What's up for New Year's Eve, people?

Mame

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 09:06 am
When I was with Kelly we never went anywhere. Sometimes we'd have a party or go to one, but usually nada, and it's my favourite night of the year so it was disappointing to sit home while others were out revelling.

Now I'm living with a blues player - whoo hoo, and we are going dancing at one of our favourite blues joints. I've got a spectacular dress to wear and we're going to dance the night away with some friends.

So what about you? What are you up to?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 11 • Views: 2,072 • Replies: 13
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 09:10 am
hehe

I wanna leave my bump on a log home too and go out Smile

I have a neck plunging dress that is kinda short but I can not wear the shoes !! waaahh
djjd62

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 09:19 am
i'm going to really try hard to see midnight this year

the millenium was the closest i got in the last ten years, i woke up really early (4:3o am?) to watch the new year come to some little island in the pacific, and then followed it all around the globe all day on the 31st only to crash out at about 11:30 and not actually see it in my time zone

oh well
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 09:21 am
squinney and I are doing a big event at her clubhouse.... a speakeasy. Tonight we're going to party like it's 1929. It's going to be a blast.
Mame

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 09:27 am
@shewolfnm,
What's with the shoes? Why not? Oh! It's the toe! Yeah, that'd be difficult. So what ARE you going to do? Show a pic of the dress, girl.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 09:28 am
@djjd62,
Well, I hope you can stay awake long enough, dj... maybe if you took a little nap earlier? lol
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 09:28 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Sounds like fun, Bear. I'd love to hear you play some time. Have fun tonight.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 09:43 am
We're having our neighbors over for dinner and drinks.

I keep saying we'll go intown for "First Night" next year, but we never do.
So it's a rather domesticated New Year's Eve for us.

But next year we're going to "First Night".
ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 10:14 am
@George,
I did First Night here for about a decade. Loved it. It's kind of dwindled away though. Sad.

It's not a night I like to "go out". Too many crowds, too many expectations, and most places raise their prices for that one night. Thanks but no thanks.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 10:18 am
@Mame,
Now New Year's Day is something else again.

It's a pretty big deal down on The Beach. Everyone heads on down, walks up and down the boardwalk and exchanges greetings and watches the New Year's Day runners and the polar bear swimmers. I quite love that. Very civilized.

I took Set down there the morning after his first holiday here. He was particularly taken with the woman in her high heels and co-ordinated dog. She was mincing along in the ice and snow, greeting folks.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 10:41 am
We will probably be delivering lambs. Weve had over 10 sets of twins already and weve only begun on Christmas Eve. One of our relatives little girl named all the lambs after "The" reindeer and the Seven dwarves and the beatles. I hated to tell her that we only record numbers with a letter at the end to signify the year.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 10:55 am
@Mame,
Good for you Mame, have a great time! Take some pictures for us!

When I was younger I was partying every New Year's Eve - today I am glad to
be home with my loved ones where I can kick back and don't have to be out
and about. I love being home, especially on holidays!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 08:11 pm
The wife and I can not drink at all just now, so we will remain at home.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 09:07 pm
I used to love going out on New Year's Eve, but since I live in boring old Manhattan I'll probably just stay at home and watch TV. <sigh>
0 Replies