Vatican cardinal compares Gaza with concentration camp of the Nazis

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 01:36 pm
Vatican cardinal compares Gaza with concentration camp of the Nazis

http://translate.google.de/translate?hl=de&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.20min.ch%2Fnews%2Fdossier%2Fnahost%2Fstory%2FVatikan-Kardinal-vergleicht-Gazastreifen-mit-KZ-31497704&sl=de&tl=en&swap=1
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,125 • Replies: 8
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 02:03 pm
@Solve et Coagula,
A topic upon which the pope was uncharistically silent.
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 03:03 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

A topic upon which the pope was uncharacteristically silent.

I literally got chills thinking about this...

On a related note...
http://synth.at.tut.by/pope-benedict-palpatine.jpg

I'm glad however that the Vatican is saying something...

T
K
O
tenderfoot

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 05:38 pm
Quote -Vatican cardinal compares Gaza with concentration camp of the Nazis. unquote.
The Catholic church were pretty good at killing innocent people and raping little children, he should keep his mouths shut.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 05:48 pm
@Diest TKO,
It's too bad that what Thw Vatican is saying is utter nonsense.

If they feel compelled to denounce violence, they should do so uniformly.

Absurd comparisons to Nazi death camps are deliberately provocative, and when used in connection with Israel demonstrate and underlying anti-semitism.

These princes of The Church are far from holymen.
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 11:07 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I can't disagree entirely. I'm not so convinced in the anti-semitism thing as a systemic thing, but I wouldn't be surprised to find it in the Vatican somewhere. My point is that the Vatican, be it good or bad, is a source that many good people still listen too. Provocative may be good. Starts a dialog at least.

As for the actual situation in the Gaza strip, I'm really torn on how I feel. I'm looking at this in a non-dimensional way, no religion or ideals present, just the human factors. I haven't concluded on what I think about this yet.

T
K
O
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 12:03 am
Diest TKO wrote:
As for the actual situation in the Gaza strip, I'm really torn on how I feel. I'm looking at this in a non-dimensional way, no religion or ideals present, just the human factors. I haven't concluded on what I think about this yet.

So, what are the human factors as you understand them?
Diest TKO

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 12:41 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Diest TKO wrote:

So, what are the human factors as you understand them?

I'm trying to gauge Israel's sincerity at the moment. If they truly felt that this mission was in the interest of their citizens, then I am tolerant of it. If however, this conflict is in the name of land grab and was strategically placed/timed such that the US would be a non-factor due to transition, I think that would be revealing.

It's hard to gauge, but the biggest human factor and obviously the one that can't be ignored is the civilian casualties.

T
K
O
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 05:39 pm
Perhaps the fact that the 1000 bomber raids in the last world war, that killed thousands and thousands of innocent woman and children,was a good idea, certainly made the German people turn off from the Nazis and eventually become the best friend of Britain and the USA. They, saw "the light " so to speak. Same as the Japanese did with the USA, perhaps the same tactics will do the same for the Palestinians. Then again this is really a religious war isn't it ? And as the Bible tells them--- ya gotta go and kill em and do Gods will.
0 Replies