Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 07:21 pm
Go Iggles, IS Philly blessed this year? HAve we atoned for our sins of Abscam/ and Nicky Scarfo?.

I am elated and , feel that, once the stars are aligned as they have been thus far.
CAN THE IGGLES MAKE IT ON THEIR MODERATE TALENT POOL?

WILL ANDY REID BLOW UP FROM AN OVERDOSE OF SCRAPPLE AND EGGS?

ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 07:37 pm
@farmerman,
I don't care, but I picked them.
farmerman

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 07:47 pm
@ossobuco,
Bless you my child.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 08:02 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Go Iggles, IS Philly blessed this year? HAve we atoned for our sins of Abscam/ and Nicky Scarfo?.

I am elated and , feel that, once the stars are aligned as they have been thus far.
CAN THE IGGLES MAKE IT ON THEIR MODERATE TALENT POOL?

WILL ANDY REID BLOW UP FROM AN OVERDOSE OF SCRAPPLE AND EGGS?

I haven't a clue what you're talking about here, farmer. I'm guessing football. (No, absolutely no need to explain!)
But how can I help supporting a team named (nicknamed?) the Iggles? With a moderate talent pool .... & atoning for past sins, even?
This sounds like my sort of team!
GO Iggles! Very Happy
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 08:03 pm
Iggles starts my giggles
For cardinal rule is Cardinals rule
farmerman

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 08:31 pm
@msolga,
Philadelphia has always been accused of being a large city with no professional sports franchises. This year, however, The tables have turned and our fates have been steered by something that we, as fans, are totally unequipped to handle, WINNING!. Its a scary feeling.
Our baseball team won the wordl series
and our football team , through means not related to good playing and coaching, has been thrust into the playoffs and they are three games in and yet 2 away from winning a SUPER BOWL
farmerman

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 08:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
Careful edgar, I have but to root for any team, and they lose. GO CARDINALS.
MWA HA HA HA HAAA
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 08:38 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
....our fates have been steered by something that we, as fans, are totally unequipped to handle, WINNING!. Its a scary feeling.

Your time has come, farmer!

Go Iggles!!!!

Just one question & then I'll butt out & let people who know what you're talking about get on with discussing the topic properly ..:

Why "Iggles"? I can't quite get "iggles" from Philadelphia.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 09:11 pm
I was of course joking. Any team that can get this far in the playoffs is a winner to me. (Damned Texans)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 11:07 pm
Miss Olga, FM is referring to an American style football team called the Philadelphia Eagles, who were last seen standing on a street corner in South Philly, laughing and dropping things.
msolga

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 11:27 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
...the Philadelphia Eagles, who were last seen standing on a street corner in South Philly, laughing and dropping things.

Ah. I see.

That's the sort of football team I admire!
Precisely the correct attitude & spirit to a game! Very Happy

Go Iggles!
jespah

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 05:25 am
Iggles, baby! Teal is a nice color.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 05:32 am
@msolga,
Sorry, I keep forgetting that little colloquial terms that we use in our various countries can be viewed as some kinda shibboleths tor the rest of us..
I admit that I hadda look up the word "Chooks" in an unfamiliar context when deb first used it many years ago. Now I can use chook in polite conversation without blushing.
See, in US slang, a chook is a contraction of the words "chode" and Mook". Much study has been undertaken on the etymology of the word chode and it gets really nasty , unless you hang around SOuth Philly Italian neighborhoods .

Set has explained the word "Iggles" correctly and his lame attempt at how the Iggles are frequently intercepted or are competent fumblers did not go unnoticed and I shall remind him that in this playoff series such is not the case. The Iggles have successfully caused turnovers and have recovered fumbles on Minnesota, Dallas, and most recently , the G'INTES
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 08:26 am
So . . . i ain't no fan of no Vikings, Cowboys or Gintes . . .
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 08:39 am
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/8731/arizonacardinalslogotc5.gif
farmerman

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 08:43 am
@Ticomaya,
Now we hear from our Arizona members.

Im rooting for the CArdinals to win.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 06:11 pm
me and my big mouth. Now I owe Tico a cigar.
OHWELL, now I can seriously get on with ice fishing
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 06:15 pm
Iggles made one hell of an effort in the Fourth.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 08:34 pm
@farmerman,
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/3544/235599ms4.jpg
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 06:44 am
IGGLES deserved to lose, they had no clue they were in a game for most of it. OK TICO, gimme yer address or some other means of mailing a cigar your way.
You like Torpedoes or blunts?