7
   

Funny Business in Minnesota

 
 
ebrown p
 
  2  
Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 11:40 am
@H2O MAN,
Actually you are both wrong.

When I say "we" I mean "we the American People". As in we elected Obama, and we strongly favored Democrats in both houses of congress.

H2O MAN
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 12:09 pm
@ebrown p,



Yeah, those are the same dumbmasses I'm referring to.
0 Replies
 
okie
 
  0  
Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 12:24 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Actually you are both wrong.

When I say "we" I mean "we the American People". As in we elected Obama, and we strongly favored Democrats in both houses of congress.



Sorry, Brown, your "we" doesn't include all of us. Some of us were sane.
Cycloptichorn
 
  1  
Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 12:28 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

ebrown p wrote:

Actually you are both wrong.

When I say "we" I mean "we the American People". As in we elected Obama, and we strongly favored Democrats in both houses of congress.



Sorry, Brown, your "we" doesn't include all of us. Some of us were sane.


C'mon, Okie. You seem to have come unhinged in the last few months. Did you not honestly know in your heart that Obama and the Dems were going to win this cycle?

Cycloptichorn
parados
 
  1  
Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 12:39 pm
@Woiyo9,
LOL..

<sarcasm>
Your post was just filled with unbiased thought before you called me a partisan asshole.
</sarcasm>

I am fine with the process in MN even if "my guy" hadn't won. It was open. Ballots were posted for all to see. The decisions were made in public. The decisions were fair in that they used the same standard for challenges from both candidates. The standards were clearly in the law before the recount.

Please provide some evidence of how you think the current system in MN failed. You have done nothing but throw out bullshit that is easily shot down with simple facts. And yet you call me the partisan asshole?

The fiasco in Florida was a fiasco because it allowed for selective ballot recounting in selected precincts. No such thing occurred in MN. All were recounted using a fairly clear law.

Quote:
Not my job to figure out the solution.
It seems you think your job is to whine and complain but never tell us what you think is wrong with the system.
0 Replies
 
Woiyo9
 
  0  
Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 07:20 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Again, you show you are a presumptive asshole.

Both "herds" are the problem in this country, yet, you are to stupid to realize it.

0 Replies
 
okie
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 12:29 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

C'mon, Okie. You seem to have come unhinged in the last few months. Did you not honestly know in your heart that Obama and the Dems were going to win this cycle?

Cycloptichorn

No, I did not know that. If I had known that, why vote? I don't have any kind of messianic or prophetic powers as you believe your party must have.
Butrflynet
 
  2  
Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 01:00 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

C'mon, Okie. You seem to have come unhinged in the last few months. Did you not honestly know in your heart that Obama and the Dems were going to win this cycle?

Cycloptichorn

No, I did not know that. If I had known that, why vote? I don't have any kind of messianic or prophetic powers as you believe your party must have.


On the Obama '08 thread
okie wrote:

Advocate wrote:

I think that O can't go wrong. After Bush, anything or anybody would look good.

Bush will be viewed as a saint after 4 years of Obama learning on the job, Chicago street organizer taking over Washington.
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  0  
Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 01:05 pm
Quote:
Bush will be viewed as a saint after 4 years of Obama learning on the job, Chicago street organizer taking over Washington.


Ain't that the truth!
0 Replies
 
Cycloptichorn
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 01:23 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

C'mon, Okie. You seem to have come unhinged in the last few months. Did you not honestly know in your heart that Obama and the Dems were going to win this cycle?

Cycloptichorn

No, I did not know that. If I had known that, why vote? I don't have any kind of messianic or prophetic powers as you believe your party must have.


I for one did correctly and consistently predict that he would win; many months in advance. Was it prophetic, or a simple reading of the political realities we faced last year?

Quit bullshitting us. You knew McCain was going to lose and that the Dems were going to increase their leads in the House and Senate. You had a long time to get ready for this; yet you seem to have come unglued, constantly predicting doom and gloom and making the worst sort of accusations and insinuations about Obama... suck it up and quit being so negative.

Cycloptichorn
Woiyo9
 
  0  
Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 01:49 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
It not as if Obama won by a large margin. You guessed right after guessing wrong the last 2 elections.

Cycloptichorn
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 02:22 pm
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

It not as if Obama won by a large margin. You guessed right after guessing wrong the last 2 elections.


I think that you are completely wrong with this statement for a variety of reasons.

First, Obama DID win by a large margin, in both terms of popular vote AND electoral vote.

Popular vote totals:

Obama - 69,456,897
McCain - 59,934,786
Percentage - 52.9% 45.7%


The margin of Obama's pop vote victory dwarfs anything Bush ever achieved. And it's the largest victory since 1996.

Electoral votes:


Obama - 365
McCain - 173


Once again, the largest margin of victory since 1996. And a clear landslide win in terms of electoral votes.

As for the last two elections, you are incorrect, one of two ways depending on how you look at it. If you are referring to presidential elections, I was wrong on the last one - 2004 - but right on the preceding one, 2000; I voted for Bush and guessed he would win over a boring Al Gore.

If you are referring to national elections in general, I was wrong in 2004 but correct in 2006, when I predicted the crushing of the GOP and that was exactly what occurred.

It's not like it was rocket science figuring either one out. Yet you bunch, both times, seem to have been totally gobsmacked by it. I suppose it's the fact that the GOP has suffered it's worst losses in over 60 years that has ya'll depressed, especially given the 'permanent Republican majority' bullshit that your leaders were spouting in 2004. Gotta be depressing. And 201o looks like another nightmare for you in the Senate, as a ton of Republicans are up for re-election and the Dems have very few seats to defend that term.

Cycloptichorn
JTT
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 02:27 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
I voted for Bush ...


I guess even smart people can make dumb decisions.
Cycloptichorn
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 02:29 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
I voted for Bush ...


I guess even smart people can make dumb decisions.


Yup. I was young and dumb.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 02:34 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:


The margin of Obama's pop vote victory dwarfs anything
Bush ever achieved. And it's the largest victory since 1996.


All that says is that the numbers of dumbmasses that are dependent
on the federal government for their daily needs is growing fast.
Unfortunately, these same dumbmasses are not very smart and give
little if any thought to anything but themselves when they vote.
JTT
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 02:46 pm
@H2O MAN,
As opposed to this guy who has never been anything, will likely never be anything but terminally stupid.
Woiyo9
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 02:54 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
Once again, the largest margin of victory since 1996.


Laughing 53 to 46 is not a landslide in my view. Certainly not a mandate.

He did bury McCain in the electoral college.

Yet, you do have low expectations so in your mind 53 to 46 is huge!!!
H2O MAN
 
  -2  
Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 03:29 pm
@JTT,


O boy is the guy who has never been anything, will likely never be anything but terminally stupid.
0 Replies
 
parados
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 05:31 pm
@Woiyo9,
So did Reagan have a mandate when he beat Carter?

Or is 50 to 41 big enough for a mandate but getting 53% isn't?
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.07 seconds on 08/14/2020 at 05:40:19