Am I the only iPhone Grinch?

dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 09:11 am
@Thomas,
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Anyho....I use it for the games, sometimes.

And I used it in the Great Computer Doesn't Work of January 2009 to access the net.
Thomas

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 09:17 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

I know. That's why I never use it. Same with irony.
dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 09:19 am
@Thomas,
So you just, like, LIE?
Thomas

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 09:54 am
@dlowan,
Never. (And I would admit if I ever lied, so help me god.)
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 12:50 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

My iPhone email only works when it can grab an internet connection...which is not often.
I don't get why you don't get it.
Ah, that's a different problem. If the problem you are facing is that you don't get internet connectivity (or cell tower connectivity), then I completely understand. I didn't realize that you were having intermittent connectivity problems.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 01:35 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:
But you can use email to send a text message to anyone's phone, and any text message can be sent to your email address. I guess I don't understand the problem. Sorry.

I put your number in my phone. Now I can text you. If I have to e-mail, then I've got to put your email in there, too, and take the extra time to select your e-mail address when I send a text -- if I remember, which I probably won't if I'm in a hurry or in the middle of something else, which I usually am if I am texting.

And what deb said, which I didn't think about, not using the web features on my own phone and not living in some backwater third-world city...
dlowan

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 05:24 pm
@patiodog,
Oy!!! I am simply not paying to get a web connection for my phone AND a blody mobile phone I hardly ever use!!!
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 06:59 am
@patiodog,
patiodog wrote:
I put your number in my phone. Now I can text you. If I have to e-mail, then I've got to put your email in there, too, and take the extra time to select your e-mail address when I send a text -- if I remember, which I probably won't if I'm in a hurry or in the middle of something else, which I usually am if I am texting.

That's true, the process is slightly different. And you may have to move your finger a bit more. Wink But hey, I'm just trying to help by explaining how it can be done. If you don't want to do it, that's fine.
0 Replies

fgkee

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 11:28 pm
I think there's an obligatory show-off gene that comes with an iPhone.
I like iPhone very much.
dlowan

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 11:48 pm
@fgkee,
Welcome to A2k!!

I agree with the show off gene.

Now I show MINE off...(but just a bit.)
margo

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 01:16 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
Now I show MINE off...(but just a bit.)

Yeah, right!

That'll only last until you lose the bloody thing again!
dlowan

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 05:27 am
@margo,
Beast!
margo

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2009 04:57 pm
@dlowan,
accurate, though!
dlowan

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2009 06:42 pm
@margo,
Just once you lose one little phone...
margo

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2009 01:22 am
@dlowan,
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Cool
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 08:22 am
Quote:
Am I the only iPhone Grinch?

No Lady Bunny. You are not. Because a lot of people wanted this proven hoax to be true, I'll just keep it alive a little bit longer.

Samsung Paid Apple Lawsuit In 30 Trucks Full Of Coins? Nickel & Penny Payment Rumors Still Going Strong On Social Media
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/8661/20131123/samsung-paid-apple-lawsuit-30-trucks-full.htm
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2015 09:05 am
I love finally hearing a negative viewpoint from someone who is a dedicated Apple fan. Of course, his final point is "if you want one, buy one.” Meh. I'd rather spend that money on a weekend vacation. Also, I'd want the one with the link band and I'm not spending $1100.

Inconvenient truths about the Apple Watch

Quote:
When Apple first showed off the Apple Watch, I was stunned. It looked glorious and larger than life. Shiny and precision-machined. Like an object from the future that time-traveled back to the present just to blow everyone away.

This past Friday, the first day that the public was allowed to handle and play with the Apple Watch, everyone who had been obsessing over videos and photographs finally got the chance to use one firsthand. I made it to the Apple Store on Friday and was one of those people.

http://cdn0.dailydot.com/cache/bf/a8/bfa8a4e4e1b7ccf78e67b18dc3d6f748.jpg
0 Replies

swaggering

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2015 04:49 pm
@dlowan,
You are not the only one out in the wild. I do think the Ipone are way overrated. It use to be the "it" back then. Not any more
0 Replies

joe1016zw

Reply Mon 4 May, 2015 01:12 am
@dlowan,
I don't care about these,and do not like take pics.
0 Replies

HaroldKRoy

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2016 12:12 am
@dlowan,
No you are not only..
It is highly overrated.
0 Replies