merry andrew is in the hospital

littlek

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 06:08 pm
@Sglass,
I assume we're glad it's in the colon and not a major artery...? I don't actually know if my assumption is a valid one. All the same, sounds like a rotten blockage, a rotten hospital stay and a rotten cold.

Seriously. I'm local. If he needs something let me know.
msolga

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 06:33 pm
@Sglass,
Thank you for letting us know, Sglass. It is a complete surprise. Andrew didn't mention this in his posts over the past week.

Get well, Andrew!
So sorry to hear you're feeling so crumby.
dlowan

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 07:07 pm
@shewolfnm,
Oh dear.

I do hope Merry is feeling chipper VERY soon.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 07:08 pm
@Setanta,
merry andrew likes you too Set.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 07:09 pm
Kiss kiss . . .
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 07:15 pm
@msolga,
He woke up early this am in pain and went to emergency. I just spoke with the nurse that attended his surgery and she said he was going to be fine and should be home in four days.

Meanwhile, I have reseved a gorgeous 2-bedroom condo in Kona that overlooks the ocean for the Christmas holidays. Great spot for recupperating.

I know that he will be so happy to read your messages when he gets at a computer.
Thomas

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 07:15 pm
@Sglass,
Oh no!

I'm sorry to hear about the surgery. Thanks for letting us know. I hope he'll quickly rec0ver and be ready to eat more Chinese dumplings with us.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 07:16 pm
@Sglass,
What a lovely place to recuperate.... hope you will both be waited on hand and foot... hugs to you both. xx
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 07:23 pm
@littlek,
That is very kind of you Chris. Just no cigarettes, which is all I am sure he wants.
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 07:34 pm
Been there, done it and have the scar to prove it.

It is a very painful experience being full of **** and having no where for it to go. Laughing

Glad you had the good sense to get yourself to the hospital, MA. Now you can look forward to all that bland and liquidy hospital food while they wait for things to get going again.

Remember, this too shall pass. By the way, here's a helpful suggestion learned from my own experience: Until you have recovered enough strength to quickly get to the bathroom, be sure you have a portable potty nearby. Those first few uncorkings are doozies.
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 07:38 pm
@Sglass,
Oh no! Poor Andrew. Seaglass, please give him my regards and wish him
a speedy recovery. You two will have a lovely time together in Hawaii, I am sure,
and Andrew will be happy to escape the cold weather.
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 07:42 pm
Oh my. Bad news of trouble an discomfort mixed with good news that the surgery was successful. I hate that he feels lousy. I am glad to know that he can look forward to feeling much better soon. Thanks for letting us know and I bet a lot of folks here are sending all kinds of good healing vibes his way. I know I am.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 08:32 pm
@Sglass,
Thanks for letting us know, Sglass.

I hope he'll be able to get on a plane soon, and head toward you and recuperation.
Reyn

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 08:57 pm
@Sglass,
Oh dear! So sorry to hear of Andrew's troubles! Wishing he'll make a full recovery soon.

Thanks so much for letting us know of his condition here on the forum.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 09:11 pm
Please add my healing thoughts and best wishes to the stack, Seaglass.

I'm sure there are much more pleasant reasons to visit Kona, but since Merry Andrew has to recuperate somewhere, that sounds like a delightful place!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 09:12 pm
@Sglass,
Quote:
Meanwhile, I have reseved a gorgeous 2-bedroom condo in Kona that overlooks the ocean for the Christmas holidays. Great spot for recupperating.

Good move, 99! Very Happy

Sounds a wonderful place to recuperate!
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 09:50 pm
My best wishes to you S glass and Andrew as well. A swift recovery and a happy Christmas in Hawaii are indicated.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 10:17 pm
Rotten luck about the surgery but glad to hear it went well. Recuperating in Hawaii sounds like just what the doctor ordered! Hope you both have a good Christmas.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 11:51 pm
Glad the surgery was a success. He's supposed to feel lousy--even if he didn't have a cold. Hope he feels less lousy soon.

Best wishes, kid.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 01:34 am
I hope you're feeling much better by the time you read this, Andrew. And thanks for keeping us posted, Seaglass.
0 Replies