My Car Was Broken Into

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 02:49 pm
My car was parked in it's private spot in my apartment's underground parking structure. I came out today with my sister to find broken glass everywhere. They busted out my window and stole my GPS.

More details to come. I'm off to get a rental...

T
K
O

Izzie

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 02:56 pm
@Diest TKO,
Oh TKO - that's just cr@p. So sorry. Miserable sods!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 02:59 pm
gps seems to be the thing to steal these days

listening to a radio show the other day, and one of the girls on the show had her gps stolen from her jeep, took lots of calls from folks telling the same story

some saying the thieves passed over other gadgets and took only the gps

i'm guessing that nobody will break into my car and steal my map
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 03:06 pm
Why is it nobody ever breaks into the boom boxes on wheels and steals their stuff? Some nights around here, I'd be willing to pay someone to do it.
djjd62

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 03:10 pm
@Butrflynet,
there's one of those in our nieghbourhood

4:00 pm everyday, you can almost set your watch by it
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 03:57 pm
I'm sorry this happened.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 07:27 pm
blah... Hate this crap. My building management has been very attentive, but I'd be lying if I wasn't a little upset that this happened at all. I learned that while I was gone the last few weeks there was a another break in where 5 cars were hit. Mostly for their GPS units, but one car had it's entire dashboard stolen. This means they were down there for hours...

I also learned that there was another car in the lot that got hit last night. They weren't as lucky as me. That car was stolen. Maybe the thief didn't know how to drive a stick shift and that's why they didn't take mine.

Anyways, I can tell the apartment complex is embarrassed by this. The entire time I was in the housing office today the main lady who runs the place was on the phone ordering more cameras and finding out about getting a patrol. I'm the 7th car to be broken into over the last 3 weeks. The resident confidence is very low right now.

T
K
O
OGIONIK

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 07:30 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Why is it nobody ever breaks into the boom boxes on wheels and steals their stuff? Some nights around here, I'd be willing to pay someone to do it.

the kinda folk who USUALLY own those cars dont even need to be locked most the time. if u mean those cars with rims and the woofers in back etc..gangster style..

theres a dude who parks his car where ever he wants near wher ei live, all over the hood selling meth is my guess, i walk past it sometimes, stereo always on, car always running.sittin there...
black cutlass, super nice.

Razz
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 07:32 pm
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:

blah... Hate this crap. My building management has been very attentive, but I'd be lying if I wasn't a little upset that this happened at all. I learned that while I was gone the last few weeks there was a another break in where 5 cars were hit. Mostly for their GPS units, but one car had it's entire dashboard stolen. This means they were down there for hours...

I also learned that there was another car in the lot that got hit last night. They weren't as lucky as me. That car was stolen. Maybe the thief didn't know how to drive a stick shift and that's why they didn't take mine.

Anyways, I can tell the apartment complex is embarrassed by this. The entire time I was in the housing office today the main lady who runs the place was on the phone ordering more cameras and finding out about getting a patrol. I'm the 7th car to be broken into over the last 3 weeks. The resident confidence is very low right now.

T
K
O

i hate to say it, buy a gun and a dog.

the whole complex, hah!

no car alarms?

noone noticed said alarms?

noone watches the garage?

what about current cameras?

witnesses? investigation?

OGIONIK

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 07:33 pm
@OGIONIK,
7 cars in 3 weeks?

possible inside involvement from the staff?

0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 07:36 pm
It always cracks me up to see a 500 dollar car with 2000 rims.
Dumbasses. Laughing

anyway
back to the GPS..

is your GPS ... well.. was.. your gps a removable one?
remember how stereos were the 'thing' to steal about 10 years ago? Then someone got the bright idea to invent the removable face plate and voila! problem solved for those who could afford it?

What about the next gps you buy being removable?
Or .. maybe just keeping it in the glove box and only bringing it out when you really need it?

It is a real violating feeling ......having your car broke into.
Im sorry this happened to you. Thank goodness for car insurance eh?
OGIONIK

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 07:39 pm
@shewolfnm,
i might be one of those dumbasses someday well okay i lied, my car will be about 2.500 grand, 2 grand in rims, 2 grand in stereo ****.

cant u like, track , a , umm, gps?

:\

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 07:40 pm
@OGIONIK,
Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 08:34 pm
@Diest TKO,
Yeow, TKO.

Well, at least you have company, though that isn't much consolation. May have been inside job.

Reminds me, a zillion years ago I was a hematology tech - though not for long - at a Beverly Hills clinical lab, on Bedford, specifically. Talk about stranger in a strange land, what with my provided starched uniform with the perky sleeves, in a very wealthy commercial zone. (I was busy thinking I wanted to be a hematologist when I grew up.) My car was broken into during working hours of the 9-5 sort, in a place full of attendants, for the car radio. At least the windows weren't broken.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out..
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 08:37 pm
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:
I also learned that there was another car in the lot that got hit last night.

This happens a lot in underground parking structures where no one is around
to check. You're better off to leave your car in front of the building then
parking it underground.
Diest TKO

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 08:42 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

Diest TKO wrote:
I also learned that there was another car in the lot that got hit last night.

This happens a lot in underground parking structures where no one is around
to check. You're better off to leave your car in front of the building then
parking it underground.

Yeah... I don't know... I'm paying rent for that damn spot...

GRRR..

T
K
O
FightKing88

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 09:09 pm
@Diest TKO,
i work in a body shop where we work on just about any type of car. i hope i'm not upsetting you more but the sad thing is that the lowlifes who do that crap for a living... are DAMN good at it. those thieving bastards probably got the dash out of that car in less than 10 minutes. i hate hearing this kind of news, i mean in what sick world should a person have to lose sleep just because their is some kind of asshole out their that never got his ass whooped as a child for touching other peoples ****... urgh. well i wish you the best of luck and i hope that whoever is pulling that stuff gets caught red handed.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 09:11 pm
@Diest TKO,
Sorry to hear this, Diest. These things always happen when you can least afford them, don't they? Sad

Once, years ago, I discovered that someone had removed the headlights of my little VW (beetle) ... overnight, while I was fast asleep. What a noive! Evil or Very Mad
ossobuco

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 09:22 pm
@msolga,
That car radio was in a then-new Beetle..
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 09:44 pm
One thing any self-respecting car thief will ALWAYS take would be a bottle of expensive wine which might be left lying on the passenger seat.

Arsenic might be hard to come by these days, but diazanon shouldn't be....
0 Replies