Tue 23 Dec, 2008 10:10 pm
I need some advice on how to deal with my situation..... Me and my husbond bought a kitchen from lowes for 6,000.00. We payed in full and had a contractor (hired through Lowes) come to our house to double check all the measurments that were provided by us when we went in to get a design. Our kitchen is a pretty simple L shape. When the contractor came and measured he said there was very little that he had to change. Our cabnites were installed on Nov. 24(mon.) they finished up on Tues. Befor they left on Tues. we told them we had a concern about our stove fitting in its alloted space. They assured us it would. Well it didnt. There was a drawer that would not open because it wa hitting the stove. Clearly a measurment promblem! They wanted to sell us a cook to and wall oven at a discounted price to fix the issue. We did not want to pay any more out of pocket but the other option they offered we worse. So we went ahead and payed 999.00 for a cook top and wall oven. They went ahead and took care of the wall oven cabnite that was needed. It is now Dec. 20 ( I was planning on a completed kitchen by x-mas) and they come and install the new cabnite and wall oven. once again... after they leave we realize the cook top WONT FIT . they are offering to completely order a new cook top, wall oven and the new cabnite.(at there expense of cousre) I will not get this done til at least the second week of Jan. I have asked for money back what do you think I should do???????????????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,621 • Replies: 8
Topic Closed
No top replies

bathsheba

Tue 23 Dec, 2008 10:25 pm
@raelynn82,
Since they have offered to order everything and pay for it what choice do you have? Getting your money back won't get your kitchen done by Christmas either. Hopefully, you have learned some good lessons about measuring and keeping an eye on contractors while they are working...clearly you don't let them leave until you are satisfied that they have done the job right and also YOU understand what is involved in any project involving your home.

B
raelynn82

Tue 23 Dec, 2008 10:29 pm
@bathsheba,
They are the pros and they told me the new cook top wall oven would work I trusted since they are the pros they would know better than I. My point is they screwed up from the begining and then tryed to fix it with another screw up and it is all at my expense. I did not cause this they did.
Raelynn
bathsheba

Sat 27 Dec, 2008 03:18 pm
@raelynn82,
they are offering to completely order a new cook top, wall oven and the new cabnite.(at there expense of cousre)

So, it sounds like from what you say here that it's not at your expense but theirs. So let them fix it, cabinets and all. Next time get everything in writing, including finish date, then if it isn't done right, take them to court. Have your camera ready and take photos as the work progresses, or doesn't.

Good luck.

B
sullyfish6

Sun 28 Dec, 2008 08:45 pm
What did the layout plans say for measurements?

Did they not follow the plan? Usually, places like Lowe's and Home Depot have a to-scale blueprint that everyone agress on.

If they goofed, then you have reason to complain.
shewolfnm

Sun 28 Dec, 2008 08:52 pm
I would contact a regional office, or regional manager and keep going up the ladder.

You can prove this is their fault by simply showing them your work orders.
They should repair this . . Period.

Get stern. Get loud and keep talking to managers. Do not give up.

Start by talking to the managers of the workers who were in your home. If they still want to offer you an upgrade out of your pocket and continue steering you away from the original stove you purchased ( the one you WANTED) then end the conversation with them and speak to THEIR manager.. .. and keep going!
raelynn82

Mon 29 Dec, 2008 11:03 pm
@sullyfish6,
They screwed up the measurments. they did follow the layout but the contrator that came to double check them screwed up. ( he garantees his works)I agreed on the layout not the measurments. Yes they messed up on the measurments and then tryed to fix it fast so they screwed up again. No I have to wait for them to fix it the right way.
0 Replies

raelynn82

Mon 29 Dec, 2008 11:09 pm
@bathsheba,
My expense because I should of had my kitchen done a couple of weeks ago. But because THEY measured wrong TWICE I have to wait until Jan some time. They were careless so of course they have to lose some money to try to fix it. Not my promblem. I want to know what I can do to get something back. They tryed to fix THERE screw up with another one of THERE screw ups. Im not going to say O thats ok Im good with this and thnk its ok to keep making mistakes. o and thanks for the wall oven and cooktop. They have to fix that because they screwed up.
0 Replies

raelynn82

Mon 29 Dec, 2008 11:11 pm
@shewolfnm,
thank you, You seem to understand my frustration. I think I will keep going up. What should I ask for? I was thinking the 999.00 for the cooktop and wall oven I never really wanted and some or all of the labor.
0 Replies