Can you look at this map and say Israel does not systemically appropriate land?

Foofie

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 08:07 pm
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

Well that little bit spits in the face of every migration theory of the Americas I've ever read.

A
R
T

I should have said the Bering Straits? Regardless, the Native Americans came to the Americas in more than one wave. So, earlier waves had to contend with later waves. But, they were only considered indigenous people by the Europeans, since the Europeans came later, and could not be part of the eariest arrivals. But, what should have the Euroepeans done? Adopt the Native American culture. Stop making wheels? Live in tepees. Hunt buffalo? Sounds silly?

0 Replies

failures art

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 08:51 pm

A
R
T
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 08:42 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Argumentum ad hominem is a logical fallacy in which one personally attacks one's interlocutor rather than addressing their argument.

Yes. It is your primary tactic of late, unfortunately.

Setanta wrote:
I have consistently addressed what pass for arguments on your part.

Only by engaging in ad hominem tactics, and by pretending that I've said things I didn't say.

Setanta wrote:
"Ad hominem," on the other hand, is a bit of internet babble in which one actually turns the tables, and whines about being insulted rather than actually addressing the argument advanced against them.

It is pretty silly to pretend that "ad hominem" isn't a way of referring to "argumentum ad hominem".

Setanta wrote:
And you have been wrong again and again.

I again point out that you can not show one place that I've ever been wrong (things that I've never said don't count as me being wrong).

Setanta wrote:
You've cobbled together this "i only meant the west bank" since then to try to claim that you weren't wrong about your facts.

Nope. I made it clear from the beginning that this was the only place that I was calling Israel's ancient homeland.

Setanta wrote:
As far as i can see, you are either woefully ignorant, or willfully disingenuous.

No. It is a matter of me being completely correct.

I snipped out a lot of your repeated false claims about what I said. I set the record straight a dozen or so times already, and so there was no need address the whole pile of malarkey all over again.

Setanta wrote:
You are also wrong about the success of the IDF in the recent invasion of the Lebanon. Their mission was not to kill as many non-combatant Lebanese as possible. Given that that's the only accomplishment to which you can point, you're wrong that the invasion was any kind of success, even by the self-serving and paltry standards of the Israeli government.

Well, I'm personally delighted with the level of destruction inflicted on Lebanon. If you are dissatisfied, all I can say is maybe Israel will do even better yet the next time around.

Setanta wrote:
You are consistently wrong,

No I'm not.

Setanta wrote:
and if pushed into a corner on it, all you have to say is "no i'm not."

The notion that you making an empty claim that I am wrong somehow pushes me into a corner is ludicrous.

Your empty accusations get a "no I'm not" because that is all the response they deserve.

Start arguing on the facts instead of making false accusations and you might get a response with a bit more substance.

Setanta wrote:
Basically, you arbitrarily and capriciously choose to recognize a right of possession for Jews, but for no one else,

Wrong. I recognized other rights too.

Setanta wrote:
and bury your head in the sand when it comes to any arguments against your position. You might as well put your fingers in your ears and shout "la-la, la-la, i'm not listening" for all the good it does to attempt to debate you.

Well, maybe if the debater did something other than claim that I said things that I didn't actually say.....
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 08:43 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
Just to remind you, not every person who is against the actions of Israel is anti-semitic.
In fact, most of us are not.

I've found that almost every single criticism of Israel that I've ever heard has actually just been poorly disguised anti-Semitism.

I've also found an extremely high correlation between monsters who favor putting innocent honors students in prison, and people who spew anti-Semitism.
oralloy

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 08:45 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Chumly wrote:
Who exactly were these so-called "Palestinians" during the time period in question?

The Palestinians were the indigenous people who inhabited this land during the time period. The Palestinian people have origins there dating back to Canaanite, Hebrew, and post-Hebrew times. Over the ages they subscribed to various religions including the many pagan religions of the area, Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

No. The Palestinians are mostly Arab invaders.

The Israelis have their ancient origins there however.

InfraBlue wrote:
Chumly wrote:
For what exact time period are you making said assertions?

The time period, as you will plainly see indicated in the map images, covers the years between 1946 and 2000.

Actually, it only covers specific periods within that timeframe, which were carefully selected in order to give a highly misleading impression of the whole period. In short, the series of maps is anti-Semitic propaganda.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 08:45 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
I write to record Israel's rape of Palestine, and its cheating and dissembling. And to highlight the extreme prejudice , bad faith and evil of its apologists.

In other words, you write to spew anti-Semitic lies.

The correlation between "monsters who support sending innocent people to prison" and "anti-Semites" holds.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 08:46 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
You people "took umbrage" at the Shoah. And rightly so.

Now your're doing your own version of it.

You anti-Semites are disgusting.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 09:13 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
If they are lies, why are most reliable media sources so consistent in their reporting of the Israeli atrocities? Are they all liars?

I can't say that I've ever heard any reliable media sources say that Israel has committed a single atrocity.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 09:14 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

I've found that almost every single criticism of Israel that I've ever heard has actually just been poorly disguised anti-Semitism.

Well, that's just because you obviously read just biased sources and don't know more than one language .... though there are a lot of Israelian sources in English as well ...
oralloy

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 09:28 am
@failures art,
failures art wrote:
Advocate wrote:
The charges against Israel are lies. It is as simple as that.

