merry andrew is in the hospital

Izzie

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 07:20 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

I'm getting better every day, stronger even.

Excellent start to 2009. Wishing you speedy healing now for a visit to HI. Take VERRA good care! x
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 08:23 pm
I made it a point to keep a watchful eye on Merry while I was here, knowing that he had a propensity to gravitate toward medical buildings and I always gently steered him away, telling him that the outside is a much better place, yet now I discover my temporary absence has enabled him to find his way his beloved hospital bed.

I'm sorry I let you down by my lack of vigilance, Merry, and I hope your stay was as blissful as possible under such circumstances.

I'll try to not let it happen again.

<nods to sglass and departs in as dignified a fashion as possible under such trying circumstances>
Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 07:35 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
Well, hell, Gus, I was trying to call you just before I dialed 911. I figured if anybody could keep me away from the horse pistol, it was you. But I got no response so I succumbed to the temptation and called an ambulance instead. It worked out OK in the end. But thanx for your concern.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 07:39 am
@Merry Andrew,
G'morning MurrA! can I tempt you with some herring salad on pumpernickel?

Or mebbe a coffee with a fresh banana muffin?
NickFun

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 10:55 am
@ehBeth,
As long as you're going out get me a blueberry muffin and a latte tall ehBeth.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 04:29 pm
@NickFun,
Got it!

There was a bit of a detour while I went to the dentist.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 05:52 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
G'morning MurrA! can I tempt you with some herring salad on pumpernickel?

That sounds absotively scrumptious, Ms. ehB. Unfortunately, it's now getting close to dinner time and I'm starting to consider the options for din-din.
Izzie

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 06:18 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Hey there MA - how are you doing today then a? Feeling a little stronger? Hope you aren't doing TOO much and still taking it easy fella. x
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 06:29 pm
Just checking in.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 08:31 pm
@ehBeth,
OMG egBeth don't know about MA but I'll be on the next plane. Now dern where is my passport.
Sglass

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 01:30 am
@Sglass,
Calling all Boston A2K folks. Is there anyone with a car that can take Andy to a real supermarket so he can do some real food shopping. He's been eating junk food from a local 7-11 sort of store. Would really appreciate someone giving him a hand.
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 04:15 am
@Sglass,
Here's a Google Map with a list of grocery stores within a few blocks of Washington and Tremont Streets.

If no one with a car is immediately available, it shouldn't be too difficult to get a cab in that area.

Heh, they even have a photo of his neighborhood 7-Eleven store. Maybe if we watch long enough we'll see him sneaking out for some of that nasty junk food.

There's a Shaw's Supermarket about .7 miles from the 7-11 store.
Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 07:49 am
@Butrflynet,
I haven't been inside a 7-11 in months. I have been picking up odds and ends at the local Tedeschi's which is about two doors down from my apartment house. The Shaw's you mention, Butrflynet, is where I usually shop when I feel up to carrying grocery bags. It's no big deal. If I don't feel strong enough, cabs are an option as is a delivery service I believe Shaw's has. So far I haven't actually run short of anything, although the day is coming.

And thank you, Butrflynet, for hunting up all that info.
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 09:06 am
@Merry Andrew,
Andy, out here all supermarkets deliver food to the house. They have great
online services and it doesn't cost more. So perhaps you can check that out
online and order from there directly.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 10:37 am
@Merry Andrew,
I just searched the Shaw's website and find nothing that mentions anything about doing deliveries.

I did, however, find another grocery in your area that not only does deliveries but also has online shopping as CJ suggests. The delivery charge is $9.95 and they deliver in your area according to their delivery map and zipcode list.

Here's their website.

http://shop.rochebros.com/

This way you'll have access to the nutritional food you need and Sglass will feel relieved to know you have a handy source for it. The best thing is you'll be able to maintain your own stubborn streak of independence so many of my Bostonian relatives so heartily display. Wink Laughing

If you need any help figuring out their website and the online ordering process, just ask. It is how I've done all my own grocery shopping for the last five years. The service was especially appreciated during my own illness and recovery from surgery a couple years ago when I was too weak to navigate supermarket aisles.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 02:02 pm
I've used the Von's home delivery when I wasn't able to always get to the grocery store. Every once-in-a-while if you join, they send out a free delivery on-line coupon -- I get them in the mail. I was never disappointed with the quality of produce or meats even though I prefer to pick them out myself. I usually order frozen shrimp, etc., where I might buy fresh if I went to the market. They don't take product coupons but they do give me the Von's member price.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 05:46 pm
@George,
Quote:
There's an email address in my profile that I'll leave there for a week.

I've got Christmas week off.
Let me know what I can bring over to Andrew's place.

Merry Andrew~
I'm back at work this week, but I'd be happy to drive over on Saturday
afternoon and take you to the supermarket. I'm putting my email address
back into my profile. Please let me know, even if it's to decline the offer.
~George
Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 09:01 pm
@George,
George, you're more than kind. I've copied your e-mail addy (you can delete it from your profile now, if you wish). Stoneham is not that close to downtown Boston, but if I can find no other solution, rest assured I will be in touch. Again, thank you.
George

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 09:18 pm
@Merry Andrew,
You're welcome.

It's only ten miles. I was quite close to where you live Sunday, buying bok choy,
lotus root, water chestnuts and wonton wrappers. Well, in fact the Lovely Bride
was buying. I was carrying.
Sglass

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2009 12:02 am
@George,
Merry, George wants to take you shopping. Now quit being so stubborn and John Waynish and call him.

Actually, I wuz looking through Jane's photo album and saw his picture and I thought OMG I know that man from somewhere.

Please call George and let him take you shopping and find out where I know him from.