Photos, Music and Video on your profile

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 10:25 am
BTW, good taste in music RG. Add some of the Pixies and maybe some more Radiohead and you could have a great 90's station.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 06:14 pm
YouTube turned out to be easy and fun so I added it and edited the first post here to reflect that. Anyone out there with a YouTube account please give it a try and let me know how it works for you.
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 06:31 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

YouTube turned out to be easy and fun so I added it and edited the first post here to reflect that. Anyone out there with a YouTube account please give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

Am having the same trouble adding either of my youtube user names to the profile. It doesn't stick once Update is clicked.
shewolfnm

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 06:32 pm
Wow.
That is a cool feature

Thank you for taking the time to ad that to the site !
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 06:46 pm
@Butrflynet,
I have two youtube accounts, one I sign into using my Google login and the other is an older Youtube account before Google absorbed it.

Am trying the user names from both of them and neither stick.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 07:01 pm
@Butrflynet,
It saved, but had a bug in displaying the posted value (that is now fixed). But it doesn't look like the account you added has any uploaded or favorite videos.
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 07:19 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Okay, I moved some favorites over to that account. Nothing is showing in the profile yet, but it may take a few minutes for it to seed.
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 07:31 pm
@Butrflynet,
It's working now. Great job, Robert.

A2K will soon be a great rival for all the social networks.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 07:37 pm
sweet, gonna have to upload more vids
Izzie

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 07:48 pm
@djjd62,
how do you get the videos to show from youtube.... my username sticks but no videos show on my profile? If I click on djjd's - it says "uploads" ...

if I click on mine... it just says "powered by youtube" and nowt there. Should I have done something else?? Confused
djjd62

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 07:51 pm
@Izzie,
IzzieLzzie, isn't this your username?
Izzie

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 07:52 pm
@djjd62,
yep ... in youtube it is...
djjd62

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 07:53 pm
@Izzie,
that's what you need to use, your youtube user name
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 07:54 pm
@Izzie,
You entered your whole url, when you need to just enter the red part (your username only).

Eventually we'll write some code to automatically strip out the extra stuff but for now you have to put it in exactly for it to work.
Izzie

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 07:58 pm
@Robert Gentel,
oh doh..... yep.... 'tis there.

so hate it when i do that... ack. Sorry. Embarrassed Thanks.

Happy Christmas to you and yours.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 07:59 pm
If anyone is interested in sharing music in an A2K group, I created one for that purpose. Anyone is welcome to join.

http://www.last.fm/group/Able2Know+Music+Channel
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 12:54 pm
Twitter is another integration I've been considering. Anyone here use twitter?
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 10:59 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Not yet. Have been meaning to take a look at it. Been hearing a lot about it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter

It appears to be very similar to the Facebook structure. If so, I'll probaby pass. I don't find Facebook all that appealing or useful.
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 11:11 pm
@Butrflynet,
This article describes what I dislike about this new trend in social network usage. They've become popularity contests based on quantity rather than quality. Who can draft the most friends to their network, who can generate the most traffic drawn to themselves, etc.

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB117373145818634482-ZwdoPQ0PqPrcFMDHDZLz_P6osnI_20080315.html

Quote:
Eric Meyer also had to rethink his online network after experiencing what he calls a "Twitter storm." He and friends found themselves receiving 30 to 40 posts a day from one person musing about what to have for dinner and commercials spotted on television. "Who doesn't have a friend like that, who shows up at a party and just won't stop talking," the 37-year-old Cleveland Web consultant said. "Like I didn't have enough information flowing my way every day." He has since created a second Twitter account, linked to a more limited group of friends.

0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 08:53 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I might be doing something wrong but I have photos on webshots I want to show up here as embedded images. So far, all I can do is provide a link to the image. What can I do with my images from Webshots (username russgrace) I want to embed on my posts. RG, are you set up for Webshots?

Such as the folllowing:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/96337678Ipzqav