Except they aren't.

Every charge that I've ever heard levied against Israel has been a lie.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 09:31 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Well, that's just because you obviously read just biased sources and don't know more than one language .... though there are a lot of Israelian sources in English as well ...

It can't be biased sources, because I don't read those.

True that I only read English. However there are plenty of unbiased English news sources.
oralloy

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 09:32 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
While in Israel some years ago, the Israeli's had check points on most of the roads - especially the road that ran close to Jordan. Yes, they were armed.

Of course. Palestinians like to murder innocent people. Gotta guard against them.

cicerone imposter wrote:
Why is it that people like Advocate uses their great imagination about the US-Canada invasion when that issue doesn't even come close to what Israel does in Palestine - for real.

What Israel does in Palestine, is prevent Palestinians from murdering innocent Israelis.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 09:34 am
@failures art,
failures art wrote:
Similarly, now matter how terrible the Jews were treated (amongst others), it does not green light them to treat others with the same cruelty.

A
R
T

Don't worry. Israel will never try to treat anyone with the same cruelty.

All Israel is going to do is defend themselves from people who attack them.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 09:36 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Foofie wrote:
failures art wrote:
...Similarly, now matter how terrible the Jews were treated (amongst others), it does not green light them to treat others with the same cruelty.

A
R
T

I do not compare the invasion of Gaza (based on the retaliation for 8,000 missiles from Palestineans) with the "Jew hunt" in all Nazi occupied countries, that was gladly assisted by many from each occupied country.

If Palestineans can claim that one-third of their population was killed (forget the six million figure for a moment) then I can see some equality. The Jews lost their civilization in Europe. The Palestineans lost people, due to their using population centers as camouflage. Their culture continues right where it is.

If the pro-Palestinean position, of non-Middle Eastern people, shows anything, it is that the attitude during WWII, that Jews were expendable, has not really changed in the minds of many people. Since Israel understands this, I am not optimistic about peace there. Only Germany, that has its own cross to bear from WWII, can understand Israel's position. But, in my opinion, many other people of European descent just cannot get over the intractable attitude that Jews are not supposed to function like other people.

See what two-thousand years of brainwashing can do.

So, Foofie, it's about numbers now?

If someone wants to pretend that "Jews defending themselves" is the same as "the Holocaust", numbers seems a relevant issue.

Probably more relevant though that there is a substantial difference between murder and self defense, regardless of the numbers.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 09:41 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Walter Hinteler wrote:
oralloy wrote:
I've
True that I only read English. However there are plenty of unbiased English news sources.

And why don't you read those?
I mean here especially, those from Israel itself. But you might call those anti-Semitic, too, .... (That's an interesting concept of yours, btw: makes any discussion virtually impossible.)
oralloy

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 09:48 am
@failures art,
failures art wrote:
Israelis aren't "expendable" but their losses are not any more important than Palestine's.

That is incorrect. When Palestinians run around trying to murder people, and Israelis defend themselves, the lives of the defenders are far more important than the lives of the murderers.

failures art wrote:
Your blaming of Palastine for the casualties inflicted by the IDF is cowardly.

I can't see how such a statement could possibly be either brave or cowardly.

The statement, however, is correct. If the Palestinians had not been trying to murder people, the IDF would not have been defending against them.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 09:56 am
@oralloy,
orally, You fail in history: more Pals have been killed by Israelis. Yes, innocent Pals including women and children. You're a jerk Jew who can't see the suffering of others, but expect sympathy for the Holocaust.
oralloy

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 09:57 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
oralloy wrote:

And why don't you read those?
I mean here especially, those from Israel itself.

I do read unbiased sources from Israel now and then.

My main sources of news are BBC from the UK, and PBS from the US (I used to do NPR too, but I no longer consider them unbiased).

Walter Hinteler wrote:
But you might call those anti-Semitic, too, .... (That's an interesting concept of yours, btw: makes any discussion virtually impossible.)

Well, if a source is anti-Semitic, there is little point to discussion. The source is wrong, and it is evil beyond redemption.

But we might be getting ahead of ourselves here. The only thing I'm accusing of anti-Semitism at the moment is that vile creature McTag.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 10:02 am
@oralloy,
You're a blind, stupid, fool. Your support of Israel shows your ignorance.
there are many fair-minded Jews who are more humane, and knowledgeable about truth. You lack any ethics or humanity.

oralloy

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 10:07 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
orally, You fail in history:

No I don't.

cicerone imposter wrote:
more Pals have been killed by Israelis. Yes, innocent Pals including women and children.

So?

Collateral damage is unfortunate, but if Israel didn't have to defend themselves, it wouldn't have happened.

cicerone imposter wrote:
You're a jerk

A necessary side effect of telling the truth to people who don't want to hear the truth.

cicerone imposter wrote:
Jew

American Catholic with a strong agnostic streak.

(Regarding the agnosticism, I do hope there is a God -- I want to laugh at McTag when he is in Hell -- I am just not claiming to know that there is.)

cicerone imposter wrote:
who can't see the suffering of others,

More that I can't bring myself to care when murderers suffer the consequences of self defense.

cicerone imposter wrote:
but expect sympathy for the Holocaust.

Well, that's just basic human decency.
0 Replies