British telecom company, sent an e-mail to the Israeli tech firm MobileMax. "As a result of the Israeli government action in the last few days we will no longer be in a position to consider doing business with yourself or any other Israeli company."

As a shareholder and customer of Vodafone I expect us to act in an ethical manner considering our Global footprint. I am looking forward to your response with regards to this matter.

Please see Share Certificate No: XXXXXXXX.

Best Regards

..................................................................................

If there are 100 shareholders working together, then they can get a resolution put to vote for presentation at the Annual General Meeting (or an extraordinary General Meeting).

Obviously, anything put to vote has to be financially motivating or look good for the company, because the other investors (who will be voting) will have a vested interest in the growth of profits and sadly, generally not in the rights or wrongs of the real world.

The resolution can be put to any company listed on the London Stock Exchange.

A single share can be as low as pennies and all the way up to tens of pounds for the more successful, large businesses.

For example, share prices are (today),
Tesco 360p
Marks & Spencers Group 226p
etc
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 780 • Replies: 0
No top replies