merry andrew is in the hospital

ossobuco

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 12:08 am
@msolga,
I just erased a post of mine, don't know what to say. I hope Andy has support, and maybe he does.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 12:47 am
@msolga,
He looks kind of merry, doesn't he?

Here's to a rehab place for a bit.
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 12:51 am
Merry Andrew
Hope You Get Well Soon
Endy
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 07:02 am
There's an email address in my profile that I'll leave there for a week.

I've got Christmas week off.
Let me know what I can bring over to Andrew's place.
Sglass

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 02:42 pm
Well it appears that MA is home. He walked home from the hospital. "Sounds in great spirits.
Dutchy

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 02:48 pm
@Sglass,
Welcome home MA, pleased to see you get around, no doubt we'll hear from you soon. Best wishes from downunder.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 03:04 pm
@Sglass,
Welcome Home Merry Andrew Very Happy
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 03:10 pm
@Sglass,
Welcome home, MA.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 03:20 pm
@Sglass,
Sounds like a couple of people I know. Tell him he's in no shape to drive, and he decides to hoof it.

Way to go, Andy.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 04:09 pm
Hello, dearest of friends!

I see that my return to the land of the living has preceded the portentous announcement I was going to make, i.e. I am home. Have just spent the past two hours or so reading, word for word, every post on this wonderful heart-warming thread. You guys are the best. (But I already knew that.) It was great to hear from George and Bi-Polar while in the hospital. Walter sent three separate e-mails to compensate for the fact that he couldn't get through on the phone. Also got a lovely snail-mail card, ostensibly from the whole team of moderators, developers and prime movers of A2K, but I know it's Jespah I have to thank for that (and Regis, of course).

Roger, it's a ten-minute walk from the hospital to my apartment. The head nurse walked me down to the hospital lobby, showed me where the telephone for calling the taxis is, and left me in peace. I called a cab. They said it would be about a 15 minute wait. I know what that means in cab-speak. "Any time between now and sundown, sir." It was about 3 p.m. It was no longer raining, temp. close to 40 degrees F. I said, hell with it. I better get used to learning how to walk again. No big thing.

I will surely have a lot more to say to each and every one of you on this thread just as soon as I get used to not having a bed on which I can raise and lower the headboard at will and remember that if I want a cup of tea or a glass of juice I have to get it myself. But, first, I have to go through some paperwork, pick up the prescriptions I was given and just plain rest for a bit. I'll be back on this thread very soon.

Sglass, I love you desperately and want you to know how much I appreciate the concern you have shown in starting this thread and in all other matters relating to the recent unpleasantness. Remember, if you want to call me, call the home phone land line; the mobile phone hasn't had a charge put in it for two weeks. It needs feeding. Te Quiero. And Aloha.
Izzie

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 04:14 pm
@Merry Andrew,
There you are! Good to know you are back in the comfort of your home and safe. Rest up and look forward to hearing your news later. x
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 04:41 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Glad to see you're up and about Merry! I hope you make it to Hawaii, put on a grass skirt, dance the Hula etc. Keep us updated!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 05:09 pm
Home at last. Glad you're out of that place. Rest. Heal. Be well.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 05:09 pm
Happy homecoming, Andy!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 05:13 pm
@Merry Andrew,
You are home! that is very good news.

Not having cabin staff is not so good, but I'm sure Sglass is getting the best lounge and finest tea cup ready.
jespah

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 05:45 pm
@ehBeth,
Yay! I'm glad you're home. Smile
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 05:55 pm
@Merry Andrew,
welcome home, MA!
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 06:35 pm
Walked? Andrew, you insane SOB!
I'm glad to hear that you are home safe and sound.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 06:37 pm
@Merry Andrew,
He's bavk!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 06:39 pm
@Merry Andrew,
SO great to read your post, Andy. I'm happy you're home.
0 Replies