why do people think speaking in toungs is a must ??????

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 08:15 pm
people say speaking in toungs is the way one on one with god BUT in the bible it sead make love your greatest quest then ask for spiritual gifts do u go to hell if you cant speak in toungs as for some people say you have the holy spirit it you speak in toungs ???????i dont think so but what do you think.........
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,355 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 07:34 am
@tHe CrUsHeR,
tongues
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 07:48 am
@tHe CrUsHeR,
As Paul said to the Thessolonians (5:16)-"Accept nothing without first testing it".

Wow, the scientific method in the Bobble.

nd , yeh---its"tongues"
mismi

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 09:16 am
@farmerman,
John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

tongues are not a requirement for salvation.

ACTS 16:30-32 ......"Men, what must I do to be saved?" And they said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household." And they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all that were in his house.

My understanding is that tongues were given to the apostles to enable them to share the Gospel with others.

1Corinthians 14 :
22Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is for believers, not for unbelievers.

You would do well to read the entire book of 1 Corinthians - it makes things clearer. God's design for tongues was not a requirement to be saved. It, like many things interpreted by fallable humans has been changed to be a rite of passage so to speak. But that is not God's design for it according to 1 Corinthians.

I have never in my life spoken in " tongues" but am sure I am a Christian. Hope this makes you feel better.
0 Replies