merry andrew is in the hospital

Sglass

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 11:08 pm
@CalamityJane,
Good Grief, we didn't even celebrate Christmas this year. We must do a Christmas in July thangy.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 08:50 am
Last post the 8th and it is now the 11th? MA, are you still there? Are you okay?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 11:04 am
@Merry Andrew,
Wait! You're going to Hawaii for good!?!

Well, I am happy for you and sglass, for sure. But I'll miss seeing you now and again.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 11:28 am
@Merry Andrew,
I have had friends who have lived in Hawaii for several years. They did attest to island fever, but they were youngsters compared to us --

BTW, I either had a virus or corrupted files that dumped most of my folders into an unknown user part of my hard drive, losing all of my address book. This happened months ago, but if you would E mail me at the address you have in your E mail handler, I will add it back in. If you and Spyglass will again come through So Cal, send me an E mail!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 05:06 pm
Hi, folks.

I'm fine and dandy (all things considered), thank you for asking, Foxfyre. Freezing my butt off today (it's barely 20 degrees outside, snow all over the place, and the heat erratic in this apartment), but OK otherwise.

Li'lK, Hawaii is now one of the 50 states. I don't even need a passport to travel back and forth. In fact, tentative plans call for being in Texas over the 4th of July weekend and possibly beyond. The Texas Cowboy Reunion, finest amateur rodeo in the world, occurs at that time in Stamford, TX , Seaglass' childhood home town, and we haven't been there in a couple of years.

LW, I'll hunt up your e-mail addy and shoot you mine. L.A. is about the same distance from Hawaii as is Boston (roughly 3,000+ miles). I'm sure we'll get together again.
Izzie

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 05:41 pm
@Merry Andrew,
You sound good MA... despite freezing butt. Great News. Be good for you to move to warmer climes- take care hunni in the snow... savour the moments tho - might not see too much in Ha.wa.I.I. Hugs to you a S. x
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 06:50 pm
@Merry Andrew,
You didn't tell everyone that we are also planning to join my son and his wife in Albe'turkey in October for the Hot Air Balloon Festival. We'll make the jump from Hawaii and Paul and Linda will fly in his Cessna and meet us.;

One of my best friends, formally from the Big Island lives in Albe'turkey. We will probably stay with her.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 06:57 pm
@Sglass,
I'm glad you're planning this. I'm an odd'un, in that I don't care about the balloons - but I do care about meeting you two..
Fox and I are still planning coffee, but life keeps intervening.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 07:33 pm
Well, that's it, then!

Cross Bahstin off my to do list! Rolling Eyes
Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 03:39 am
@margo,
So "do" Hawaii instead! Laughing
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 06:12 pm
@margo,
and put Big Island on the list. there is always room for you at the ranch.
Lightwizard

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 06:31 pm
@Sglass,
I would certainly love to meet you guys in the islands. Haven't been over for awhile.
The Big Island and Kona is probably my favorite, right below the coffee plantations on the slopes of Mauna Loa. Parker Ranch was owned by Dick Smart, who has passed away, and I had met him in Laguna Beach in the 60's when he inherited the ranch and moved to Hawaii. He was a good friend of Jim Nabors.
Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 06:33 pm
@Lightwizard,
Did you get my e-mail, LW, re: my e-mail addy?
margo

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 07:32 pm
@Sglass,
Thanks, Seaglass and MA

One of these days!

I have to say, I know little about Hawaii - probably as much as most Murricans know about Australia.

You have pineapples, right? And surf!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 08:11 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Did you use my Yahoo address or my Road Runner (Time-Warner) address?
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 12:58 am
@Lightwizard,
You are on George. The ranch is a bit rough. It's off-grid and some days it's candlelight and kerosene lamps. How long has it been since you've heard the cows mooing at night.

Just went through a period of 10 straight days of rain and no electricity, I finally went into town and stayed at one of our units just to dry out. There is a generator, but I have never used it. This is our rainy season.

Andy will be comming in the end of Febuary.

Actually we are not totally primitive, but might seem so to city folk.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 12:59 am
@Lightwizard,
I wonder who owns Parker Ranch now. I suppose I could google it.
Lightwizard

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 08:15 am
@Sglass,
Kona Village is a great place to GAFIA in Hawaii, or Maui Ranch. Except they both are expensive. Good deals are getting better every day in the islands -- in another six months it's going to be like vacationing there in the 80's.

I have a new seaside restaurant I go to but it's a bit pricier than Khouri's.
George

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 10:24 pm
So Merry Andrew, will you be able to meet with the Boston folk sometime
before you fly off to your island paradise?
Sglass

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 02:08 am
@Lightwizard,
What is the name of the new seaside restaurant you discovered.

I have my favorites in Kona and Kona area = fun.
0 Replies