merry andrew is in the hospital

msolga

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 03:49 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Ah. UOP = blood pressure. Thanks for explaining that, Andrew.

You entertained doctors & nurses while you were recovering from surgery? Incredible. Surprised
... but, as you suggest, it certainly works for you! Very Happy

New year's morning here, Andrew. Wishing you (& Seaglass) all the very best for 2009. Here's hoping you're fit enough to travel soon! Soon this whole episode will be over & history! Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 04:15 pm
Quote:
The patient been extubated and sent to Recovery room where he maintain good Vital with the exception of his low UOP. Patient transferred same night to the floor. At floor he ha some difficulty tolerating diet and pain initially and kept NPO and sips for some times until he was able to tolerate the diet and his UOP started to pick up more and more.

it may be different in the U.S., but when I see UOP in cnr's here ... urinary output
ossobuco

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 04:27 pm
@ehBeth,
I agree on urinary output.

Have to look back and see if IDA has been explained.

(I've considered doing med transcription but never checked it out.)

Looking... ah, I took it as exploratory laparotomy..
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 09:13 pm
@ehBeth,
Ah, so. Urinary output. You're prob'ly right, Bethie, as my blood pressure certainly wasn't low. Quite the opposite. They ran a catheter to my bladder to let me drain naturally. But that's probably far more information than you need or desire.

Happy New Year, all you lovely people. Almost two more hours to go here.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 09:18 pm
oh dear.. you made me cringe in an ugly way.

i truly hate those things.

You have my sympathy.....and another sympathy cringe for the road....
Izzie

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 10:19 pm
@shewolfnm,
Happy New Year MA and Sglass and all here.... from across the pond. Wishing you a happy and healthy 2009. xxxx
Sglass

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 05:01 am
@Izzie,
Happy New Year MA. I thought about calling but didn't think you wanted to woken up at 5am Boston time.

I went to a New Year's Eve Alcothon after the 12 step meeting in Mt. View and everyone sent their love and best wishes for your recovery.
Sglass

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 05:16 am
I want to express my gratitude for the support and concern all you have shown Andy during his stay at the horse-pital and his ongoing recovering. He loves each one of you so very much. He told me he had tears in his eyes when he read your messages.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Seaglass
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 07:19 am
@Sglass,
The happiest of new year's wishes to you, Love. By a strange coincidence, had you called at 5 a.m. my time, I would have been awake, listening to BBC Overseas Service news and waiting for the heat to come up in this blasted apartment. It was six degrees F. outside at that point, according to the radio. Then, just after 6 a.m., I went back to bed. It is now 8.16 and -- lo! -- I am risen and ready to face the new day and new year.

Seaglass tells no lies. I love you all, appreciate your concern for me, and wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year! Yay, 2009!!!
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 09:32 am
@Merry Andrew,
Please behave yourself in 2009 - no more sickness!

BBB
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 09:42 am
It's sunny, snowy day in the Hub.
It looks like a fresh new page on which to write.

Have a happy, healthy 2009.
jespah

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 10:09 am
@George,
Fresh page indeed. Freshness to all in '09.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 10:17 am
@Merry Andrew,
Good morning and Happy 2009 to Merry Andrew and his friends and family.

It's a bright, cold day here. Refreshing. Yeah, that's it, refreshing.

A bright refreshed page and year.

Hugs all round.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 10:50 am
Happy New Year MA. Now, fer Chrissakes , keep away from the hospital. That should be your 2009 resolution
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 12:47 pm
@Merry Andrew,
What a way to start the New Year but glad you're okay and getting well.

I'm embarassed to say that it's in the low 70's here -- just got through watching the Rose Parade and anticipating watching the Rose Bowl.

Happy New Year!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 02:38 pm
Hey, Andy. Glad you're home. Home you're getting stronger and stronger every day.

I wish you a healthy and peaceful new year.

0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 05:40 pm
A Happy, healthier, prosperous, and a whole lot of fun New Year to Andy, Sglass, and friends here. Wish we could ship some of our balmy January high desert weather to you sans the snow we're expecting Sunday, but for now just keep warm, eat smart, and heal.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 12:39 pm
Merry I hope you find this to be the year all your dreams come true! The same for Sglass and all the others! Happy New Year!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 07:04 pm
Thank you, guys, for all your kind wishes. They are certainly reciprocated. I'm getting better every day, stronger even. The weather's a bummer. It keeps me from going out to take medium-long walks like I'd like to do. Maybe next week.
Sglass

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 07:09 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Yeah, medium long walks to the pizza palor? There is a wonderful pizza palace on Tremont Street.
0 Replies