Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 12,835 • Replies: 12
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 03:35 pm
@lil trickster,
I've never tasted arm mussels.
Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 03:35 pm
There is no way to get muscle tissue "fast." You can build up your biceps with repeated weight exercises, either with free weights or a weight machine (exercise machine). There's no way you will be able to make a noticeable change in under six months.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 03:36 pm
@FreeDuck,
It's probably like snails . . . soak 'em melted butter and garlic, and they'll taste good . . .
lil trickster

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 03:38 pm
@Setanta,
are you sure theres no faster way
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 03:43 pm
Yes, i'm sure. While in high school sports, i was required to do weight training with free weights. As a result, when i went to university, i took weight-lifting for my physical education courses, because i already knew i could do it. While overseas in the army, i contracted a septic disease, and lost 65 pounds in under two weeks. The only way for me to recover from that, and still be in good shape, was exercise. So i began a course of weight lifting and playing racket ball.

Nothing worth having ever comes easy. Anybody who tells you differently is bullshitting you.
lil trickster

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 03:45 pm
@Setanta,
thanks and good luck
Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 03:50 pm
Good luck to you, too. I would encourage you to do weight training, carefully, and if possible under the supervision of someone with knowledge and experience. You can only reasonably do weight training every other day, so i would advise getting aerobic exercise (exercise that makes you breathe hard and which makes your heart pump) every day. Running can, of course, do that, but so can a long, brisk walk, so long as it lasts at least 40 minutes. Walking to school or to work can take care of that.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 03:53 pm
@lil trickster,
We've got an exercise thread here http://able2know.org/topic/125580-1
and a guy name maporsche who could probably give you some
help/advice/encouragement.
maporsche

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 04:26 pm
@George,
Thanks George.

It sounds like you're trying to gain muscle size (as opposed to strength or endurance).

You will grow muscle in your arms if you do arm exercises and eat more food (eating more food is very important). If you're looking to gain arm muscle really fast, you need to work out more than just your arms. Your body does a better job building muscle when it is building for your entire body as opposed to just building muscle for your arms.

If you only want to build arm muscle though then the workout is really simple. You need to do exercises that work out your bicep and tricep muscles. You need to do this workout every other day (doing it 2 days in a row will slow down your progress, don't do it).

Regular Bicep curls (either dumbell or bar)
4 sets x 8 reps with as much weight as you can lift 8 times. It should be impossible to lift a 9th rep (this may require you reducing the weight each set). There should be 1-2 minutes in between sets.

Hammer curls (must be dumbell)
4 sets x 8 reps with as much weight as you can lift 8 times. It should be impossible to lift a 9th rep (this may require you reducing the weight each set). There should be 1-2 minutes in between sets.

Tricep pushdowns (cable exercise)

Skull Crushers (use a bar)

Close-grip Bench press (use a bar)

This is what I would do; but your milage may vary. And keep in mind that this will only work for 8-12 weeks and you'll need to find a different program.

I have a lot more advice if you're thinking about starting a whole body program (which I would recommend).

Oh yeah, since it can't be said enough, you have to eat more food in order to gain muscle (assuming you're not overweight). If you lift weights and do not eat more food, you will not gain any muscle and all your efforts will be wasted.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 04:47 pm
You're female right? Are you looking to create definition known as "cuts"?

I assume this is the look you want:
http://www.hiphopn.com/userimages/user1314_1177041053.jpg

There is no magic way other than exercise. Anyone can get tighter and larger muscles with exercise and weights. However, even with proper weight training, not all women can get "cuts". Our individual muscle structure is genetic and we can only get so much in the way of results with exercise. If other people in your blood family have strong muscle definition you have a better chance. You would have to work out and see what happens.

The only short cut is steroids, but the side effects can be deadly. You also could end up looking like this (or worse):

http://tour.ftvideo.com/content/genex/articles/0405_Gina%20Davis%20Arm%20Training//_/DSC01383a.jpg

0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 04:51 pm
@lil trickster,
Quote:
i need help

I know.

I recommend a spelling primer.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 05:26 pm
@lil trickster,
I usually find em at low tide. There is no fast, there is only do or not do.
0 Replies