Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

Builder

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 02:00 pm
@Ionus,
Oh, my bad.

I wasn't aware you'd been doing a Bin Laden for the last ten years.
Ionus

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2015 11:08 pm
@Builder,
Still no invasion of Libya. Did you mean Afghanistan? They sound alike to some. Perhaps you mean the air support provided by several states to support a UN resolution on Libya? That invasion? If you continue to use words outside their definition it will be difficult to show you where you are wrong.
Builder

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2015 02:56 am
@Ionus,
Call it what you like. Congress didn't okay it.

The CIC over-ruled them. Treason is the charge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU5vQ1OgPjs

Ionus

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2015 08:47 am
@Builder,
How can it be treason if it is allowed by law? Thanks for the interesting video, I knew most of it but was surprised by some parts. OPEC member countries produce about 40 percent of the world's crude oil and their recent meeting ended as a shambles. No one individual country has the power mentioned in the video. Oil is now lowering in price. Doesn't quite fit the conspiracy theory.
Builder

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 03:51 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
How can it be treason if it is allowed by law?

Congress didn't okay it. So how can it be law?
Ionus

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 04:07 am
@Builder,
You mean how can it be legal. The law is what exists, legal is within the confines of the law. It was legal (allowed by law) because of the Presidential powers.
Builder

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 06:40 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
The law is what exists,

so show us where Congress okayed the NATO invasion of Libya.
Ionus

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 08:00 pm
@Builder,
I repeat:
Quote:
It was legal (allowed by law) because of the Presidential powers.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 08:02 am
Why is the U.S. subsidizing Israeli settlements?

Quote:
An office chair is positioned on the top of Dagan Hill, on the outskirts of Efrat, a thriving West Bank settlement. Someone must like to sit here and take in the changing landscape. Once-bare mountains are losing their shape, carved up by new roads and villas for a growing population of Jewish settlers.

Nadia Matar, one pillar of this community, should be happy. Twenty years ago, as she struggled to make a life on this hill, the success of her mission seemed improbable, if not impossible. Now, from the top of the windy peak, the fruits of her victory are apparent. Yet Matar, founder and leader of the pro-settlement nonprofit Women in Green, doesn’t sound cheerful when I call to ask about the funding of her organization. “Choose which side are you on,” she tells me in Hebrew, “ours, or the enemies who try to destroy us.”

Many from Israel’s far right and the settlers’ community condemn the Obama administration as that “other” side. They should know better: While one American hand opposes development of settlements, the other keeps feeding it.

A few miles away from Efrat sits the pleasant campground of Oz Vegaon, a West Bank outpost built without the required land allocation and planning permits from the Israeli Civil Administration. Campers, tourists and right-wing groups gather here to enjoy the newly constructed facilities. Women in Green helped to build Oz Vegaon last year, naming it after three Jewish teens murdered by Palestinians not too far from there. Some of the money it used on the site traveled some 5,700 miles from the center of Manhattan. Matar’s group is one of many settler organizations fueled with tax-exempt American dollars, of which increasing amounts arrive each year.

This year I conducted a thorough investigation into the complex network of tax-exempt donations helping to finance West Bank settlements. The investigation, published this month in Haaretz, looked at almost 50 nonprofit organizations that raise money in the United States for the settlements.

The findings are striking: Within five years, from 2009 to 2013, more than $220 million was sent across the ocean and into schools, synagogues and playgrounds dotting the hills of Judea and Samaria. Millions of tax-subsidized dollars have gone to Jewish settlements in Hebron, helping to sustain a grim reality in the segregated part of the city, where Palestinian movement is sharply restricted and their economic life has been suffocated.

Donations from the United States also were used to support families of Jews convicted in ideologically motivated violence against Palestinians. The spouse of Ami Popper, convicted of murdering seven Palestinians in 1990, received financial help from Honenu, an Israeli nonprofit that drew 20 percent of its income last year from U.S. donations.

The American donors to these groups are entitled to tax breaks on the money they give, and so this flow of funds means U.S. taxpayers are indirectly supporting a policy of settlement expansion opposed by the current administration and every other administration — Democratic and Republican — since Richard Nixon. In 2013, the organizations raised $73 million and doled out $54 million in grants. Initial data from 2014 suggest totals even higher.

