What is the Worst Casting in Movie History?

JTT

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 07:05 pm
@mav4ick,
John Wayne or Ronald Reagan in anything.
Mr Stillwater

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:24 pm
'Green Card' had to have the most unmatched couple of all time.

Depardieu is so passionate and emotive and Andie McDowell plays it like she's made of liquid nitrogen - no way those two were ever gonna get it on!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 10:08 pm
Well now, if you're talking about unmatched couples, I always thought that Robin Williams and Sally Field (Mrs. Doubtfire) were totally unbelievable as a couple, even as a couple going through a divorce.
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 10:18 pm
@joefromchicago,
There's one movie casting that's just bugged me from DAY ONE! It isn't as if this is some "great" movie, or even an important movie. It just happened that I had read the book once, then read it again later in life, then read it again when my bedpartner was having panic attacks at bedtime. There is nothing like being read to sleep. Works miracles! I came to love this story called The Cider House Rules written by John Irving. In my mind- the kind old doctor & head of the orphanage was always Donald Sutherland. When the news came that the person cast for the role of Dr Larch was Michael Caine ... it absolutely floored me. Good Grief! It couldn't have been worse if he had picked out any number of other men ... Michael Caine was the absolute antithesis of that kindly, caring doctor I'd imagined in my mind's eye for so many, many years.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 11:01 pm
Not actually a movie but near pitch perfect casting: Lonsome Dove the Mini-Series

One exception: Frederick Forrest as Blue Duck
0 Replies

mav4ick

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 06:40 am
@joefromchicago,
got to be keanu reeves (think thats how you spell it) in the devil's advocat.... good film but trying to convince me that reeves is a top notch lawyer after watching bill and ted takes some doing... good job pacino was there to carry the film along.....
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 02:10 pm
@Ragman,
Once, when Hoffman was on the Late SHow, Letterman commented that while Hoffman was not classically handsome, he is an attractive man. That is part of the puzzle of miscasting . . . a handsome actor would not have worked in that movie.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 02:11 pm
@princesspupule,
His costume that never moved from its deep-V position on his chest amused me.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 02:14 pm
@Ragman,
The only movies starring Curtis that I enjoyed are the ones in which his character died. I find him annoying beyond measure.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 02:19 pm
@mav4ick,
When I read The Mosquito Coast, I quietly decided that the main character was a spiritual cross between me and a friend of my ex-husband. I just gave the book to former and asked what he thought of the main character after he read it. He said that he was a combo of me and his friend.

When the movie was announced, I wanted Robert Duval to play the part. Duval is someone I could have seen in the role. Actually, given the history, Ford did not disappoint.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 02:20 pm
@babsatamelia,
Caine was cuddly in the role.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 02:36 pm
Katy Perry as Smurfette in the new Sony Smurf's movie. Along with (oh though I love him so) Neil Patrick Harris.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 03:29 pm
Brad Pitt in anything! He is a movie star in looks only, the man cannot act! That being said, I saw Inglorious Bastards and that role fit his jerky acting skills.
msolga

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 10:35 pm
@Heeven,
Hi Heeven

I have to disagree with you about Brad Pitt. Not that I'm a fan, exactly, or have seen that many of his films.

But he was very good in Babel. Very convincing. (Wonderful film, too!)

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 11:27 pm
Coming in late and therefore may be redundant but....

Tony Bennet in "The Oscar"

Hideous.
0 Replies

Pamela Rosa

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 03:09 am
Nicolas Cage - Moonstruck
Nicolas Cage - Capt. Correlli's Mandolin
Willem Dafoe - Pavilion of Women
Cuba Gooding Jr. - A Murder of Crows
Woody Harrelson - Palmetto
Gargamel

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 09:14 am
@Pamela Rosa,
Pamela Rosa wrote:

Nicolas Cage - Moonstruck
Nicolas Cage - Capt. Correlli's Mandolin
Willem Dafoe - Pavilion of Women
Cuba Gooding Jr. - A Murder of Crows
Woody Harrelson - Palmetto

Well, we all know why you don't like Cuba Gooding Jr., Pam, but why the others?
plainoldme

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 11:29 am
@Heeven,
What bothered me . . . and several others . . . about Pitt in that movie (besides his terrible accent) was the fact that he looked so much like Clarke Gable. There was this sense of distortion . . . it was the wrong person! I suspect that the resemblance was cultivated on purpose.
plainoldme

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 11:30 am
@Gargamel,
Cage was horrible as Captain Corelli! The book was so much fun and the movie sucked.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 11:31 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

John Wayne or Ronald Reagan in anything.

Does that include Wayne in "Rio Bravo" or "The Searchers?" I assume you are familar with them.
0 Replies