Well Heres whats New,Its been a while guys :)

mrhunt

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 04:42 am
Well Hey! and happy new year to all Of you.im sure a Few of you Might remember me From Posts such as these.....http://able2know.org/topic/124580-1

And Luckily Things just keep changing....
See,Once my mother got out of the hospital She Said She realized her mistakes and It wouldnt happen again.but When she got out she wasnt the same mentally,The Person i knew who was once so strong had become mentally Someone Different all together.Making Very Off the wall choices and Decisions ultimately Leading To some very trying Times.Harassing Phone calls From her and my aunt To My work,Just wanting money From Me because Although i thought she was helpless She Wasnt.She was just Helpless to Do the Right thing Unfortunately.Long story short She placed a Restraining order on my father,Tried to get him arrested.Abandoned her only source of income and began drinking again...While she was drinking she abused verbally the nurses Who had been comming to the home to care for her So that they no longer went anymore.......

And i left.....I mean,I havnt Seen her in months.It was the final straw,My aunt Contacted me but turned out she was just calling to try to get me to give her money.When i refused she stopped calling....That hurt because i thought maybe she cared but now it doesnt seem that way.It just became a big battle Within our so called "Family" And The Sides were never clearly cut so I decided To Not take a side.....Not Only with my mother but The Rest of my Relatives ive not spoken to or Contacted in Months now,Well not entirely.
I see my father Around Town alot and i went to the movies with Him On christmas.....I dont entirely Trust Him and i try to keep my distance but i Recognize What he's done over the years For My Mother and What she's done to Him in return.but im trying to maintain a loose Relationship with my Father So that i dont loose my ENTIRE family.

You see my mother Tell's lies and they believe it,They dont understand the real story and I Cant Try to explain what really happened.I dont want to be thought of by them as some monster who's abandoned his mother in a time of need.......but I have become So much happier.....Like 10x happier Than i thought i Really could be.

I've quit one of my jobs,Working 85 hour weeks Was basicly a crutch to avoid my problems instead of drugs or Drinking I became a work a holic....better to kill myself working 13 hour days 7 days a week than to be at home! well no more.And With my new time i'll be getting my license,spending time at the beach with my roommate and Enjoying life To the best that i can.....Focusing on the future.

I still Feel as Though ive abandoned my mother,Who knows when i'll Ever speak to her Again or see her again.And with Her being So Sick by the time i Decide to it very well may be too late.Nobody knows Where i live or How to contact me so id not Know Untill It WAS too late......and thats something im still strugling with but Im dealing with it the best that i know how.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 816 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Tai Chi

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 06:43 am
Glad to hear you are taking care of yourself and happier . I'm a little concerned about the fact that you have no way for your mother or relatives to contact you in an emergency -- in case this comes back to haunt you in the future. Is there someone you trust -- really trust -- who could act as a go-between? Someone your family could contact with messages for you? It sounds as if your family is quite toxic and that limiting your exposure to them is wise for now. (And Happy New Year to you, too.)
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 05:07 pm
@mrhunt,
Hey...

Been a while a? but so good to hear you are doing right by yourself MrH and focusing on your life.

I know it must be hard not having contact with your mother - but stepping away from the situation you were in can only be a better thing for you long term. Your mental health and well-being was suffering, you couldn't change or fox anything, and your life had to be sorted ... and just listen to you...

Quote:
.......but I have become So much happier.....Like 10x happier Than i thought i Really could be.

you aren't abandoning anyone... you are stepping back from a relationship that was damaging to you. You are a young man who needs to have his own life.

I agree with Tai-Chi - someone should know where you are should they need to contact you - but I see how that can be hard for you and you have to make that decision. Perhaps an old family friend - a relative stranger who would only contact you in an emergency - or should something happen to you MrH - perhaps you could give your housemate details of who they would need to contact.

If something happened to your mother or father - and it was too late - well, finding out after the fact would be a lot to deal with. Maybe try and think of a way of how to live your life yet still know that should anything happen, someone knows how to get hold of you. Entirely your decision tho.

It's good to see you here and to hear that you have moved on in your life. Well done MrH... and Happy New Year to you. Take care.

ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 06:03 pm
@Izzie,
I don't know. Mr. Hunt finally extricated himself after years and years of this and now he should give his access information? He is in touch with his father.
I posit that people having access should not be a threat if you are strong, but given the history, I don't feel capable of judging that he should open access, trusting "someone" as a go between... or, close it.

Anyway, glad to see you again, Mr. Hunt.

0 Replies