In his 2009 speech to the United Nations, President Obama stated a clear view on Israeli presence in the West Bank. “America does not accept the legitimacy of continued Israeli settlements,” he said.

When I recently asked a senior White House official about this apparent contradiction, he told me: “This administration never defended or supported any activity associated with the settlements. It doesn’t support or advance any activity that will legitimize them.”

Plaques honoring American donors on buildings or promenades they helped to erect in the settlements suggest otherwise. If Obama means it when he warns Israel about the consequences of its settlement policy, he should explain why his country keeps subsidizing it.

I would like to know the differences on Bernie Sander's views and Hillary Clinton's views on the Israeli settlements and to the information above. In other words, more than empty words.

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 01:02 pm
@revelette2,
Politicians are afraid to speak against Jews and Israel. Just look at the casualty between the Palestinians and Jews; it tells all we need to know.

Look at the graph at "ifamericansknew.org".
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 10:19 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
Why is the U.S. subsidizing Israeli settlements?

Because we understand that, since the Palestinians refuse to make peace, Israel is right to take the land and use it themselves.

revelette2 wrote:
I would like to know the differences on Bernie Sander's views and Hillary Clinton's views on the Israeli settlements and to the information above. In other words, more than empty words.

I don't know their official positions, but Hillary is knowledgeable enough to fully understand that the Palestinians are the bad guys here. She is unlikely to try to penalize Israel for the fact that the Palestinians refuse to make peace.

Sanders might be loopy enough to try to blame Israel for the Palestinians' refusal to make peace. If so though, he'll quickly learn that the American people support Israel more than they support him.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 10:22 pm
The MIddle East is in for a huge redraw of the map. I dont think the old states have viable borders, so this will be a good time to move all the Palestinians out of Israel occupied land.
Builder

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 01:54 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
The MIddle East is in for a huge redraw of the map.

Says who?

It was the last "redraw of the map" that caused all this **** to begin with.
Ionus

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 02:45 am
@Builder,
Exactly. Now that Syria is a failed state, Iraq is not far behind, the Kurds were the only good fighters and want a homeland which will take parts of Iraq and Syria, Turkey wants to include the Turkmen of Syria, Israel is never going to give up the Golan heights and Jordan and Palestine are the same people. The last redraw was a disaster. Now it will be redrawn by the people who live there.
Builder

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 03:01 am
@Ionus,
Aren't you following the situation at all?

Sec of state Kerry's meeting with Prez Putin?

Try and keep up.
Ionus

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 06:03 am
@Builder,
You are full of assumptions. You think those two have decided anything or whether that will even matter to the millions involved? You are gullible and I have obviously lapped you.
Builder

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 08:06 pm
@Ionus,
The first casualty in any conflict, is the truth.

It's a huge mistake to believe in your own propaganda.

The NWO plan/s for Syria are sliding further and further away from their agenda, and Putin spoke of this several times in the recent past.

Your choosing to ignore this reality is not my problem.
Ionus

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 08:18 pm
@Builder,
Your arguments seem to throw in topics randomly. How is that relevant to what the people of the area want? They will redraw the borders, and hopefully they will do a better job than the British and French after WW1. What the outside powers want had very little to do with it as they are not prepared to put boots on the ground so effectively they can be ignored.
Builder

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 08:37 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Your arguments seem to throw in topics randomly.

In your opinion only.

Quote:
How is that relevant to what the people of the area want?

Which area? Which people?

Quote:
They will redraw the borders, and hopefully they will do a better job than the British and French after WW1.

Whom is "They"?

Quote:
What the outside powers want had very little to do with it as they are not prepared to put boots on the ground so effectively they can be ignored.

Which powers? The "Coalition of the Willing"? Most of that coalition took their boots and went home when it became obvious that the invasion of Iraq was a setup of huge magnitude, and the "intell" that was used was bogus.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 09:08 pm
@Builder,
"when it became obvious that the invasion of Iraq was a setup of huge magnitude, and the "intell" that was used was bogus."

Why dont you tell us something more recent, like isis killing any Jew, Christian, or Muslim who dont adhere to their orders. They arnt a religion. They are a bunch of cut throat crooks kind of like the Isralie government of today, but even more murderous.