A Movie Quiz - Something in Common

Raggedyaggie

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 04:04 pm
Good question, Mac, and it was a toughie (for me), but fun. Very Happy

Words in the title that I associate with the legitimate theater.

Donald O'Connor
Jane Wyman
James Cagney
Leslie Howard
0 Replies

bree

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 04:12 pm
Speaking of Val Kilmer, did anyone see the "American Masters" program about Juilliard that was on PBS last night (in New York, anyway)? It was fascinating: there were interviews with teachers and students (both past and present) at all the different departments at Juilliard, including music, drama, and dance. I hadn't realized that Val Kilmer went to Juilliard, but he was among the graduates who were interviewed, as were Kevin Spacey, Robin Williams, Kevin Kline, Patti Lupone, Laura Linney, and many others. It will probably be shown again, so keep an eye out for it if you missed it last night.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 04:20 pm
Thanks for the tip, Bree. It's not listed for Wednesday in my guide . I'll keep a look out. And in case I've missed it, PBS does repeat a lot here.
0 Replies

bree

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 04:35 pm
Raggedy, the Yahoo TV page is a good way to find out when PBS programs are going to be re-run. The first time you use it, you have to enter your zip code and then identify which cable provider you have (or which metropolitan area you live in, if you don't have cable). Once you've done that, you can search by the name of the program, and it will tell you when the program is going to be shown in the next 24 hours, 7 days, or 14 days (depending on which time period you searched).

The Yahoo TV search is at:

http://tv.yahoo.com/
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 05:20 pm
You phrased that very carefully, Raggedy! Did you think I would challenge you? Very Happy

Actually I've considered using this topic, or one like it, but was afraid that my knowledge is too specific! Confused

Donald O'Connor - Men With Wings, Bowey to Broadway, Curtain Call at Cactus Creek, There's No Business Like Show Business!

Jane Wyman - Stage Struck, Stage Fright, The King and the Chorus Girl, Footlight Serenade

James Cagney - Footlight Parade

Leslie Howard - Stand-in, Intermezzo

(How'd I do?)
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 05:23 pm
Bree: Thanks so much for the Yahoo site. I've bookmarked it and am going to send it to a friend who will also appreciate it. American Masters doesn't appear for the next 14 day period, but I'll keep checking. BTW, Regis Philbin featured the two leads from Broadway's LaBoheme this morning. I thought the young man was very good. They sang in Italian with English sub-titles. I hope it's a success.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 07:14 pm
Oh Mac, I didn't see your reply. Embarrassed BRAVO and an Oscar, too. My choices were:

Jane Wyman - Stage Fright
Donald O'Connor - Curtain Call at Cactus Creek
Jame Cagney - Footlight Parade
Leslie Howard - Stand-In
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 11:21 pm
Loved that Juilliard show. American Masters is a great program. I use tvguide.com to search for programs, but thanks for the yahoo link bree.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 07:42 am
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:WgD62zMDKesC:www.swapbooks.com/images/furniture.jpg

Furniture in the title:

Dean Martin
Jon Voight
Charles Grodin
Rita Hayworth
Frank Langella
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 09:18 am
Good Morning. Very Happy

Dean Martin - Who's Been Sleeping In My Bed and Ten Thousand Bedrooms
Jon Voight - Table for Five
Charles Grodin - The Couch Trip
Rita Hayworth - Separate Tables
Frank Langella - The Twelve Chairs
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 09:19 am
Yes!
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 09:31 am
Some more fun things for some kids (title):

Dean Martin
Peter Falk
Walter Matthau
Barbra Streisand
Robert Sean Leonard

In reply to your earlier question about the wording of my theatre question, Mac, the answer is YES. Laughing
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 09:56 am
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:4UL9Opkido4C:www.syr.edu/housingmealplans/images/playground.gif

Dean Martin - Toys in the Attic
Peter Falk - ...All the
Marbles
Walter Matthau - Hopscotch
Barbra Streisand - Up the Sandbox
Robert Sean Leonard - Swing Kids
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 10:12 am
Yes to all, but I was thinking of something else for Dean Martin, since I asked Toys in the Attic once before. Want to give it a try? You're probably too young to have ever had fun with them, though. Laughing
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 10:18 am
nice clue! hang on...
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 10:21 am
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:izfQ3ZISk9oC:www.closeoutservices.com/assets/thumbnails/jacks.jpg
Jumping Jacks - I was quite the jacks player in fourth grade!
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 10:29 am
Laughing Laughing I see a balloon there, too. I was considering using balloon.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 10:32 am
(I thought it was just an especially colorful jacks ball. Cool )

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:0k4oFNn7qBIC:www.gnc.com/health_notes/Food_Guide/Beverages.jpg

Beverages in the title:

Yeardley Smith
Greta Scacchi
Ed Harris
Omar Epps
Eric Bogosian
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 10:54 am
Yes, I see now. Laughing But it sure looks big. I guess it's just that I've got the Winter Blues and have been dreaming (Up Up and Away in my Beautiful My Beautiful Balloon.)
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 11:08 am
Cute one. Very Happy
Yeardley Smith - Ginger Ale Afternoon
Greta Scacchi - The Coca-Cola Kid
Ed Harris - Milk Money
Omar Epps - Drinking Your Juice in the Hood and Juice
Eric Bogosian - Wake Up and Smell the Coffee
0 Replies