What is the Worst Casting in Movie History?

msbiscut

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 07:49 pm
@joefromchicago,
TWIGHLIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THEIR ACTING SUCKED!!!!!!!!MADE ME WANT TO CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 09:03 pm
@plainoldme,
I couldn't disagree more.

I think Pitt was great in Inglorious Basterds.

The way he said "Killing Nazis," alone was worth the price of admission.

As for the way he looked, you don't think Clark Gable was the only one wearing a mustache like that back then, do you?

plainoldme

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 09:29 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
So, no one you know who saw the movie mentioned that Pitt looked like Gable and that, perhaps, it was Tarentino's plan to play up a latent resemblance? Jeez Louise! That was all people talked about!
eoe

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 07:12 am
@plainoldme,
I thought George Clooney resembled Gable in "Brother Where Art Thou" even more than Pitt here. With the two actors being so close, could there be a joke of some kind in this?
kermit

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 12:55 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Sort of disagree, I thought Pitt was real bad in the movie, but "the worst in history" is definitely an exaggeration. I laughed at most of his line, when I probably wasn't supposed to, but he wasn't even bad enough to ruin the movie, let alone be the worst in history.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 05:19 pm
@Merry Andrew,
I've always felt that Charlton Heston as Moses was a big mistake simply because it was totally unbelievable that any woman would desire him over Yul Brynner as Ramses. Even when I was a little girl, each time Anne Baxter spurned Yul for Chuck, I thought she must be blind and/or stupid.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 05:47 pm
Henry Fonda as Pierre Bezukhov, and Oscar Homolka as General Kutuzov in the mediocre film War and Peace of 1956.

Pierre is supposed to be a mild mannered dreamer. Fonda came across as anything but. I can't see Fonda being suckered into marrying Elena Vasilyevna Kuragina.

Homolka came across as a blood-shot eyed hothead, whereas General Kutuzov is a patient and deliberate man.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 08:07 pm
@eoe,
At the beginning of Oh! Brother, Clooney along with John Turturro and Tim Blake Nelson all gaze at the camera with slack jawed stupidity. I turned to the person I was with, laughing, and said, "I wonder if their faces hurt after shooting that scene?"

And, no, I did not think Clooney looked like Gable.
0 Replies