2008/2009 Winter Storms

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 04:23 pm
Video and slides of snow storm in Las Vegas.

http://www.truveo.com/Las-Vegas-Snow-Storm/id/3269456531
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 04:45 pm
snow in LA and LV? Maybe it's the end of the world.

For us, we are to expect more snow (up to a foot) starting Friday morning and lasting for around 24 hours. My lil sis is supposed to fly into Boston in the middle of it all.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 06:17 pm
@littlek,
Nah, I remember snow back in the 1940's in Santa Monica (west of LA by the ocean), at much lower level than the present roads from Bakersfield. Dunno about Vegas though.
hamburger

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 07:27 pm
@ossobuco,
eastern ontario :

weather office is talking about a "slingshot" that will hit us over the weekend .
the extremely cold air over western canada - down to MINUS 40 C - will hit the warm/moist air from the gulf of mexico just south of the great lakes and turn the moist air into snow and come back north again - anywhere from a foot of snow upwards .
(since the stockmarket is down - the amount of snow is the only thing "going up" )
hbg
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 08:21 pm
We just got power back in my town Smile Yippee. It's nice to be back home (in a house with heat). The power came back on almost exactly a week after it went out.

Many people in Derry and Londonderry are still without power however, and they may not get it back until after christmas (extensive damage to the main grid in that area).

Letty

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 06:10 am
@rosborne979,
See what faith can do, ros? Razz

Seriously, I am happy for you, buddy, but feel a sense of identity with the others who are still in the dark.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 08:32 am
@rosborne979,
A week! That's rough.

Raining cats and dogs out there now. I really wish it was snow, but I guess I shouldn't be too upset at the relatively warm weather (below zero is brutal). Hoping this stuff won't turn to ice -- seems like we'll be OK, not completely clear yet though.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 02:26 pm
@rosborne979,
It was the same for a guy I work with who lives in Worcester. He was coming to work to warm up.
0 Replies