Some Woman Does Not Love Her Daughter And She Let The WORLD Know About It

Luluish

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 07:05 pm
I am a 23 year old woman, and I had a daughter 3 years ago. The child wasn't planned and when I got pregnant, I was young and my family is old fashion so they convinced me to have the baby. The father left the second he found out I was pregnant. So I gave birth to my baby girl and all was good. Now three years later, I have contact with her father again. My life is in ruins... I have not finished any education, I don't have a job, all my friends "left" me because we had nothing in common anymore. I never leave the house. I have no social contact with people. I can't get a job, I have a depression.
I love my daughter, but I want to send her away... I don't feel like I have anything to offer her anymore. I don't feel like I have a chance at a normal life as long as she's living with me. Am I a bad person? No. But a choice I made has had such a huge impact on my life, and I don't see any other way out... Call me a bitch all you want...
ossobuco

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 07:36 pm
@Luluish,
We won't call you a bitch, Lulu. I'm cooking dinner and need to think a bit on this. Others will be along to post.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 11:37 am
@Luluish,
You're situtation is not that unusual.

Do you still have your family's support?

How is the father being back in the picture changing things?

Have you looked into Head Start or subsidised day care for your daughter?

There is help out there but you have to go out and ask for it. It won't just show up uninvited.

If you're positive you don't want to parent you could speak to an attorney about placing your child for adoption. Be sure that you fully understand that your decision is not reversable should you go this route. Lots of older children are voluntarily placed for adoption without ever having entered the foster care system.

I know because my son was one -- he was almost 2 when he moved in with us and 6 when we adopted him.

On one adoption forum I visit there is a birthmom who placed her two children for adoption at the ages of 2 and 4. She worked with an attorney and picked the family.

Good luck to you in whatever you decide.
0 Replies

orchipeta

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 04:26 pm
@djjd62,
I wish I could contact Shelley to let her know that exactly she's not alone I relate to her story. Shelley if you received help please let me know. I want to find that bond that is lost.
0 Replies

annettefashelle

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 12:05 pm
@djjd62,
Hating anyone is devastating on both you and, in this case, the child (because she knows about it). In MY case, my daughter was born in 1962 in B.C. Canada and people's minds were so nose-in-the-air and it's-all-the-girl's-fault. Our neighbors and Mom's friends told her to send me away to have the baby and to let the baby be adopted because, otherwise I'd be "marked" for life. Of course, the man who caused the problem got off scott free! Men always did.

I was so full of HATE for the man for the following 9 months and the pains of the birth and the subsequent 3 months of recovery, that I never got over it. I figured that I was being punished by God for being born a female in the first place.

Right from the start, my Mom said that the baby was going to be part of our family because it has the right to be, and she (Mom) has the right to the grandchild. Therefore, against the wishes of EVERYONE, Mom ruled!

As soon as Janis was born, and I came to, the first thing I said was "I'm not pregnant anymore." That was the ONLY thing that concerned me. My imprisonment was over. I'd paid my penalty for allowing that man near me. The next thing I said was "Is it a boy or a girl?" When someone said "It's a girl" I was so relieved. Mom wanted a girl. She harped on it throughout my entire pregnancy. Then I asked "Is she all right?" Someone said "Yes." And that was the end of it.

To me, the tumor was out of my body. The surgery was over. But now I had to feed this thing. Again, this creature from the depths of hell was going to suck the life out of my body. And, worse, my body was going to continue to be a gusher of milk for it. My own body was turning against me. It produced this thing, and now it feeds it. I wanted out - mostly I wanted out of this body that was torturing me. I was living in hell.

(I'm leaving a lot out of this story because it would make it too long if I didn't). When I got well enough, my parents told me that I would now go out and work to support my daughter (who had been named "Janis") at this point. I ended up doing office work which I hated. I hated my life. I wanted to escape.

In those days women weren't allowed to work in bars. So I took off to Ontario where women had equal rights. Not only could they be cocktail waitresses in nightclubs, they could be bar tenders! Wow! What a difference. I was now free!

I stayed away for a long time. As far as I can remember, there was little contact with the family. I hated my family because they represented restraints and constraints. And, I was away from the tumor that had grown in my body for 9 months. And, even though it wasn't her fault, she reminded me of the man I hated who had put the seed of her growth into my body.

It was a huge disservice to put Janis into our household. It was Mom's selfish wants that kept an already bad situation and made it worse. Janis grew up with all the advantages any kid could get. Mom gave her everything, but she wasn't satisfied. She (Janis) could never get enough. She could never have the love of a mother. I didn't have the love to give to her. I couldn't feel anything. And, my Dad criticized me for that. He told me that THAT's the kind of woman I am. (THAT was the kind of woman his Mother was. No doubt, this situation reminded him 100% of his own childhood with and without his raving outrageous Mother - if you could call her that. Actually, she was little more than something that gave birth to him).

Now that my parents are dead, and Janis is God-knows-where, and I live in Hawaii and it is now the year 2012, and Dr. Drew (a TV personality) has interviewed a doctor who told of women who suffered (and suffers) from this same condition (can't relate - and even hates their own offspring) I am free to talk about it.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find out who that doctor is who was interviewed on the Dr. Drew show. I'd like to speak to him. I'd like to send him this email.

This year I will be 71 years old. I'm glad my life is behind me. I wouldn't want ANY of it back. I must have paid up all my ugly karma. I'm ready to "go" now.

Annette Fashelle
Honolulu, HI
boomerang

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 08:13 am
@annettefashelle,
Your post is really heartbreaking. It sounds like a suicide note and I really hope it isn't.

Have you ever talked to a therapist? An attachment therapist? Someone with a specialty in PTSD? It's never too late to ask for help.

You might try writing to the Dr. Drew show and asking who they spoke to on that episode. I see that he's talked to Dr. Allan Schore. Maybe it was him. He's a neuroscientist who deals with attachment issues.

The 1960s were a hard time for women. So many of them were shipped off to maternity homes and forced by their families to place their babies for adoption. It was awful for them and many of them feel that this ruined their lives. I think they could really benefit from hearing your story of life on the other side of the coin -- being forced to keep your baby when you didn't want to.

It's a terribly complicated issue. There is so much shame involved no matter what decision a girl made (or what decision was made for her). It's very brave of you to speak up.

With the ****-storm surrounding reproductive rights happening now it's especially important for people to know what the world was like then, and what some people hope we will return to.

Best wishes to you, annettefashelle. I hope you find some peace.
0 Replies